• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cucumber - South Pattaya Rd, close to Tukom

Vientiane - thai and seafood. New location Soi 1, South Pattaya Rd

Shenanigans-Second Rd

Casa Pascal-Second Rd

Indian on Soi Post near second Rd

These are among a few of my favourites. For a Kebab Near Cyottes, Second road near the lek hotel, Second road near Atlantic bar, Soi 8 are all eatable after a few beers.

The Sportsman for breakfast and carvery night ( Soi 13)

Queen Vic for lunch and stroll down Soi 6 for a sweet finish.

Spaghetti Factory on Soi 13/1 and Beach quick and cheap tasty meal.

Cherry Restaurant

Kiss

Kabob shop next door to Jasmine Hotel on Soi Bukhaow. 55 baht for a kabob in pita lunch. 30 baht for watermelon juice.

Tequila Reef for ribs

Bob's for any meat...love the burgers,steak and the little tacos at TQ2.

French Deli at Royal Garden on Beach side....Pastries are excellent and the Quiche has some of the best cheese I have found in Patts.

I could go on...just as I could for the bars and gogos...amazing selection!

• 3 weeks later...

Pattaya:

Sportsman (roast beef)

The Pizza Company (small pepperoni)

Bier Kutsche (saurbraten or goulash)

Benihana (for a splurge, though Nami at the JW Marriott is much much better)

King Seafood (actually can't stand it but keep ending up there with Tilacs and they like it. Wonder if they get kickbacks?)

Bangkok:

Nami Teppanyaki at JW Marriott

Majestic Suites Coffee Shop for ABF

The Pizza Company

Gullivers (where the burgers suck but the view of the freelancers makes it all worthwhile)

Top five for food (no consideration for price, value, ambience)-

Mata Hari

The Peak Chinese at the Dusit

Casa Pascal

Manhattan Steak house

Swiss Paradise, east of Pattaya

My personal favourite's (consideration given to taste, price, value, ambience)

Mata Hari

Leng Ke Chinese

Tocino, east of Pattaya

Mom Aroi, north Naklua

Cherry Restaurant

McDonald's

Burger King

KFC

Subway

Pizza Hut

Cheap Charley special, ya walk in and you know what your getting. No matter which one ya go to, damn near anywhere on this planet.

No it's not necessary to thank the good ole USA for our world wide dominance as far as food culture goes.

:banghead :D :D 2guns :D :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :

BigD.

Rhymes with Obesity.

Thank you, I've worked very diligently on my "Adonis" physique over the years. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

1 Chez Bernard.................... I already loved his restaurant when he was still running the Hippo in the Welkom Inn. His steaks are fantastic and the Steak Rossini is my all time favourite. I adviced a lot of people to go there and all of them were surprised by the quality/price ratio.

2 The seafood restautant at the end of Jomtien beachroad. Pictures were already posted in this topic. I once invited the staff of the Welkom Inn for seafood. The price is low and the quality is great. This is the place where Thais bring their Mia Nois for dinner.

3 Mata hari................................sometimes you want quality food no matter what is cost.

4 The bierhopf on beachroad......................expensive but good.

5 The Kebab in Soi 8...............................reminds me of the Shoarma in Holland. I still think a real Shoarma/Kebab restaurant in Pattaya would do very well. A great business oppurtunity !!

Edited by eddy35

Hi all

!: Vientienne when it was on second rd

2:Vientienne St Pattaya Rd

3:Vientienne St Pattaya Rd

4:Vientienne St Pattaya Rd

Umm..!!!

5:Vientienne St Pattaya Rd

Yep love the place, my first true, really not like the others, took me there many years ago,

alas she was like the others. But still good memories. :D :D :ang2

Cheers malzy

I have to add another one to my top 5 and that is a seafood restaurant that Irishman intorduced me too a few days ago. Its located next to the beach in Bang Saray (sic) and I don't know its name. Good grub and reasonable prices.

McDonald's

Burger King

KFC

Subway

Pizza Hut

Cheap Charley special, ya walk in and you know what your getting. No matter which one ya go to, damn near anywhere on this planet.

Not sure i'd agree with KFC regarding 'you know what your getting'!

I was dragged by a girl here once and the chicken was way, way to spicy for me ..... but not even a tasty.

Don't know what the chickens like in US, but in the UK not even a 'Spicy Zinger' comes close that whats considered the 'standard' here. :chogdee2

I'm with the very fews posters who voted KISS, I like the place.

Another cool spot is the buffet above the Pattaya Park hotel....The rotating restaurant....Excellent Mai Tai's! :banana

The food at Kiss is pretty good, however I have stopped going there due to the hawkers selling watches and dvd's, disturbing me every minute. :chogdee2

Spidey.

Big D, You made me think of this place.

The place across from McDonalds at the Royal Garden. Isn't it a KFC with and ice cream place inside ? I was in there in December for a quick ice cream. A lot of critters running around on the floor. Kind of supprised me for a Mall and KFC.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the new Mantra place last night (end of beach road) and that was quite a spectacular venue with Thai, Italian, Indian food on show. The food was not actually all that awesome considering the price but a good joint to go if you want to impress the girl.

I ate there on my last trip and liked it. Good food, but another place that will set you back five times what your paying your date for LT

One of the girl I was there with ordered a Tom Yum Gung and received a bowl with an uninspired soup, no flavour nothing and at the bottom a giant tiger prawn. As she said that cook never had seen real thai food.

One of the other girls is a muslim and protested as the bread they served was bacon bread, without mentioning it.

Manhattan's Steakhouse. Went there for the first time a few nights ago for my 45th birthday with 3 Issan lovelies. Cost for the 4 of us was just over 6000 baht but it was by far the best steak I have had in Pattaya (10 oz Australian ribeye). Superb service, decent selection of wine. Blueberry Sorbet was a little too sweet for desert.

Cabbages and Condoms - good ambience, very good Thai food.

Sportsman - like the fried egg sandwich

Bob's wings