Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

We're going to Pattaya in a couple of months. We have three kids, so it would be great to have comments on good hotels in the area. It's important that the hotel is nice and clean, it has a good pool area with a children's pool and maybe a playground. Location is important too, it would be nice to live in a peaceful area.

You want to go to Pattaya Park Hotel in Jomtiem. On the beach with a huge water park for the kiddies. Away from the nite life but close enough for dad to partake. Hotel is clean family centric. I've stayed there with my family and plan on staying there again when I bring my family back to LOS next April.

Hi Marcy and welcome aboard.

Short version depending of what price range you prefer...

Siam Bayshore (Great playground, pools etc)

Amari (Great playground, pools etc)

Dusit (Great playground, pools etc)

I left out Hard Rock because of the room size unless you are willing to go for a suite or at least 2 rooms (talking tiny rooms here). The kids will later kill me if you not stay there, but, but. You can get a suite at Hard Rock from 7-8000 baht.

You didn't mentioned the price range but I guess you are willing to pay a little more than a guest house.

The first hotel that pops up in my head is Siam Bayshore if price is important.

I've sent friends there a few times because of the rate, location, being quiet, playground for the kids and so on. Together with Amari it's the only place we have never stayed. Seen the area, rooms and all.

The biggest problem you will face is having 3 of "them". Unless they are really kids you will in most cases need a second room. How old are they?

Amari also have a great location, at the other end of the beach. You have the best shopping mall almost next door, huge area, rooms are good sized. Almost 40 sq.m I think. I havent seen them for 10 years so don't remember exactly.

Then it's Dusit. We always stay there. Best place for kids unless you are willing to pay for an extra room at Hard Rock. Great 40 sq.m rooms, or go for the Grand rooms at the 8th floor with you very own terrace, shower etc. 80 Sq.m (Around 8000 baht weekdays, 10000 Fri and Sat).

The kids will love Hard Rock, you will love Bayshore, Amari or Dusit.

You said central so I left out the Royal Cliff.

It's haven but you need transport twice a day if you do like us. One trip to town after pool, one trip for dinner.

Scream if you need more help.

Can't agree more with BigDUSA if you choose to stay outside Pattaya. Kids will love Pattaya Park.

But you will again need transport. Will rather take a taxi and go there during the day.

My new list to make kids happy... If above 4-5 yrs.

1.Hard Rock (Beach IN the pool, Haven for kids because of the style)

1. Pattaya Park (water slides big enought to scare me, beach that is "swim'able")

2. Dusit (Quiet, several kid pools, shopping)

3. Siam Bayshore (Quiet, close to South Pattaya, cheap'ish)

4. Amari (Quiet, shopping)

I would recommened the Marriott. I stayed there for a month in the Summer and the hotel is absolutely superb! The pool, the restaurants, the staff are all 5 star!

Probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in aswell!

Plus it is central and is next door to royal garden where u have loads of shops, restaurants and ripleys which would be gr8 for the kids!

Are you really going to bring your kids to Pattaya? I hope you've though up some good explanations for them for what they are going to see. I'm about as liberal as it gets, but I would never bring my kids there. It will be quite an education for them.

Thank you, you've been most helpful! The Amari is a very beautiful hotel, seems to be located in a peacuful area. Also the Siam Bayshore hotel seems to be a very good hotel aswell.

Our kids are 12, 7 and 2. The first hotel that we considered was the Pattaya Park resort, but I've heard that the water park is not in a good condition anymore.

By the way, how long does it take to drive from Bangkok to Pattaya? We were thinking about taking a taxi from Bangkok (we'll be staying in Bangkok for two nights).

• 2 weeks later...

Marcy,

I would recommend the Dusit. Its a very nice family hotel in a quiet end of town but still close to good shopping & restuarants etc, walking or via baht bus. I am sure it has large family suites on the top floor. The hotel is not expensive by European standards, but don't book for breakfasts as I think they cost 7 or 900Baht when I was last there 2 years ago when they where refurbishing the hotel and the pools. Dusit has its own small private beach, ok for sun bathing, but I don't swim in the sea at Pattaya.

Should you want breakfast then just go down and eat, then sign for it as opposed to requesting it at time of booking as you will be paying for it wether you eat it or not. This goes for all the "big" Pattaya hotels.

Check Kuoni for deals as often if you pay for 7 nights you get 7 free if its a package your after.

Regards driving from Bangkok to Pattaya, I know it can be done quicker, but I'd allow 3 hours.

Regards,