Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

OVER RATED RESTARAUNTS

Many say Kiss on 2nd road is good for cheap eats, maybe cheap but service and attitude of the waiting staff is pretty bad.

Food IMO is nothing to right home about, cheap maybe but I don’t visit too often anymore.

The Haven on soi 13 used to be good but last trip it had gone backwards, 1 night I ordered the fresh prawns from the tank after waiting 30 minutes and all I had received was some fries and a not too chilled beer, I asked how long for my BBQ prawns, the waitress shuffled off looking bored out of her skull :unsure: and then a cook appeared and headed for the prawn tank, I stood up smiled as I was in LOS

Some of the Best Thai food ive had is from street vendors, 1 spot I visit on a regular basis at night is the top of soi 8, they set up each evening, fast friendly service and all for the equivalent of a few bucks :bigsmile: .

Cheers

Alf

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moon River for me is the worst food place I have been to in Thailand. OK sometimes the music is good (but not when they have a Thai rock band playing full blast on Valentine's Day as they did last year) and the atmosphere is very good. Twice we have been and both times neither my wife nor I had more than two mouthfuls of the dry, tasteless food we were served. Have not been there for 20 months plus and never likely to return in order to dine.

Many say Kiss on 2nd road is good for cheap eats, maybe cheap but service and attitude of the waiting staff is pretty bad.

There're 2 Kiss restaurants on 2nd Rd, one opposite Mike's Shopping Mall and on the corner of 2nd and North Pattaya Rd, so which one?

Cuisine au Beurre (? forgot my little French) next to the IT centre took an hour to serve the first course, then another hour to serve the main, when they then asked what do you want for dessert I said I want to leave.

If the New Orleans baby ribs are good then I don't like baby ribs. Terrible tomato sauce all over it.

Never found a really good restaurant in Pats, although the 7 course gourmet dinner at Casa Pascal is pretty fair with unlimited red and white wine. But tiny portions, did not feel full at the end.

Edited by bob2005
Irishman,

There is a Tony Romas in BKK (atleast a few years back there was) on SUK. I was with a TG who wanted to try it so we went, not exactly the same as the states but pretty good. Funny thing was a Heiniken was 80B, but a Miller was 200B.

Gammon

Still there, but they moved the dining room up to the 2nd floor (1st to you European types). Guess the diners got tired of looking at the katoey hookers hanging around outside.

Heineken is brewed in Thailand (the only place I've seen it brewed outside of Holland) and the Miller had to be imported.

Edited by Scalawag

The best resturant i have eaten in is the paradise opp the royal garden on 2nd rd,the lambs shanks are the best,and have never had a bad meal there....nung nual seafood is great .[past tonys]try the mornay bugs[thai call them small rock lobster].my mates who eat out a lot say the cottage on 3rd rd is good as is the new one opp the dusit, mantra or something like that.

but value for money the italian rest,on tharapapa rd on the way to jomtiem,the second one up the hill [90 baht spag]and great food,and beer 45bt a big bottle.and you get a good perv at the TG's who come with their BF.and the girls leaving work from the S/TIME down the rd.

There're 2 Kiss restaurants on 2nd Rd, one opposite Mike's Shopping Mall and on the corner of 2nd and North Pattaya Rd, so which one?

Only ever been to the one just down from Mike Shopping Mall, always busy but not worth it IMO.

Cant comment on the other.

Cheers

Alf

Best value meal we had was at the Outside Stalls in the car park at Alcazar show

Worst was seafood place opposite Tops ! foos was shite, service slow ! prices high !

Fatties not bad nr soi 2 , good breakfast, nice fish & Chips Mmmmmmmmmm big portions

I think the most over rated restaurant in Pattaya is mantra, shite service, for average food , in fancy surroundings, with high prices.

I rather eat at these places, better value for money and service:

La norte on the south end of walking street

Casa Pascal's oposite the Marriot

Indian by nature

Mata Hari

Bruno's.

For late night Thai food, it would be hard pressed to beat Kiss restaurant, another place I like is that seafood place just past the Blues factory... some great Thai food late on at night there.

Forgot to add - any sushi place in Pattaya. Tried about 5-6 at least now, including the ones in the malls, Yamato, Royal Cliff Hotel, the one halfway down Soi 2, and the one up Pattaya Tai near 3rd road (purple helmet?). None of them really can cut the mustard, IMO.

Hub

Hard Rock must be the worst...sent Texas chicken back because it was still frozen in the middle...the chips were made from cardboard and the wine was bitter...

I have not found a great restaraunt here in the 30 days I have spent in Pattaya this year ( 3 trips ) however I have found a great many that are "just OK"

I eat out here in Ireland at least twice a week and have not sent anything back in about 2 years...not everything is perfect but presentable and well cooked.

I cook at least twice a week in Pattaya when I'm there...unfortunate thing is no oven in my apartment.

The ladies think i am mad when I say ...out for shopping and I go to vegetable market or up to Big C for the supermarket.

One thing I have not found is a good BG that cooks...a big turn on for me is a lady that is a very good cook!!!

Each to there own I guess

Most places on Walking street are overpriced and average in quality. The worst being King seafood and that irish place (Kilkenny?) halfway down the street. Another irish restaurant I avoid is Rosie O'Grady in soi 8. The food is rubbish, but luckily you can drown the foul taste with a pint of Guinness.

I have been to a couple of the norwegian places as well, and I am not impressed. I guess they earn money on serving drinks rather on food.

There are many restaraunts that advertise on tv ,mags ,newspapers , baht buses etc that you think when you go will be really good ,but often turn out the opposite which ones would you not go back to again.

The most overated one for me is NEW ORLEANS i have been to it maybe 4 times and not liked it once but have given it another try as i thought it might of been a off day. I would go as far as to say the food there as terrible

I agree ,I BF one afternoon from same street went to New Orleans as I wanted some falang food,

Went back to my room for some boom boom ,very early for me about 8pm ,had a session lay a while with my lady ,she says she not feel well ,I thought lol she only wants short time not long .

She went to toilet hear her being so sick ,so thought no boom boom ,said

if you are not well ok if you want to go to your room as I do not have any medicine ,she left looking

very white.

About 11pm I felt pains and was very sick to .

I can only think it was the food we had together in the NEW ORLEANS ,I MAY BE WRONG BUT EVIDANCE

POINTS THIS WAY .

The only same food we shared was the butter garlic bread ,think I will never go there again

was the worst night I spent in Pattaya ,being sick and all alone :D

Gregg's Kitchen, good service but average food that is way overpriced. I paid 285 for fish & chip that was tasty but the other restaurant's in the area had the same for 195.

manracer,

Food you eat at 8PM doesn't cause you to get sick at 11PM unless it has a heavy metallic taste. One of the reasons it so difficult to track down food borne illness it generally takes three to five days for the symptoms to appear.

Manracer, I know what you mean about food-borne illness hitting you after you eat...Contrary to what Big-D is saying, it depends on what you ate at New Orleans and what bacteria you contracted...Most often it is from bad hygiene (washing or soaping of hands from using the toilet), at restaurants...Second biggest cause in handling ice with bare hands or washing of plates and silverware with just rinsing with water...

Over rated...Nang Nual, too overpriced for me and the service was not anything to write home about. But, this took the cake, no water in the toilet nor soap and toilet paper. If the customers can't clean their hands, how do you expect the employees to do so too.

Burger King Mc Donalds KFC

you beat me to it, but you left out Pizza Hut, Sizzler and MK.

other places that i either don't like or are highly over-rated: Pig & Whistle, any western restaurant on Soi 6, Hard Rock restaurant, and all the burger stands on walking street (so dry...).

gotta say that i did like New Orleans and Secrets (for the food).

the walking street seafood restaurants are hit & miss... sometimes you get a really good meal, sometimes it's not worth finishing.

Edited by fountainhead
This thread is stupid there are loads of excellent restaurants in Pattaya serving some of the best food in the world at low prices , but there are also loads of trashy places and overpriced ripoffs.

monsterman

Your insight on this subject is well insightful. I look forward to reading more posts by you.

Gregg's Kitchen, good service but average food that is way overpriced. I paid 285 for fish & chip that was tasty but the other restaurant's in the area had the same for 195.

manracer,

Food you eat at 8PM doesn't cause you to get sick at 11PM unless it has a heavy metallic taste. One of the reasons it so difficult to track down food borne illness it generally takes three to five days for the symptoms to appear.

I do not agree with your 3-5 days for the symptoms. When I eat "sum tum bplah",very spicey, and follow it with some beers, I can expect a serious and urgent explosion of "brown slime" within 3 - 4 hours. FACT!

Food posioning does not take 3-5 days to cause symptoms. FACT!

Slime me, dine me, and blow me green weiny too!

Your Friend,

GreenSlime

OK OK, I will name some of my favourites.

best at low price , Italien by jomtien Nivate run byTino from Milano

Cherries and chez george for top French style nosh , at a fraction of what u would pay in the west.

Mathari , yep not cheap but so good. Nuveau cuisine.

Beefeater run by swedes great food again at 1/3 of the cost in UK .

Big pizza naklua road , without doubt the beat pizza in Pattaya if not the world.

Blue parrots beef burritos .excellent ,tasty and cheap.

Big Als Texican food when he gets another restaurant.

Swiss place in Soi Diamond nice.

Dozens of superb Thai street stalls serving delicious , food of all kinds at low prices.also the fresh fruit carts.

And the worst, oh loads,many instantly forgetable here is a few i remeber as they are that bad Eat alls , terrible food, crazy dave 's, yuk,macdonalds , KFC, chesters grill, Stone Oven expensive and crap,

vientiane an expensive take on, jians Italien , ripoff.

RaJ indian ripoff( now closed)

monsterman