Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Good airlines for getting pissed in economy

I have been around a bit but now travel up front whenever I can.

But in economy???

To me KLM is the absolute worst for dishing up the booze with Lufthansa a bad second.

1. Get on an airline that serves bottles of wine and not glasses ( BA, Olympic) ANYMORE???? That way you can ask for 3 each time and stackem in the pouch in front.

2. A cheap airline is good because they tend to leave the inexperienced in charge of the bar when everybody else is sleeping.

3. Take a book with you. You don't have to read it!! But if you sit quietly turning pages the booze will flow no questions asked!!

4. Don't stand in the aisle drinking...it is obvious, and they don't like it!

Yes it is Crass and bad for your health, but it once led me into joining the REAL Mile High club ( i.e sex with a stranger not partner)

I remeber flying with Olympic in the late 90's when they still used to fly to Melbourne. I asked for a Scotch and a red wine with my meal. Recieved 3 miniature Scotchs and four mini bottles of red wine.

Bloody civilised !!!! :bigsmile:

I am a big red wine drinker, and my trick is to sit next to the galley, so I can just get up, open the curtain and ask for another. After a few times, they usually will give me a few to stop interrupting their gossiping.

I am a big red wine drinker, and my trick is to sit next to the galley, so I can just get up, open the curtain and ask for another. After a few times, they usually will give me a few to stop interrupting their gossiping.

Aha! but not in the emergency exit seats!! Yes there is more leg room, but they equally limit alcohol in those seats!!!

I have flown Thai Air so much that the stewardess' now me. When I order a beer, they bring me two. I had two make a bet with me that I couldn't drink 10 cans of beer between Hong Kong and bangkok. I drank 12, and got a date with one of them.

Thai Air, if you travel them a lot, will feed you as much booze as you want. As long as you are not a stupid drunk.

I got stopped getting served anymore vodka on my last time back, was flying Qatar airways, but had missed my connection in Doha, so i was in a real pissy mood when i took off 12 hours later.

When they came to serve vodka I asked them could i have a Vodka and coke instead, they then stopped when i drank half the bottle... only one drinking as everyone else was alseep. I think the straw that broke the camel's back was when i went back to the galley and asked the stweardess if she actullay put any Vodka in my drink :D

• 4 weeks later...

Don't get me wrong guys, I drink as much as the next guy but almost never on a plane. Reason for this is that the humidity on a commercial airliner is 2 - 3% and they are pretty much freeze drying your butt up there. Now I am talking about the long flights, not those of 3 to 4 hours duration.

New York to Bangkok is 17 hrs non-stop and you can get very dehydrated on such a flight. Even more dehydrated if you drink alcohol. Most folks get there and charge it off to jetlag and it can take a day to a day & a half to get over. Best thing to do is drink a glass of water every hour and when you get there you can hit the ground running. Next best thing after water is non-carbinated fruit juices. Also avoid coffee & tea. It won't take too long to catch up on your drinking once you hit the ground in LOS and you will be up for the job.

This works, I have put many airmiles on long flights.

I love drinking on the long haul flights, but now my regular airline NWA started charging $5 for each drink! No way am I paying that. I may have to look for other airlines, because that's just cruel on a long flight...

Anyway, when I have a chance I always ask for 2 beers on each order! The flight attendants appreciate that, since they know you won't be bothering them again so soon.