Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Where to buy Furniture?

I will be landing in LOS second week of Jan and need to pretty much outfit my place in the span of about six days, before I have to head off again. Since I can only swing about two trips a year, it will be quite a while until I can get back again, so would like to get my new condo totally kitted out and looking like someone lives there before I leave.

So can anyone offer me some much needed advice of where best to find quality furniture for a reasonable price. I'd like good, top quality furniture (eg: four post bed, leather couches, oak tables) but not in a rip off store. I'll pay good money for good furniture, as long as I don't get ripped off.

Also, I'm looking to outfit with a full entertainment system, so any suggestions on where to buy electronic goods would be appreciated as well.

Cheers,

SC

Sanukcanuck,

I had the similar problem about a month ago. I found that SB furniture had good quality of products.

It´s located from the corner of Sukumvit and Pattaya Klang about 300 m towards BKK on the other side of

of Sukumvit. Expect to get there discount at least 20%.

There is also a shop near Homeworks and Big C. Very pricy but good quality. I think the name is something like XXXforum.

Close to SB furniture is a good shop for TV:s and stereos. I bought a Philips 42" Lcd and there price was

10.000 Baht cheaper than the other shops I looked. If you pay in cash you will get 3% additional discount.

There sercice was excellent and the salesman was very knowledgebal. Ask a guy called Ton. He can speak

English.

I hope this will help you.

If you need any more information I´ll be happy to help.

If you can make it to Udon Thani there is a fantastic furniture store with wholesale prices, living room sets, bedroom sets beautiful looking brought in from China. Approximate cost is B25,000 per set. If any chance you would go up there I have some pictures I could send you. I have another home in Udon.

Softrabbit,

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I'll check out SB furniture when I get there. I'm pretty much just doing a cash and grab, so a 20% discout sounds great.

I'll check out the electronics place as well and see if the discount is on offer.

If you can PM me I'd like to get some more detailed info. I'm only in town for a week like I said so any personal experience you had would make my time there shopping go a lot quicker and leave some more time for more enjoyable experiences. That said, I'm actually looking forward to doing this shopping thing and kitting my place out. Beats shopping for the GFE.

Cheers,

SC

• 2 months later...

How does everyone feel about HomePro??? I walked thru there and it seemed to have good prices, but I have not comparison shopped. I am also looking to furnish my condo in May. I think I saw a shop that sells rataan. Anyone know anything about it??

How does everyone feel about HomePro??? I walked thru there and it seemed to have good prices, but I have not comparison shopped. I am also looking to furnish my condo in May. I think I saw a shop that sells rataan. Anyone know anything about it??
Index (on Sukhumvt) has good furniture but expensive, there is also a place across the road nearly opposite.
Index (on Sukhumvt) has good furniture but expensive, there is also a place across the road nearly opposite.

I also agree the best place to do all your furniture shopping is probably Index on Sukhumvit, near Central Pattaya. They have all price ranges, and many brands. You can just about get everything there. There is one big big problem there -- they say they need at least 1 week to do the delivery, and seem very adamant. You will be lucky to get an earlier delivery, but possible.

Otherwise for quick delivery, I like the furniture shop on North Pattaya road, right next to 3rd road intersection. They have a good selection of furniture. As with any privately owned furniture shop you can always bargain.

What do you all think of Decorum, whic is near Com City on South Pattaya Road?

I know the quality is a bit upscale and pricey, but I thought it was interesting that they have an in-house designer that will take the measurements of your condo or house and will add to the floor plan the appropriate pieces of furniture, so that it fits to scale.

Barry

I found Decorum on the internet. It looks very first class. I was thinking of sometime more simple like sb furniture or koncept furniture. I understand that if you are a member the Pattaya Expats Clubs you can get a card and get a 20% discount. I have not joined, but thought I would go to their meeting on Sunday morning before hitting the FLB bar sunday night.

Anyone know of the quality of the SB furniture?????

Index over on Sukamvit Road has a large selection of furniture, kitchens, lamps, and even coffee pots, clothes washers, etc. Their stuff is very stylish. In fact, you could just about furnish an entire condo from this store alone down to your towels, plates, and silverware. Index has a selection of Lazy Boy recliners and couches, Lazy Boy being in my opinion number one in recliners.

I have also bought one bed, a custom built desk to my specifications, a chest of drawers, and a very stylish Vietnamese style floor lamp at Decorum which is on South Pattaya Road next to Friendship. You can get any wood there you like as long as it's Teak. Their stuff is decidedly more expensive but the quality is up a notch above all the rest I've found.

There is another store worth taking a look at. Can't remember the name but it's on North Pattaya Road on the North side within a block of third road. There were some very nice teak tables there, a nice assortment of office chairs, and a massive desk that I believe was made of Oak.

For kitchens and bathrooms Home Pro at Carre Four most definitely needs to be looked into. But for couches, dressers, wardrobes, beds, etc. I'd go with Index or Decorum

There,s one opposite tesco loutus . Remmeber to look first make a list, then send a thai friend in to buy . for you / One price for farang another for thai. can get beding packs from most big stores 1000 brht. You get 2 pillows duvay , sheets and pillow cases .

The longer it takes to find just the right item, the more likely it is for that item to be out of stock :clap1

Be prepared to hear a lot of "mai mee", "mot leeo", "no hab", etc. Items on display are just that. Don't expect to actually be able to buy any of them. :bow

-redwood