Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Tim Royal Residence/Boutique Hotel

Tims Beer Bar is a better place to stay - same owner.

but

last August they started working on the mega mail across the street from the Lek hotel and it was starting to get noisy.

i have stayed at Tims for the past 7 years or so...but not anymore...at least until construction is done

i stopprd at tims to check on rooms and they said only had rooms at the HOTEL

went over for a look, in a back ally, no seniory or parking

nothing other then some flower pedels in a tub, nothing to justify the exorbiant prices they were asking,

when he told me 10800bt a night for the suite, i laught at him and left.

the cheap rooms were 4900 or something like that, hanging out in my room isn't what i come to LOS for, but up to U

chers

rb

Saw the place while me and my GF were walking around recently. Snapped this pic, looking down the soi from 2nd Rd.

TimHotel.jpg

One of the guys working outside told us the room prices and we turned around and didn't even bother going inside for a look. :bigsmile:

I stayed here the begining of November for 1 week and the place was nearly full so there must have been alot of scatter cashes about then. I plumped for the deluxe room with large jaccuzi and was very impressed with the facilities.

The staff in this hotel are among the friendliest I have come across in Thailand and the roof top pool was quiet and you got the sun all day if thats your thing. The food from the restaurant was also reasonably priced and pretty good.

The room cost me 3000 per night and on the 7th night i stayed until 10pm with no extra charge, it should have cost 3800 per night. I agree that at this price it is overpriced and way out of budget for some people, I just gave it a try because my usual place the Areca was full and I wanted to stay somwhere close by that area. I stayed at the Dynasty for 1 night on my return from Phuket in a standard room and wasn't at all impressed with it and Sandy Springs had no rooms.

The hotel is girl friendly and you can take back more than 1 without joiners fee. I spoke to Mama Tim the owner and she said return customers got " special rates" but didn't say what these were.

All in all to sum up if you wanted a treat for a few days this is a great hotel in a good area, however I couldn't justify spending that sort of money on a regular basis.

• 3 months later...

I'm surprised by the current prices.

I paid 1500 baht a night for a standard room (that is deluxe by Bangkok standards) last July.

It is a very good hotel, but not worth 4000 baht a night.

• 7 months later...

Ive booked the Royal Suite for 8 nights in Feb for 51,920.

Whilst this isnt cheap by any means from the reports ive heard i am quite happy with the deal.

Whilst this might sound like a silly question after having booked and payed ,can anybody tell me how long it takes to walk into town from here?

ALL reports are that it is g/f...might just have to produce id at desk....and as a last defence against underage gals i am quite happy to do this.

Will give a full report with photos when i return...Mercutio

I stayed at Tim for 37 nights during july/august 2007.

It was not that many customers at that time, but I was very happy with the room and the service there. The internet connection in my room worked well too.

The staff was great - both reception and the cleaners ! I wouldnt mind spending some more time with 2 of them :D

The roof top pool was nice and relaxing.

Its not the cheapest hotel around, but its possible to get a discount, if you talk to Tim :-)

No joiner fees, but the reception/doorman want the id-card - at least the first night she is staying with you :D

I will stay there again :D

Just stayed there for 12 nights. Got a hot deal rate of $50 us initially with no breakfast that went up to $60.

Room was new and OK, nothing spectacular. They charge 200 baht/day for internet. Staff was friendly. Certainly better deals to be had. Found a better deal halfway through but didn't want to make the wife move.

Hub

• 3 weeks later...
Ive booked the Royal Suite for 8 nights in Feb for 51,920.

Whilst this isnt cheap by any means from the reports ive heard i am quite happy with the deal.

Whilst this might sound like a silly question after having booked and payed ,can anybody tell me how long it takes to walk into town from here?

ALL reports are that it is g/f...might just have to produce id at desk....and as a last defence against underage gals i am quite happy to do this.

Will give a full report with photos when i return...Mercutio

I Stayed at this Hotel last month , November 07 , It is only a 5 minute walk to Walking st , and yes your Gf will have to produce her Id on her first visit ,

O.k , compared to Lek and other places I have stayed this is not a cheap hotel , and it is´nt cheap either ! The rooms are of a very good size , very clean , modern and the staff can not be faulted , some of the freindliest people I have ever met ! , the only downside for me was the breakfast which was included in my price , I only tried it once and had to pay extra for my gf , which I did not mind but IMHO you can get a better buffet breakfast at Lek hotel across the road .

As the old saying goes " you only get what you pay for " and although I could not afford to stay here long term I think if you are with a gf or god forbid your wife ! then it is nice to have that little bit of luxury now and again ! and I am certainly looking forward to staying there throughout Xmas and new year ! .

Edited by ebroguy

It's available at latestays.com during high season at 2,500 bt/night, including two breakfasts. You should be able to negotiate down to 2,000 w/out bfast (i did).

Hub

I'm sorry but I'm not rich like everyone else in the world. My budget for a hotel is between 1000-1500 baht respectfully. I'm stationed in the USAF and my base pay is not much. I stayed there once for 4 days right when the place opened and found it for a discount of only 1300 baht. Now it is over 3000 baht! Trust me it is a nice hotel but it's way out of my price range now ... zarusoba