Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

FREE BAR FINE any night you want this week

It may be a little too high...but I think the intent is right. There were a few people mentioning that this kind of thing would be a good idea for him to try.

Let us know how many people mention the deal to you at all? If it even brings in a handful of people who are semi interested, it's worth it for you.

For those of you complaining...why not let him test the waters with things like this? He was also giving away free beer...that's not a bad deal, eh? Paying 5,000 on drinks is definitely not worth it if you're ONLY trying to get a free barfine (Kind of like spending alot of money on your credit card, hoping for that 5% cash back, 1 in 10 million chance of winning $100,000, etc.) For the people that it brings into the place...they sit down, have a few drinks and have a FANTASTIC time...nothing wrong with getting a free barfine out of it at the end of the night, right?

It may be a little too high...but I think the intent is right. There were a few people mentioning that this kind of thing would be a good idea for him to try.

Let us know how many people mention the deal to you at all? If it even brings in a handful of people who are semi interested, it's worth it for you.

For those of you complaining...why not let him test the waters with things like this? He was also giving away free beer...that's not a bad deal, eh? Paying 5,000 on drinks is definitely not worth it if you're ONLY trying to get a free barfine (Kind of like spending alot of money on your credit card, hoping for that 5% cash back, 1 in 10 million chance of winning $100,000, etc.) For the people that it brings into the place...they sit down, have a few drinks and have a FANTASTIC time...nothing wrong with getting a free barfine out of it at the end of the night, right?

That is my thought.

If you are going to spend the money anyway may as well get something out of it. Im sure there are plenty of people that have gone to bars and spent that much money between buying themselves friends, and girls drinks. if you are going to spend it anyway why not get something out of the deal

Well, this was my suggestion so I'm obviously supportive of it, although I did suggest a graduated discount depending on the amount spent, resulting in a totally free bar fine if the bill hit 5000.

From many of the comments on here you would think people are being forced to spend 5000. They are not. If you normally only spend a few hundred you are no worse off than you were before, but if you do run a big bill then you save the cost of the barfine. I can't see what the problem is - nobody loses and some people gain.

Although I normally only spend an hour or so in a bar before moving on to the next, if I spot a girl I like early in the night I can easily spend a few hours in the same place. During this time my own drinks bill will be well over 2000 and no doubt she will have a had at leat several drinks as well. If I know a few of the girls then there will normally be a round or two of drinks for them, see some mates then its more on the bill. Its not an every night thing but if I'm visiting for a week I will typically run up a bill of 5000 at least once at some place or other. I'll then end up leaving with someone to put me in to bed. I can fuck 'em in the morning if I can't manage anything during the night!! And if I have saved the cost of the barfine then great.

Alan - hope you offer the deal at least once during my next trip which is 23/12 to 2/1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It really would be a great offer if the bill could be devided among different days.

So once you reach a 5,000 baht bill all together on different days, you get 1 bf free.

How is that for an offer :bigsmile:

I think this way you will gain a lot of regulars to your bar

As some previous posters said. Whats the use of getting real pissed and at the end of the night choose a left-over

Hi guys

Well looks like you dont like your own idea ??

Please check and you will see that this idea was in fact some thing that a B/M put to me and then had others follow him in talking about it in a + way.

Guys at the moment YOU get nothing in any gogo bars after spending 5000 bt and i was looking for some thing to value add to your night,if you dont want it no problem !! As i said you asked for it.

Bruiser i was asked to post on this board and yes i do post a lot (is that not the idea or do you like to sit in the shadows ?) plus i also not only talk a lot BUT put my money were my mouth is and you ?? Sorry mate but you are out of line ,i am happy to buy the beer each monday night for members so i hope you then dont complain to much when i ask how i can give YOU a better service !

Eyedot girls get 50/50 on bar fines ? I am not sure which bar you run but good luck to you,i pay my gils 50/50 only on the late night (after 2 ) bar fine . I do this as it is not fair to expect them to take a cut just because i want to give YOU a better deal at that time of night. But i dont know ANY bar that gives the girls 50% .

Dotcom mate last time i went to school (shit a long time ago now) if you did not pay for some thing it was in fact free. Before you spent 5000 and got NO bar fine NOW you get a bar fine with out paying any more money yep thats free .

Chivas good luck to you taking credit cards is a big enough risk in Thailand but a free bar fine after spending 1000 bt . I how ever would still be happy to help you uot in putting your details in my bar so that others will find you . No one stays in 1 bar all night and i believe that if we as owners work together we can offer others a better service,so i am always happy to promote other bars.

Dad yes i am sorry at times i dont get to reply as quick as i would like ,but unlike many i am working (the bar is not my only interest),how ever i do many time reply to the person not doing a post. as for the name LAD this was a name that a local writer for a paper gave me some 4years or so back and i have used it since then. Also Dad with repling to each post would mean that NO ONE would get a word in ,i am alrerady being told i talk to much (any way i nearly up to 50 posts which will get me into the vid/sect so i can shut up after that if you like)

My post ; guys if you dont want me to work with you to find a way to give you a better bar to drink in tell me as i can do what other bars do ; that is nothing or work together and find what most of you would like and try my best to put this in place.

One thing please remember while having a bar can at times be fun it is also hard work trying to keep everyone happy and at the same time making a profit . My prices are not at the top end ,in fact many BEER BARS charge the same or more than me ( i just got charged 140 for a shot the other day in soi 4 i charge 40 bt for the same thing).

I would still like some more feed back which i can use to help you have a better time

alan

Hey Alan Serious i think best thing can do is tell the girsl to have fun

As makes me stay in a bar when women enjoy doing what they do smiling dancing drinking, nothign worse then women frowning when dancing or tapping feet or swaying side to side.

Mate can i ask do you think you get many regular drninker's as if you do. how about this as a swipe card as they do it with pokies In Oz for ever dollar you spend at the bar you get reward points, now what ever points u get can cash them in for bar fines or somethign Justa idea.

So that way as yo say us regulars who frquent it is gettin something even if take 3 months to get the points up. Perhaps whens wipe care might geta free ale or something...

i got zillion of idea's wether they work well who knows so ever need some serious ideas love to help.

As thats the secret i think to a outstanding bar do something that others dont and thats whY Flb bar is what it is today as the Net and forumn idea So hat is off Well done

Hey Alan Serious i think best thing can do is tell the girsl to have fun

As makes me stay in a bar when women enjoy doing what they do smiling dancing drinking, nothign worse then women frowning when dancing or tapping feet or swaying side to side.

Mate can i ask do you think you get many regular drninker's as if you do. how about this as a swipe card as they do it with pokies In Oz for ever dollar you spend at the bar you get reward points, now what ever points u get can cash them in for bar fines or somethign Justa idea.

So that way as yo say us regulars who frquent it is gettin something even if take 3 months to get the points up. Perhaps whens wipe care might geta free ale or something...

i got zillion of idea's wether they work well who knows so ever need some serious ideas love to help.

As thats the secret i think to a outstanding bar do something that others dont and thats whY Flb bar is what it is today as the Net and forumn idea So hat is off Well done

I think that the swipe card is a great idea, it is a win win situation for both the bar owners and the punters.

I think most have missed the point that LD1 is making here.your not being forced to spend anything, but if you and a mate do spend a lot of time in the bar one night and run up a bill of 5,000 this is his way of saying thanks for your patronage.if your in there having a good night and start buying ladies drinks or ring the bill you get a FREE barfine.

Whats wrong with that?

the foot :gulp

Alan,

It's nice that you're trying to make a go of it at your bar but I honestly doubt that you could ever try anything that hasen't already been tried. Fact of the matter is you're in a business that very few survive....Hence the saying......Never buy a bar in Thailand! only thing you can really do is provide good friendly service, keep the girls looking sexy and hope the drinkers return again. I could only imagine the stress involved in trying to make your type of business a go....but you knew that before you bought into the dream!.....Good luck!

hi guys

Thank you this is why i have opened this type of thing is to get feed back from YOU the person that might drink in my bar.

Rhino what a great idea ,i will look into how i can do it ? The only thing is that it would have to be a spend in 1 or 2 weeks ,would not work for a bar if open ended. But i will start to look at how i can do this.

craig2 yes mate you are righ having a bar is hard work ,but i have had this bar since 2002 and we do ok ,having said that i never stop trying to improve the service that we give.

guys please if you want better bars to drink in keep talking as you are now doing and you will get us (bar owners working harder to give you more for your $ ) working harder and smarter.

alan

:fingers a free barfine is a lot more than 95% of bare are giving at the minute. its up to you where u drink and how much u spend. any bar owner will try and keep customers drinking in their bar as long as possible and try and get them to spend their money. its a hard game and i wish anybody well who has the balls to try what many of us would love to do. but i believe a good bar has to make the punter feel welcome and comfortable so that they keep comming back. the girls have gotta have the right attitude towards us and keep the guys drinking without pressure. this is a hard act to follow and their are few bars thet have got it right. wish u well alan and will drop by at xmas for a beer. good luck

Mate it would work open ended for the bar if do like this i think mate

For example just a example for every 100 baht a punter spend they get 2 reward points.

Once a punter gets over say umm 2500 points they can cash there points in for a bar fine or something, t shift 1500 baht and so on.

So that way if the punter dosnt spend enough while in town bar wins out if punter comes back still ahs his card sometime in futre way he goes again. Then collects

Now this card could be a member ship card where might pay to get one small fee which may allow him access to promotions of the bar, discounts on buying merchandise and so on.

Even join it with another busniess ie a person own accomadation for discount using the card..

ideas unlimited