Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Istanbul Airport

Turkish airlines suck's, well when I last flew them back in 2001 they did, I was working in turkey at the time and it was the easiest way back to bangkok.... I thought the whole plane smelt of stale garlic!

The Airport is really nice, quite modern and new, the duty free is pretty good, cheaper than the UK, buy booze, cigs, e.t.c, also have bars in the airport and a smoking area.

nice airport,flight not the worst ive had.only real problem they dont book you straight through to your final destination,on way back get to istanbul have to join the melee at a small desk with one person manning it to get boarding card for final leg.i only had 45 minutes too departure,must have been at least 100 people at the desk.

Having travelled through Attaturk airport a dozen times or more in the last couple of years I can say that I have never had a complaint about the airport or the airport staff there. I found the airport easy to get around and find things in and overall airport staff have been friendly and helpful.

Travelling with Turkish Airlines I have never had a problem but on every trip with them other than my maiden voyage I flew business class. I have also never flown anything longer than what would be considered a regional flight (Istanbul to Zagreb, Istanbul to Budapest, Istanbul to Sarajevo) so it is difficult for me to give an opinion on a flight longer than a couple of hours. I can say that they certainly treated their business class passengers much better than I saw them treat the cattle.

Wopsy - i just booked flights with Turk air departing Dublin 26th Dec - now Im a bit depressed after reading your comments :-( How bad is it? Got a great price for this time of year but at what cost ??? Appreciate a heads up !

Cheers

• 4 years later...

Istanbul airport shuttle provides a simple but efficient airport shuttle service operating 7 days a week between istanbul airport. They use experienced English speaking drivers who are specialized in the door-to-door transport of passengers and who know their way around www.istanbultransfer.net our fleet of mini-vans and cars offer a comfortable, reliable and economical transport into or out of pstis. No need to queue for taxis with their uncertain rates, or drag your bags around searching for public transport.