Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Airbus and Boeing products running behind schedule

Anyway, we've played this game before. You lost and had to make a grovelling apology if I remember rightly.

Now, if you want me to post links to, among others, your pattaya hotel owner, English teacher, Northshore investor, Pattaya retiree, Yugo owner fantasies and so on and so on then go ahead.

Post any link you want to. Guys who like what I post will continue to like what I write and guys who don't, won't.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys will have to carry on this ridiculous topic without BigD, but rest assured, he will be able to read it.

So few Rolls Royce Trent engines used on the A380 and so many problems.

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Boeing announces 790 firm orders for the 787. I don't know for sure but I think they've crossed the break even point. :D I know that Airbus has a loooong way to go with the 380 to even reach the break even point.

Boeing announces 790 firm orders for the 787. I don't know for sure but I think they've crossed the break even point. :bigsmile: I know that Airbus has a loooong way to go with the 380 to even reach the break even point.

No, the 787 reached its current, projected break even point.

They won't reach the actual break even point until they build, fly and deliver the aircraft ....... the same rules of economics that applied to the A380 apply equally to the 787. As it is, the aircraft didn't, as you grandly predicted, fly anywhere in 2007 and it remains to be seen whether or not it will actually enter commercial service in 2008.

Boeings equivelant of the A380 is the 747-8i .......... and how many have been sold? :bigsmile: The A350, the fastest selling commercial aircraft will most certainly match the 787 in time. :D

Anyway, in a few weeks we'll know which of the two companies delivered the most aircraft and sold the most aircraft in 2007. I seem to remember you claiming something about Boeing kicking Euro butt .......... :allright

The A350, the fastest selling commercial aircraft will most certainly match the 787 in time.

Which 350? - The one that was scrapped? It would qualify for the one that booked a lot of orders that they scrapped.

You are in error - They have not "sold" any 350 planes (As Boeing has not "sold" any 787, and Airbus has "sold" maybe 1 380). They have simply booked sales for a few 350's.

Get your accounting language correct.

Which 350? - The one that was scrapped? It would qualify for the one that booked a lot of orders that they scrapped.

You are in error - They have not "sold" any 350 planes (As Boeing has not "sold" any 787, and Airbus has "sold" maybe 1 380). They have simply booked sales for a few 350's.

Get your accounting language correct.

Wrong site, Fruitcase. You want Accountants Anonymous, mate. :bigsmile:

Wrong site, Fruitcase. You want Accountants Anonymous, mate. :allright

O.K., a little Accounting 101 since all you can do is insult.

A booking is when somebody orders something.

A sale is when someone takes delivery of something, and title passes.

Got it? or are you going to insult me again.

Well no it is not. A sale is when someone pays for something, easy really. :allright Looks like you are the one who needs accounting 101.

Really... I am sorry for suggesting that you accounting 101 - Maybe you need accounting 001.

Have you ever heard of "open Book Account? - i thought not, otherwise you would not have made such a stupid post.

In the strictest sense, title must pass to create a sale, period. It does not matter if the purchaser has paid.

Really... I am sorry for suggesting that you accounting 101 - Maybe you need accounting 001.

Have you ever heard of "open Book Account? - i thought not, otherwise you would not have made such a stupid post.

In the strictest sense, title must pass to create a sale, period. It does not matter if the purchaser has paid.

In everybody elses sense you get paid you have made a sale. That is in the rest of the world outside Mangotown. :allright

the same rules of economics that applied to the A380 apply equally to the 787. As it is, the aircraft didn't, as you grandly predicted, fly anywhere in 2007 and it remains to be seen whether or not it will actually enter commercial service in 2008.

Anyway, in a few weeks we'll know which of the two companies delivered the most aircraft and sold the most aircraft in 2007. I seem to remember you claiming something about Boeing kicking Euro butt .......... :clap2

Hi,

The big difference between the 380 and 787 is that the A380 is in service and has proven it is a quality aircraft. The Nightmareliner is not in commercial service yet despite the grand claims made for it. How late is it at the moment and when will it actually enter commercial service?

Hi,

The big difference between the 380 and 787 is that the A380 is in service and has proven it is a quality aircraft. The Nightmareliner is not in commercial service yet despite the grand claims made for it. How late is it at the moment and when will it actually enter commercial service?

I'm sure Walter Mitty will start a thread "787 on Schedule to enter commercial service in 2008" :clap2

Hi,

How does one plane in service prove it's a quality aircraft? So far a 6 month delay for the 787 and Boeing projects an October delivery for commerical service.

It's hard to get around the fact that the 787 has 790 firm orders versus the less the 300 for the 380. I don't think the EU taxpayer if they knew what each 380 delivered cost them they would be pleased with the number.

How does one plane in service prove it's a quality aircraft? So far a 6 month delay for the 787 and Boeing projects an October delivery for commerical service.

It's hard to get around the fact that the 787 has 790 firm orders versus the less the 300 for the 380. I don't think the EU taxpayer if they knew what each 380 delivered cost them they would be pleased with the number.

Since when was Boeing projecting an October delivery of the 787? Late November or early December is what they told the rest of the world. :clap1 Can't you get anything right? :poke

The EU taxpayer will be pretty happy when the orders gained in the last year are finalised in the next couple of weeks.

Edited by CheshireTom
The EU taxpayer will be pretty happy when the orders gained in the last year are finalised in the next couple of weeks.

Nonsense, as usual, CheshireCat.

Money doesn't change hands until the date of delivery. Airbust is dangerously "over exposed" in the middle east and the bubble will burst eventually. It always does.

Airbust is dangerously "over exposed" in the middle east and the bubble will burst eventually. It always does.

What, when the oil runs out ? :D

MR GWB has invested heavily in the Middle East lately. He didn't get that wrong too ? :D

Money doesn't change hands until the date of delivery. Airbust is dangerously "over exposed" in the middle east and the bubble will burst eventually. It always does.

Welcome back, Scally. :D Where have you been hiding? Just to bring you up to date the bubble burst a while back and guess which economies are feeling it most. Hint: it ain't the oil and gas producing states of the Middle East.

So, when is the company that delivers on time, to spec eventually going to deliver this 787 aeroplane? 2008? 2009? :D

So, when is the company that delivers on time, to spec eventually going to deliver this 787 aeroplane? 2008? 2009? :D

Hi,

Too funny. :D Go easy on Scally as it's New Year.

Since when was Boeing projecting an October delivery of the 787? Late November or early December is what they told the rest of the world. :lovee Can't you get anything right? :poke

LMAOAY as it's still hard to get around 790 firm orders for the 787.

LMAOAY as it's still hard to get around 790 firm orders for the 787.

Not difficult at all. It's also not difficult to get around the fact that the thing is still sat on the assembly line and hasn't even started its ground testing yet.

So, of these 790 firm orders, when is the first one going to be delivered? This year? :D

I'm hesitant to predict what will come first; your much promised relocation to LOS or the 787 entering commercial service. :chogdee

So, of these 790 firm orders, when is the first one going to be delivered? This year?

I'm hesitant to predict what will come first; your much promised relocation to LOS or the 787 entering commercial service. 2guns

Hi,

Its funny how BigD is trying to compare a plane in commercial operation with a design which has yet to prove it can fly. :moon

Hi,

Its funny how BigD is trying to compare a plane in commercial operation with a design which has yet to prove it can fly. :D

For a plane that still has to prove it can fly 790 firm orders is still 790 firm orders. BTW, I've looked for the 2nd A380 entering commerical service but unable to find one?

Edited by BigDUSA

Boeing announces 1413 orders for 2007. Looks like a great year for the home team. :bow

A mere 25 orders for the 747....and predominantly the freight version..... looks like it is dying a slow and painful death due to the A380.

Despite Boeings efforts on the 747/8, the 747 is finished..... admit it!!! :unsure:

A mere 25 orders for the 747....and predominantly the freight version..... looks like it is dying a slow and painful death due to the A380.

Despite Boeings efforts on the 747/8, the 747 is finished..... admit it!!! :D

No. The 747 has 25 firm orders. More then enough to keep an airplane that is far past it's break even point alive and the production line going. Boeing makes a ton of money on each one.

One might say that every 747 ordered is one less A380 freighter (if one is offered) that can be ordered.

BTW where is the 2nd A380 that has entered commerical service? I've looked but haven't found one?