Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Just been reading an article by Stickman where a dentist in Pattaya offered to carry out a laser teeth whitening procedure for 11,000 baht. The guy was going to accept this price when the Thai lady he was with advised him against it. Instead she took him to a dentist on Third Road who carried out laser teeth whitening on the guy and also carried out a repair to the ladies teeth for a combined total of 4,000 baht.

Whilst in Patts I see many adverts for laser teeth whitening. Has any BM had this treatment? If so, I would be grateful for information as to where the procedure was carried out, the price and whether the results were satisfying.

Thanks.

18 months ago I had my teeth laser whitened for 8000 B (?) at a dentist on Second Road - forget the name but half way between Soi 13 and Pattaya South. Excellent job but be warned:

1. You are limited in the types of food you can eat for several days - the laser treatment (most types of whitening treatment) remove the "protective layer" on the teeth and the tooth is much more porous and easily stained at this time. These pores fill in naturally over several days. This dentist recommended a week - I have heard others say 3-4 days is long enough. Basically stay away from most dark foods - especially sauces and wine.

2. Some people can have painful teeth for 1-3 days or more. For me I could not suck wind through my teeth for two days and for the first 24 hours was subject to periodic jolts of pain that lasted less than a second. My buddy who had the same procedure at the same place had no pain. Has to do with (believe it or not) you teeth becoming dehydrated during the 1-1/2 hour long process.

Teeth look great afterward - very Hollywood.

18 months ago I had my teeth laser whitened for 8000 B (?) at a dentist on Second Road - forget the name but half way between Soi 13 and Pattaya South. Excellent job but be warned:

1. You are limited in the types of food you can eat for several days - the laser treatment (most types of whitening treatment) remove the "protective layer" on the teeth and the tooth is much more porous and easily stained at this time. These pores fill in naturally over several days. This dentist recommended a week - I have heard others say 3-4 days is long enough. Basically stay away from most dark foods - especially sauces and wine.

2. Some people can have painful teeth for 1-3 days or more. For me I could not suck wind through my teeth for two days and for the first 24 hours was subject to periodic jolts of pain that lasted less than a second. My buddy who had the same procedure at the same place had no pain. Has to do with (believe it or not) you teeth becoming dehydrated during the 1-1/2 hour long process.

Teeth look great afterward - very Hollywood.

Thanks. I did have the procedure carried out by a dentist in England about 3 years ago. It involved sitting in the chair for about an hour with a blue light being focussed onto the teeth. Good results. Price was a bit prohibitive. As I recall it cost £675.00. No problems afterwards though. Just told not to drink wine, tea or coffee for 24 hours.

Just had a response from the Pattaya dental centre who advised me that they would want 15,000 baht for the procedure. If you had it carried out for 8,000 baht and the Stickman guy had it done for 4,000 baht, there is clearly a massive disparity in cost.

Thanks for the information.

I had it done in late August this year at the place just before soi 6 on 2nd road, sorry forgot the name(something like smile) but was very good.

They advertise in most of the free tourist info books, it cost me 10,000 baht. The process took about 2 hours to do & is not completly painless! At times the laser would trigger a nerve & it went shooting through my head.

It was a female dentist, extremly pleasant as were her helpers! I went back & had a liitle more work done a few days later, when you smile as much as I do it helps if your nashers are in order :D :finger

Yes last ages and they give you a kit but not used it cost me 15000 last jan but price has come down, i still look hansum.As soon as i get to Pattaya i go straight to the dentist been 3 times this year i use one opposite that place that TUC COM i think its called electronics place i had clean polish 2 white fillings and jah daughter had the same as me 27 quid for us both... :D

Had it done twice,good results but i recommend having the trays made and getting the peroxide gel.I know its more hassle but the results are better and you can do touch ups anytime you want to keep your teeth white all the time

Geoff, I had the lazer treatment done last September, I think it was called the Royal dentists, on 2nd Road almost directly across from the Marriott hotel. It cost B10 000, and B1000 for a hygenist to clean the teeth first. I found having to keep my mouth wide open for two hours very uncomfortable, I also had sensitivity shooting pains for a day or two later. I asked the receptioist at the Areca where I was staying for a "before and after" opinion, her view was that the teeth defnitly looked whiter, the precautions already mentioned by other BM,s in regard to staining are correct.

I would think having the procedure done in England would be much more expensive.

My mates wife is a dental nurse, and I am told all UK dental nurses etc, have to have jabs for Hepatitis B and A, and a few others.

Do they also do this in the Pattaya dental clinics? or is it best to get the jabs yourself?

I already had the doctors recommended, tetanus,typhus, HepA,etc; but was told the HepB was not really necessary for that region of LOS :D may be wise to get it though, if planning dental treatment by non immunized doctors/nurses.

What do you guys think? certainly sounds a lot cheaper to get work done there <grin :banghead

:bigsmile:

My mates wife is a dental nurse, and I am told all UK dental nurses etc, have to have jabs for Hepatitis B and A, and a few others.

Do they also do this in the Pattaya dental clinics? or is it best to get the jabs yourself?

I already had the doctors recommended, tetanus,typhus, HepA,etc; but was told the HepB was not really necessary for that region of LOS :clap2 may be wise to get it though, if planning dental treatment by non immunized doctors/nurses.

What do you guys think? certainly sounds a lot cheaper to get work done there :D :drunk

:chogdee2

I have had the jab for Hep A & B (all 3).

This trip I did the full check up at Bumrangrad. The tests came back and said I should get the Hep B. Concerned I asked the doctor why and I had my shot record. He said that if your over 40 sometimes it doesn't take. Then he talked about how it spreads and said if I pratice safe sex I wouldn't get it... Hummm. I'm waiting to ask my Dr in the US..

ben99, go to your dentist they will make an imprint of your teeth and gums and make a hard plastic tray with the capability of attaching to your upper and lower teeth. Your purchase a paste which you squeeze into the trays outer edges. Attach the trays to your teeth and leave there for the duration depending on the strength of the paste.

I use the strongest paste which only takes an hour to leave on your teeth. You must be careful to not drink too hot or too cold a liquid for a couple of days. Also, it is preferred not to drink high staining drinks for a couple of days too, such as wine, coffee and tea. It does work wonders with much less pain and easy to get a whitening treatment while watching t.v., sleeping or reading a book.

ben99, go to your dentist they will make an imprint of your teeth and gums and make a hard plastic tray with the capability of attaching to your upper and lower teeth. Your purchase a paste which you squeeze into the trays outer edges. Attach the trays to your teeth and leave there for the duration depending on the strength of the paste.

I use the strongest paste which only takes an hour to leave on your teeth. You must be careful to not drink too hot or too cold a liquid for a couple of days. Also, it is preferred not to drink high staining drinks for a couple of days too, such as wine, coffee and tea. It does work wonders with much less pain and easy to get a whitening treatment while watching t.v., sleeping or reading a book.

Thanks

http://www.colgate.com/app/Colgate/US/OC/I...mMyDentist.cvsp

- so is it cheaper or more expensive than lazers?

Edited by ben99

Hope this isn't too off topic, and I don't mean to hijack the thread, but has anyone had any bonding or veneers done to there teeth there? I got this huge, sexy gap between my front two chompers and was planning to get that shit fixed while I'm there.

It costs about $100 per tooth for bonding, here, and $300 for venneers.

Anyone?

• 1 month later...

went to have the treatment last week, cost 11,000 including cleaning, took the bast part of 3 hours and the result was disappointing to say the least, I expected my teeth to be white, but now they are a brighter shade of yellow, I used the art of smile..save your money

Had the laser treatment almost 1 year ago, results still good. Not painful at the time but cold beer or even cool air on teeth painful for the next day or two. Also had the scale & polish done just before the laser, this was a very thorough job, took about 45 minutes, laser about 90 minutes. I went to the Sunbeam dental clinic, small place on Soi 8 down the side of Sunbeam hotel. They did the best price I could find at the time, 4000 bht laser, 500 bht scale & polish. The place was spotless and the treatment carried out by the Dentist. One place I enquired at on 2nd Road I think the laser was done by a beautician!

When I got back to UK I phoned around for prices out of curiosity, 400-600 pounds as I rember, but one clinic mentioned leaving minimum 2 weeks between scale & polish and laser, otherwise painful teeth! I'll know for next time.

I had cleanining, one cavity filled and lasere whitening for 6000B in late December on North side of Central Pattaya Rd about 200 meters East of 2nd road. Dentist office was very professional and helper girl was a beauty. There are about 3-4 other dentists east of 2nd before I got to this one. The others were between 8000-10,000B. For me very little pain but some tenderness with ice cold drinks for the rest of that day and early the next. by mid afternoon either there was no pain or I was too drunk to remember.

Life is good

Aces