Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

queen victoria rooms on soi 6

Good reputation,however the stairs are a bit of a drag if pissed up and early in the morning!

Another thing is with it's location you are in grave danger of never leaving this SOI until your flight home! :D :banghead :bigsmile:

Simply my opinion but you get what you pay for there. Bed was comfortable and rooms are decent size. Stairs are a bitch, small steps, and I didn't care for the shower without a seperate stall. Good food, good staff, low prices, good location, but I won't stay there again. I won't recommend the place but I won't tell you not to stay there either :bigsmile:

Simply my opinion but you get what you pay for there. Bed was comfortable and rooms are decent size. Stairs are a bitch, small steps, and I didn't care for the shower without a seperate stall. Good food, good staff, low prices, good location, but I won't stay there again. I won't recommend the place but I won't tell you not to stay there either :bigsmile:

Have to agree with you there, rooms are ok and food/drinks aren't bad downstairs but those stairs where MURDER. Plus if you stagger in as late as I used to going around the back to crawl up the stairs in that alley just really didn't appeal to me.

The location is nice though, right across from my fav ST Bar and the evening view out my window was... inspiring.

FWIW they have good pub grub and you can't beat the location. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

• 4 weeks later...

Stayed at the Vic for a week in February, and if you want to be right at the centre of the action you couldn't find a better place. The standard rooms are ok, while the deluxe rooms are very ok, and I gather the Vic is currently expanding to add more of the latter. Had no complaints whatsoever - it's a haven of air-conditioned sanity when you find you want to touch base with your past (western) life for an hour or two. Vic, the manager, is the most helpful and wryly humurous chap you could wish to meet, especially if it's your first time in Patts. Given the low room prices as well, this is a super hotel to stay at.

My dad and I will be staying here on the upcoming trip.

:gulp

I had been a regular guest at he QV over the last couple of years, however my last stay was a nightmare.

I made my booking over the internet and arrived ready to party I had spoken to Vic many times before.and had got along well with him.

After my first day, Vic omes up to me and says hey will be making some small changes to the room next door to mine (constuction) How long I asked, only two days he replies. Ok I like the vic, so two days no problem. Two days turned in to 8, no appology ws given and no offer was made to cut my room rate.

I was most upset with Vic, hence I will never stay there again.

In my mind, as a customer I should have been told before I arrived about the upcoming construction and would have stayed somwhere else for that trip and returned to the vic for my next trip.

He has brought the building next to the vic and there may be working on going.

Now when I make my booking, I always ask if there will be any construction during my stay.

I had been a regular guest at he QV over the last couple of years, however my last stay was a nightmare.

I made my booking over the internet and arrived ready to party I had spoken to Vic many times before.and had got along well with him.

After my first day, Vic omes up to me and says hey will be making some small changes to the room next door to mine (constuction) How long I asked, only two days he replies. Ok I like the vic, so two days no problem. Two days turned in to 8, no appology ws given and no offer was made to cut my room rate.

In my mind, as a customer I should have been told before I arrived about the upcoming construction and would have stayed somwhere else for that trip and returned to the vic for my next trip.

Now when I make my booking, I always ask if there will be any construction during my stay.

Was the noise going on while you were trying to sleep? I usually get back to the hotel around 4 am and sleep until 12 or so. every business has to do some constuction once in a while. I suspect if you contact Vic and tell him of your issue, he will likely discount the next stay.

I stayed there last November and they were refurbishing the room next door to mine, some banging and drilling noise but only intermittently. Mentioned it to Vic and he apologised and bought me a drink for my trouble.

On the day I was booking out he showed me one of the refurbished rooms. Looked very nicely done - new shower arrangement.

Hasn't stopped me from booking my third stay there. 8 weeks to go.

I stayed in QVic and stayed in there new room No 21 it was great BUT I stayed one night on the other side of the building which is next to the builsding they are renovating this was a major noise issue. I was there in mid Feb

maybe I am just too impatient, but I was in there about three weeks ago to check on the availability of rooms

the young lady I asked couldn't answer me and said I'd need to check with another lady who was on the phone (mobile)

she indicated to the other lady that I was inquiring about rooms

she grabbed a ledger that apparently was being used to record the room usage and checkouts or whatever

she kept on rambling with her girlie mate on the phone about nothing while I stood there waiting for an answer as to the availability of their rooms

a cute young gal came downstairs and went outside, so I followed her

unfortunately she must have been knackered, cause she said she was heading straight home, cute as hell though

I didn't even think about going back into QV to see about the availability, as I figured miss customer service would still be yackin' away on her fuckin' mobile

edited out the talk about what I discussed with the TG, 555

Edited by BHY

I stayed in a deluxe room on the 3rd floor which cost 800 baht a night. Room was good at that price with a balconey over soi 6. Only negatives for me were climbing the stairs which was a bitch and the water pressure was low out of the taps in the bathroom, although the shower was reasonable.

Here are a few photos of room 21 where I stayed for 800 baht a night. Nice room and good value in my opinion. All the usual stuff: electronic safe, air con, fan, DVD, fridge etc etc. Large shower area. No construction noise and a great location. As I said the only negatives for me were climbing the stairs which were a bitch and the water pressure was low out of the taps in the bathroom, although the shower was reasonable.

The fire escape entrance around the back I liked because I could come and go as a please undisturbed, if I wanted to.

However, people have different expections. For me it was good value at 800 baht, but for other people who knows. People don't seem to consider the price/quality equation.

Vic2.jpg

Vic.jpg

View from the window

Vic3.jpg

View from the balcony

Vic4.jpg

Edited by johnboy1

I can't wait to take some pics from that balcony during Songkran!

:bigsmile:

Hi Johnboy - was this room 21 one of the newer ones that was just renovated with an actual shower stall? When I was there in November Vic gave me a tour of the construction area and the newer room design looked really nice - I don't care much for the combined shower/toilet area you find in so many Pattaya hotels. I am booked for one of these superior rooms for the first two weeks of April and am looking forward to seeing the changes.

I don't know if it was a renovated room or not. It did have a glass shower stall so I assume it is. I just noticed there is a reflection of me taking the photo on the glass shower door.

I don't know if it was a renovated room or not. It did have a glass shower stall so I assume it is. I just noticed there is a reflection of me taking the photo on the glass shower door.

Haha. Good to hear that room has a shower door. Aside from the stairs that was my reason for not wanting to return so will consider it again in the future. Hate getting water all over the bathroom. The birds-eye view of the TG and surrounding bars is a definite plus.

• 3 weeks later...

stayed here for a month at end of january o7!!! the room i stayed in was a deluxe room was apretty large one with tv dvd player hi fi system balcony onto soi 6 !!!! i think it was 850 a night and i got a discount for long stay!!!! i just booked another month in january 08 in his new penthouse suite which i believe is not completed yet!!!! over 2000 a night but from what vic told me a big "jacuuzi" kingsize bed all that stuff and soi 6 on your doorstep food downstairs like good old pub food from blighty, no complaints vic and jane very welcoming !!!! no over night guest charges !!! and bar downstairs fully air cond which is a breather off soi 6 <grin

So, I'm still staying there right now and all I have to say is that Vic is one hell of a hotel operator!

I'll give a proper review when I get home (sober). :finger