Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

HERE IS A Nice Futures fund that can make you a Great Yeild

Greed is NOT good. I was enjoying a nine percent return and decided to get back in the stock market. Now I remember why I got out of the market

Hi,

IMO options/futures is gambling not investment. I like gambling. :banana But I think Owen's way is the right way for virtually everybody.

This is a little off-topic but appropriate in that it explains how brokers of all sorts work over the uninformed public. This broker acquaintance of mine explains how you can make money, as a broker of course, even though you are only 50% right. Make 100 cold calls to individuals that are on a purchased list of investors that you can count on to have a little experience. Don't sell them anything!! Tell 50 of them that XYZ stock is going to go up in the next thirty days and tell 50 of them that the stock will fall. 30 days later, you will be right to 50 of the people that you called. Then ask them to invest. If not, split the 50 into groups of 25 and tell them about another stock. Within 60 days, you have 25 people that think you are a genius because you picked two stocks that did exactly what you said. Extrapolate this to 1000s of individuals and you will always have a stream of people who think that you are God's gift to the market.

I have invested over the past twenty years in trust deeds and mortgages in the United States and have made quite a hefty return. Yes, I dealt with seven foreclosures last year and all made money with interest on interest and the added fees of default. I became owner of two properties and sold both at a nice profit. Don't discount this market if you have bucks to invest as it allowed me to retire at the age of 37.

Have a Great Day

And yet . . . have you noticed that P&G do, in fact, make toothpaste? Ford and Toyota are in the car business? GE makes light bulbs? Citibank lends money to people who want to buy houses? Barclays does the same?

Why might that be? Maybe it's because this is all crap.

I am not saying you should be taking advantage of whatever investments the orignal poster

posted but your post is way off base. The reason those companies make what they do is

because we NEED and USE those products. GM makes cars because people need and want

cars.. ok bad example. .Toyota makes cars because people need and want them... the

fact that they can turn a profit is great but they build cars because there is a market

for it, just like toothpaste and anything else that is a consumer good. People spend

money and other people create things for them to spend that money on.

Plus if you had any actual facts you'd know that GM although losing a ton of money

last year would have been a lot worse off if not for two things, first one the boatload

of money the made from their GM Capital arm.. and the second being the shitload

of money they made invested in the Forex markets.

Also, The Royal Bank of Canada last year made over a Billion dollars in profit and

as a shareholder reading the annual report you'd see that a few hundred million

of that was from currency trading...

Only a fool puts his money in a bank account and takes a lousy 5 or 6% a year

there are many well managed professionally run "higher" paying investments

out there... you just have do some looking..

J

OH WOW

Another poster backing Up my claims on high yeild investments.

1st trust deeds

Managed future and or Forex funds

High yeild real estate in upcoming markets and or Hot markets such as AZ,NV,UT and over-sea"s.

Sports betting/investing yes there are a few Top notch Touts whom are Very good and yeild on a yearly basis upwards of 20-30% returns.

Stein

Edited by mrstein
Only a fool puts his money in a bank account and takes a lousy 5 or 6% a year

there are many well managed professionally run "higher" paying investments

out there... you just have do some looking..

J

Such as older people who need to be absolutely sure their retirement funds are there. Hey, let's just put them in some high yielding stocks with a P/E ratio of around 30 to 1 and put some excitement into their lives.

Edited by jackcorbett
Such as older people who need to be absolutely sure their retirement funds are there. Hey, let's just put them in some high yielding stocks with a P/E ratio of around 30 to 1 and put some excitement into their lives.

I'm going to pretend you're not really that stupid and you're just making stupid comments to go for the shock value... there are plenty of solid GUARANTEED by banks and trust companies etc...investments that pay more than the crappy interest you get leaving your money sitting in a bank account.. Nobody least of all ME said to put anybody in a 'high yielding stock" but you continue to make your silly assumptions... and your 6%.

CVK

Wait a minute, guys.

No, one must not put all of one's money in 5% bank accounts. I have never said so. If one does that, inflation will eat you up over the long term.

What is wisest is to establish an asset allocation profile that is optimized for your particular tax situation. A niche of that asset allocation will be equities. A sub-niche of equities will be international equities. The AA breakdown you use will derive from your age and risk tolerance.

Not that anyone should care what my opinion on the matter is -- but if you do a search on various threads devoted to retiring in Pattaya, I have posted some of the more recent studies devoted to Safe Withdraw Rates and how they should be designed to safeguard against the risk of eroding your nestegg to zero before death. Those studies all involve equity exposure -- because inflation compels it.

As for the benevolence of Procter and Gamble's Board of Directors mandating that they make toothpaste because society needs it, I am confident that should an investment proposal be presented to them showing that they could make 27% per year guaranteed by devoting toothpaste resources to some alternative -- P&G would be out of the toothpaste business. And yet, they are still in the toothpaste business so apparently in their view no such guarantee of 27% per year exists.

If that seems cyclical to folks, then consider it from the perspective of the P&G shareholder. Why would he keep his money tied up in stodgy P&G when he can get 27% guaranteed elsewhere. He'd sell. All the shareholders would sell. And put their money into the guaranteed 27% alternative.

And yet, P&G stock has not collapsed. So I guess that selling didn't happen.

Edited by Owen`