Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first song that reminds me of LOS is 'Underneath Your Clothes' by Shakira, as on my 1st trip, my TG in Phuket used to sing the words (at least the ones she could pronounce) in my ear whenever they played it in her bar. Also I like 'Sexy, Naughty, Bitchy' by Tata Young, 'Numa Numa Dance' by Ozone, 'The Day You Went Away' by M2M, and a thai song called 'Do Re Me' (but I can't remember the singer's name); all songs I heard in various bars around Thailand.

Edited by vegaheart

`Take me to your heart' by MLTR, you can't spend a day in Pattaya without hearing it played in the bars at least a few times, more of a Pattaya anthem than `Hotel California' for the last year or so I think. Listen to the words and it could have been written about Patts.

"What's Love Got to Do With It?" by Tina Turner could very well be Pattaya's (un)official anthem. I can't help but think of Pattaya every time I hear it.

I always seem to hear the Black eyed peas, or Sugarbabes push the button or Blue All Rise, (That group of young pommies according to a BG have been one of the most succesfull acts in Thailand.) Their shows around Thailand sold out more than their UK shows did.

And certainly more than the Australian shows did, the only thing that is good about them is two of the band are Tottenham fans.

Another song is Crazy by Gnarls Barklay.

"Zombie" and "Pattaya Pattaya" are the two that everyone remembers most but the sexiest and most erotic song ever played at a GoGo bar has to be "Sadness part 1" by Enigma, I get horney just listening to that song as it reminds me of all those perfectly shaped naked girls eating the pussy out of each other.

i was in LOS in november 2006 and spent the previous 3 months compiling a soundtrack to thailand on my laptop. everyone a classic!!

the passenger -iggy pop

wonderful world - louis armstrong

ace of spades - motorhead

atomic - blondie

yeah- usher

i get the sweetest feeling - jackie wilson

whiskey in the jar - thin lizzie

loads more.. now every time i hear these classics at home i get a little pattaya memory in my head.

Does anybody know a song where is a refrain " Falling in love with Pattaya ". First time I heard it about 8 years ago in a corner of Soi post office and second road ( I think bar name is Bogeda or it is opposite of Bogeda ). It is a live performace bar dressed by ladyboys. It was played there many years running in a same show. I have not heard the song anywhere else. I wonder is there any board member who has been there and know the song.I do not miss it only becouse of the words and memorys, I miss it becouse of good melody too, it is a hit song. I think it is not an original song and in the original song there is a different words. But does anybody know the song i am talking about and how can I get it?

Gona

• 3 years later...
Does anybody know a song where is a refrain " Falling in love with Pattaya ".

yeah, it's just called Pattaya from this old bag :

getphotolg2.jpg

"

I long for the sun and sea

The beaches are calling me

The music is in the air

And laughter is everywhere

The fun is in Pattaya

The sun is in Pattaya

Stars above in Pattaya

You'll fall in love in Pattaya

When the city has got you down

I know a place just out of town

A wonderland of sand and sea

Come along and play with me

The fun is in Pattaya

The sun is in Pattaya

Stars above in Pattaya

Take a boat out to the islands

They're waiting just for you

A paradise with room enough for two

Take a boat out to the islands

Sing a happy song

Before you know your troubles go

And all the world will sing along

The fun is in Pattaya

The sun is in Pattaya

Stars above in Pattaya

When the sunset is sinking low

There's no better place to go

Wine and dine all night away

Everyday's a holiday

The fun is in Pattaya

The sun is in Pattaya

Stars above in Pattaya

(Music Solo)

Take a walk on moonlit beaches

Underneath the stars

Or take in all the nightclubs and the bars

Take a walk on moonlit beaches

A land of make-believe

And you can bet like all the rest

You won't ever want to leave....

The fun is in Pattaya

The sun is in Pattaya

Stars above in Pattaya

The fun is in Pattaya

The sun is in Pattaya

Stars above in Pattaya

The fun is in Pattaya

The sun is in Pattaya

Stars above in Pattaya

(chorus)

"

http://www.gugalyrics.com/KAMALA-SUKOSOL-P...A-LYRICS/345912

I think of Overkill & Use Your Head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJVM-IB5-o

& Jailbait by Motorhead

LY, never heard of that one!

I think of Pattaya when I hear Lady Gaga's Poker Face.

Specifically I think of Lolita's or Bliss Club and think, "poke her face, poke her face..." 2guns

"Forever Young" (pre Jay Z) Happy have been playing it for years, probably strikes a chord with most visitors. Also, "Lemon Tree" the bars played it constantly during my first trip.

"I Gotta Feeling" - Black Eyed Peas..... Mrs Cap heard it the day before yesterday at a bar here and said "Ahhhh PATTAYA!"

.. more good nights than bad nights without a doubt. I usually got a really good feeling ....wehey

Andy Cap

Beds are Burning early 90's by midnight oil.

Any MLTR tracks-Barbie Girl from the dutch group who's name I forget ?? Around 1998 Aqua ?? Britney Spears circa 98 with Hit Me baby one more time ?? That was like a national anthem in soi 8 !

All Rise by Blue and also Lemon tree some one else mentioned-Stop stop stop-Nu Virgos around 2004/5

Eminems "without you" reminds me of a girl from Sailor Bar who committed suicide in 2006 named tukta because of the total bullshit she received from a fellow Brit-if by any chance hes reading this I have your photo on an email she sent me-will not or ever forget

Say it Right by Nelly Furtado

Edited by Chivas