Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

not so cheap this year ?

Hi all ,its nearly time for me to come back to Pattaya for a few months ,but this year it seems that airline prices are much higher than last year,I know that taxes have gone up but there seems to be no special offers from the usual suspects.Am I being too cheap or is this in fact a sellers market ,even with all the talk of terrorist attacks and unrest in LOS.I am usualy inundated with special offers to fly at this time of year from Thai and EVA.I should add that I am in the uk and fly from Heathrow

Edited by sinbinjack

You are quite correct,especially regarding Thai there prices from here in the Pacific region to Bangkok,have increased by 20% and a total lack of deals available at the moment!

This to me is strange as the price of fuel (So often an excuse for increases) has in fact fallen over the past few weeks. :bigsmile: :chogdee2 :chogdee2

Thank Fcuk for that I thought I was getting even cheaper as a charlie ,its nice to know i'm no worse than I was before.but I am still miffed if I have to shell out more for my air fare,so will give it a couple of weeks before I book.

:banana

I fly from Manchester and been with Etihad twice in last year as they had good deals.

They aren't giving any at the mo, so I booked with Qatar in May for £380, fancied a change anyway.

Still plenty of time for offers to come through, just depends how long you are prepared to wait.

hi guys

Yes SIN you are right things here have gone up in price ,which is why i in my bar have pushed prices backwards with things like bar fines of 400 and 200 bt beer from 50 bt as with shots.

I look at things and while the world has steped up in prices we feel it more here.

Guys also if you want a cheap room or even to get picked up at the air port just let me know and i will do the best i can to help

alan

Hi all ,its nearly time for me to come back to Pattaya for a few months ,but this year it seems that airline prices are much higher than last year,I know that taxes have gone up but there seems to be no special offers from the usual suspects.Am I being too cheap or is this in fact a sellers market ,even with all the talk of terrorist attacks and unrest in LOS.I am usualy inundated with special offers to fly at this time of year from Thai and EVA.I should add that I am in the uk and fly from Heathrow
As you say the taxes are a part of it, the airlines can't discount those. For one the new BKK airport now incorporates the 700 baht departure charge into the ticket price. Also I think LHR must be one of the most expensive places to fly out of for charges and taxes. My one way mileage ticket MAN-LHR-BKK had charges and taxes of £150.
Just wait until you actually arrive.....the dollar is way down and prices all over Pattaya are UP. You're in for a shock I think!

Gee thanks for the info Mark,what a cheering thought,however the C&B is still the same price as last year,even after replacing R12's bed! :bigsmile: :banghead :bigsmile:

hi guys

Yes SIN you are right things here have gone up in price ,which is why i in my bar have pushed prices backwards with things like bar fines of 400 and 200 bt beer from 50 bt as with shots.

I look at things and while the world has steped up in prices we feel it more here.

Guys also if you want a cheap room or even to get picked up at the air port just let me know and i will do the best i can to help

alan

competing on price and service..good idea....

Edited by don_dadda

I buy my return ticket to australia in Pattaya three times a year. went up from 23,500 baht inc taxes 5 months ago with royal Brunei (usually the cheapest) to 27,500 with the same airline. ended up getting a cheap deal with malaysian for 23,700 for 60 day ticket.

As you say the taxes are a part of it, the airlines can't discount those. For one the new BKK airport now incorporates the 700 baht departure charge into the ticket price. Also I think LHR must be one of the most expensive places to fly out of for charges and taxes. My one way mileage ticket MAN-LHR-BKK had charges and taxes of £150.

Surely you're being charged twice if youre leaving Manchester and Heathrow ??

I agree prices have gone up, or at least the number of seat for the "cheap" tickets has come down.

I just booked a 670 euro ticket (incl. all taxes, surcharges etc) with THAI, departing Frankfurt (germany). THAI has 2 scheduled daily flights to and from Frankfurt. I think it's a good deal.

KLM also have 650 euro tickets (departing Amsterdam).

I think you can still get some good deals with China Airlines, EVA and Thai

sbj,

Unless you give some indication of what you paid last year and when you intend travelling it's unlikely any decent advice will be forthcoming.

Both Thai and EVA have current offers but without knowing what you're looking for its pretty much hit and miss.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm saving 90USD on my airfare compared to the same time last year (Songkran).

sbj,

Unless you give some indication of what you paid last year and when you intend travelling it's unlikely any decent advice will be forthcoming.

Both Thai and EVA have current offers but without knowing what you're looking for its pretty much hit and miss.

Hi tom I wasn't bothered about getting advice about cheap tickets (although I do say so myself, I can generally get the lowest fares available) I was just moaning about the lack of deals this year as opposed to previous years and wondered if anyone knew the reason.I particularly wanted to know why there were no deals as I have read about possible terrorist attacks ,and that sort of thing whilst not making any difference to me generally brings the deals out pronto.The increase in Taxes is just a bugger and has to be taken into consideration,but it does not account for all the price hikes IMHO.

Edited by sinbinjack

I am interested in cheap tickets, I have been trying to find a deal , but the cheapest tickets i can find in march or april is nearly £500, I only plan to come or about 9/10 days and my budget for the entire trip is about, £1000/1050.

I worked out my budget on the flight deals I got last year(when I had to cancel at the last minute) I paid £360 inc taxes, but it was abit later in the year, end of april I think.

If I can't get the price for less than £400 then my budget looks even more stretched.

I know some boardies will think my budget way too small, but I have just bought a bigger house and as it is my first trip I am gagging to get to LOS, but I have the advantage of not drinking or smoking, so may be able to get by on a bit less than most, but it looks to be less than 4000baht a day.

Hi tom I wasn't bothered about getting advice about cheap tickets (although I do say so myself, I can generally get the lowest fares available) I was just moaning about the lack of deals this year as opposed to previous years and wondered if anyone knew the reason.I particularly wanted to know why there were no deals as I have read about possible terrorist attacks ,and that sort of thing whilst not making any difference to me generally brings the deals out pronto.The increase in Taxes is just a bugger and has to be taken into consideration,but it does not account for all the price hikes IMHO.

sbj,

How much did you pay and when did you travel last year?

bigjl

Smoking and Drinking won't take your money, it's the girls :banghead

One major reason that flights are more expensive this year is that Gordon Brown whacked a chunk on tickets for UK guys, plus the Thai departure tax is now included in your ticket price and that is now 800 I believe.

Also some airlines introduced fuel surcharges last year and now the prices have fallen the airlines are suffering from insomnia.

My Eva flight was only £375, with £139 added for various charges.

Gee thanks for the info Mark,what a cheering thought,however the C&B is still the same price as last year,even after replacing R12's bed! :moon :bigsmile: :banghead

Oh Contraire!!!! I stayed 4 months in C&B in 2006 and paid 7500 a month. Now, in 2007 they are 22,000 a month for the exact same room. They just take te dialy rate (also up!) and multiply it by 30.

So, 7500 just one year ago to now 22,000.......has anyone's salary at home done that???

Hi Tom I got an EVA 6month open ended ticket non stop, and flew out april18th and home aughust 29th and paid just over £500 (503 I Think) but this year for a 10 week ticket I have only got it as low as £475 but that is with 1 stop, last year these tickets were about £360-£380 with 1 stop.

Edited by sinbinjack
Oh Contraire!!!! I stayed 4 months in C&B in 2006 and paid 7500 a month. Now, in 2007 they are 22,000 a month for the exact same room. They just take te dialy rate (also up!) and multiply it by 30.

So, 7500 just one year ago to now 22,000.......has anyone's salary at home done that???

I can only compare MY price from last Oct/Nov and have been quoted by Jeff the SAME price for the SAME room for my next stay in Jul/Aug,although it is more than your 7500 previous quote,it is MILES away from 22.000 on a monthly rate. Maybe as it is considered the low season has some bearing as I know he did increase his rates for the high season just on my last departure!

Just wait until you actually arrive.....the dollar is way down and prices all over Pattaya are UP. You're in for a shock I think!

I cant believe the increases within only 2 years.

When i first came to Pats 2 years ago the prices are as follows,compared to Febuary 2007

Australian Dollar/Thai Baht 30b,now 27b if your lucky.

Airfare,$700 AUD,now your lucky to find a fare under $1000AUD

Hotel {Areca Lodge} 990B now 1050B{still very cheap though}

Go Go B/F 400b {600b tops at Super Models} now 600b is the norm,and one place is asking ONE THOUSAND BAHT, its no Secret where thats happening.

Great to see Living Dolls 1 taking the initiative and lowering BF,smart guy that Aussie owner.

Beer Bar b/f 200b across the board,now many are asking 300/350b

Girls are also asking stupid prices in some places,but i guess if some dopes will pay, they will keep asking these prices.

Sadly the Thais and most Farang bar owners are shooting themselves in the foot,its no wonder more mongers are heading to the Phillipines.

Ned

I just managed to get a direct Eva Air flight, Heathrow to BKK on Travelbag for £470 all in. Leave 11th April back 9th May. Still same price as of today 14/03/2007.

I've just booked for may with Emirates, flying from Birmingham on 17th May for £508 including taxes. Considering that last October I flew from Manchester with Emirates for £493 including taxes, and the last UK budget added a departure tax, I would say I have got a decent price.

Prefer a break halfway to stretch my legs - hence why I fly with Emirates.

Emirates start flying from Newcastle later this year so I'll have 3 options for departure points, and will go for the cheapest of the 3.

• 2 weeks later...

Girls are also asking stupid prices in some places,but i guess if some dopes will pay, they will keep asking these prices.............................................They will keep getting it, not asking it.To label someone a dope for spending the money that they work and earn in a way they choose is indeed stupid. :D Things have changed and prices for "goods and services" have increased all over the world. Do you really think that Thailand should be the lone exception, just so you can get a piece of ass for two or three dollars? I never,never hear you or others label a guy a dope if he pays 500 baht more than you for a hotel room. I've yet to be asked a price in advance of an encounter, but i beleive that in the morning i have given the girls more than they expected.I sure hope so. Label me what you choose, your opinion means nothing to me. As long as bigdusa keeps coming to pattaya, the price structure is just fine....Joe. no offense Denny.