Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Big Horn Restaurant Review

Hi,

Let me first start with a disclaimer: This is my first restaurant review I have ever written. My opinions/standards /expectations are western and may be inappropriate when evaluating a restaurant in Thailand. For purposes of full disclosure I would state that I have no business interest in Thailand, and I am here merely as a tourist. In case I have major English language errors, I would apologize for them and inform the reader that English is not my Native language.

Web site: http://www.bighornsteakhouse.com/

My Experiance:

I have arrived to the restaurant around 15:00. The place was empty without any other customer. I have ordered Nachos, Diet Coke and the 300 Gr Tenderloin.

The Nachos were served with a small non interesting salad. The nachos them self were not as crispy as I had expected them to be but the salsa sauce was better then I had expected.

The tenderloin itself was neither the best nor the worst tenderloin I had the occasion to consume. It was served with a good pepper sauce, as well as potatoes, corn and pineapple (which I considered to be an interesting addition to the plate).

Regarding the restaurant:

The restaurant is decorated with a mix of Thai and western themes. They have a board listing people who ate their 1Kg. steak (one of the people there is listed to have consumed 1.7 Kg.). The background music was mellow English pop song played at appropriate volume. The toilet facilities in this establishment were clean but lacked toilet paper.

Regarding the service:

The waitress was fast and attentive (I guess being the only person in the restaurant has its' advantages). However another person there was ironing something (first time I see this in a restaurant).

For the entire meal I was charged 720 Baht.

I would appreciate any constructive criticism which would help me write better reviews next time.

Mark,

First off thank you for taking the time to post a review.

As I have not personally been to the establishment you reviewed, I cannot comment on the place itself, but as for your review it was concise and informative, please keep up the good work!!!

Gammon

Good review. A bit more descriptive of the taste of the steak would be helpful. Is it worth going out of your way for? Would you go back again?

Good review. A bit more descriptive of the taste of the steak would be helpful. Is it worth going out of your way for? Would you go back again?

The steak itself by my normal standards would be considered mediocre by best. Yet on this trip to LOS I did not find any steak that is much better here (I intend to try a few other and report later).

As I am new to Pattaya and I am here only for ten days, I don't expect I would return to most restaurants I audit (Including this restaurant). If I were here for a long time I would imagine that given that I do not know of a significantly better restaurant, and given the fact I enjoyed the music and the lack of noise from other sources. I would have been back just for the atmosphere.

Photos?

I'm afraid I did not bring my camera, but you can find a few photoes on the web site mentioned.

Could you include your thoughts on the wine list next time you visit a restaurant?

I visited the same place about a year ago and there was a very limited choice of red available and no cold white wine so I just turned tail and left.

When I go for seafood / Lobster I always check out the fridge first!!!

Could you include your thoughts on the wine list next time you visit a restaurant?

I visited the same place about a year ago and there was a very limited choice of red available and no cold white wine so I just turned tail and left.

When I go for seafood / Lobster I always check out the fridge first!!!

Ya, I'm always interested in the wine list. If the joint doesn't serve Ripple, Mad Dog 20-20 or Thunderbird, I'm outta there. I prefer it served warm and wrapped in a brown paper bag. :clueless

"They have a board listing people who ate their 1Kg. steak (one of the people there is listed to have consumed 1.7 Kg.). " :wacko:

A board for a 1kg Steak ????????? We put that in a sandwhich over here :ahhgg:

• 3 weeks later...

"If the joint doesn't serve Ripple, Mad Dog 20-20 or Thunderbird, I'm outta there. I prefer it served warm and wrapped in a brown paper bag. "

Ahhh BigD! A man after my own taste in wine!

I know my GPA would have been at least a half-point higher my freshman year in college if I had never heard of that stuff! :bigsmile:

-------------------------------------

I've eaten at Big Horn a few times in the last year and it's not bad overall.

Reasonably priced faux falang food served in a nice environment.

They have a thai guy who plays the keyboard and sings so softly you would swear it was elevator music!

The sauces made an otherwise average selection quite good IMO.

The triple sampler of chicken, pork and beef was very good from my experience.

I'll eat there again when I'm in the mood for western food.

~Sa-teef

• 2 weeks later...

we dined here twice on our last trip - steak was lovely in our opinion - much better than we had expected, as Thai staeaks don't seem to be "good" on a general basis. Have to agree that the nachos were a bit soggy, but otherwise food was good and served quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

dined there myself

had 300g with chips (french fries to yanks reading this) and sauce bernais

sauce was great steak was just ok but not great value smallish bit of meat for a growing boy and i laughed when the side order of chips arrived so much i had to get another order

small tip - dont ever try and serve an irishman less than 12 chips on a plate and tell him its his dinner

was expensive for pattaya - didn't seem to be a big crowd in TG didn't like the place thai food no good she said

Ya, I'm always interested in the wine list. If the joint doesn't serve Ripple, Mad Dog 20-20 or Thunderbird, I'm outta there. I prefer it served warm and wrapped in a brown paper bag. :bigsmile:

Yep...I spent years drinking Saysap degree.....but at least I seem to have a brain cell left!! :D