Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I have been a regular at sabai Lodge for several years, so I was slightly surprised when I got this mail:

--------------------------------------------

Dear sir,

Hello form Care ( Ex manager at sabai lodge Hotel Pattaya)

Nowaday I worked as General Manager at The beach garden resort.

Located at Pattaya naklua road soi 20.

I would like to offer special discount for hotel room rate and our services.

Please visit www. thaigolfcare.com

Our service is Hotel booking inbound and Golf services.

I hope to service you again.

----------------------------------------

Now, either the Sabai group has take over a new hotel or Care (whom I have never met or talked to) decided to help herself to some costumer info on her way out the door.

Anyway, the place is a bit out of the way for me, but the special rate is 850 bath/night. Pictures look okay.

Has anybody been there?

Curly

Can you tell me where you found the special rate, as the only pricing I coiuld find was more expensive than the 850 baht that you quote.

Standard

01/10/2006 - 30/04/2007 THB 1,350 per Night

01/05/2007 - 30/09/2007 THB 1,150 per Night

Edited by Skygod
I have been a regular at sabai Lodge for several years, so I was slightly surprised when I got this mail:

--------------------------------------------

Dear sir,

Hello form Care ( Ex manager at sabai lodge Hotel Pattaya)

Nowaday I worked as General Manager at The beach garden resort.

Located at Pattaya naklua road soi 20.

I would like to offer special discount for hotel room rate and our services.

Please visit www. thaigolfcare.com

Our service is Hotel booking inbound and Golf services.

I hope to service you again.

----------------------------------------

Now, either the Sabai group has take over a new hotel or Care (whom I have never met or talked to) decided to help herself to some costumer info on her way out the door.

Anyway, the place is a bit out of the way for me, but the special rate is 850 bath/night. Pictures look okay.

Has anybody been there?

Curly

Write to the Sabai Lodge and tell them what one of their ex staff is up to and maybe they will be very grateful and give you a nice discount. :allright

Write to the Sabai Lodge and tell them what one of their ex staff is up to and maybe they will be very grateful and give you a nice discount

Hi,

Might be safer to stay out of it.

The special price 850 bath for deluxe room came in a separate file. I have tried to copy it but monkeys have better computer skills than me. And I dont have a monkey around for the moment.

Anyway, says you have to call for a reservation : 038-371200-4.

I have already booked at Sabai Lodge next month and dont plan to say anything. Judging from the latest reviews the place is going downhill anyway.......

Hi Curly,

I too have stayed regularly at Sabai Lodge and am booked in for next month (see you there!)

I have always been looked after by Care, wondered why I have dealt with someone else this time "KED"

I love the Ruen Thai Bungalows with pool at your front door, great for our young daughter.

They've always been OK with me.

Not had a mail from Care yet, but I love the location of Sabai Lodge on the Baht Bus route and halfway between the beach and the Soi2 bars. (met my wife in Soi2 seven years ago - so have roots there!).

Big C (and Classroom go-go) is handy too!

Looks like Care is trying to steal customers to me, special rate to her contacts.

Care was manager for all Sabai hotels (i.e. Resort, Lodge, Inn)

Never had a problem with staff, always leave 20 BHT on pillow when leaving the room and get good/helpfull service.

I remembered this from last September on another board.

Guys hopefully no 1 wil have any objections to me posting these details.

Care who was a former employee and dealt with reservations at Sabai Lodge has started a new venture dealing with Golf.

Here are the details.

For myself will make a tour company to provides :

Hotel Booking, Golf Package, Transportations, and cooking course.

My company name : " Thai Golf Care Service "

website will comming soon : www.thaigolfcare.com

e-mail address : info@thaigolfcare.com

Write to the Sabai Lodge and tell them what one of their ex staff is up to and maybe they will be very grateful and give you a nice discount. :gulp

Oh thats really nice.Grass on someone and get them in trouble in the hope that you may get a couple of quid discount <grin

met Care a few times at Sabai lodge , always looked after us well !

However since she left SL has really gone down in all departments & prices are going up .

Was there in Jan but wont be going back !

C & L

Hi Curly,

I too have stayed regularly at Sabai Lodge and am booked in for next month (see you there!)

Looks like here will be a few BMs there then...I have 3 rooms booked in Sabai Wing in April..We will be easy to spot.... a fat 50 yr old Bullfrog with the most beautifull woman in the world on my arm, 3 Thai children, my 2 twenty year old Farang sons and my 85year old Mother :unsure:

It was KED that handled my email booking.....

BTW the bars at soi 2 and 3 are also my favourite......but a trip to FLB is a must of course!!!

You may have put a smilie in your post but something tells me that it was no joke.

More people with psychic abilities. It was I am telling you now. OK.

Edited by Cennn3
You may have put a smilie in your post but something tells me that it was no joke.

If the poster says the remark was meant as a joke I think you just gotta accept it and move on. Theres no no point on going on about it. What can you do? Just my 2 bahts worth.

As for Care I wish her well, she looked after my Sabai bookings very well. Helpful, good internet price,quick to reply and would try to get rooms for "old custumer"

The Sabai Lodge, I feel, needs serious money spent on a refurbishment. The rooms are now tired.

They may be quite generous with their internet prices, but they are such a tight, money grabbing hotel, but as they do it soo well with a smile it can be hard to notice!! For example....

A friend of mine lived there for 2 weeks short of a year. In month 11, he broke a drinking glass in the room. The hotel tried to bill him for a glass!!

Another friend and I checked out after paying our bill. Almost 60,000Tbht for both of us. On the way to the airport the taxi drivers mobile rang, driver asks us who stayed in room no whatever. They had omitted to include a can of Fanta orange drank from the mini bar, and asked us to give the driver 40 or 60 Tbht!!!

I had stayed there 8 times in the previous 2 years and thay ring me for the price of tin of pop!!

I laugh about it now, but at the time I thought fuck!!! you are joking me!! but then I remember that this is Thailand!!

Regards to all.

If the poster says the remark was meant as a joke I think you just gotta accept it and move on. Theres no no point on going on about it. What can you do? Just my 2 bahts worth.

I have finished replying to Cenn,and i have forgotton about it.If he says it was a joke,then it was a joke.My one reply was to his quote "please go get a sence of humor"

Maybe i just didn't see anything funny in it because i have a deep loathing of anyone who steps on or fucks over (grasses) other people just for self gain.

• 3 weeks later...
I have finished replying to Cenn,and i have forgotton about it.If he says it was a joke,then it was a joke.My one reply was to his quote "please go get a sence of humor"

Maybe i just didn't see anything funny in it because i have a deep loathing of anyone who steps on or fucks over (grasses) other people just for self gain.

You are not the first to notice this :D