Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hotels in the heart of the action

Going in November to Pattaya, but here's my question...looking for a nice hotel within walking distance of the main action strip. Ideally would like a place with nice rooms and no additional charges for any quests I might bring back to my room. Really don't want to spend more than 1000bht a nite. Will be there for 7days. Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks

On soi 8 I've stayed at the Flipper Lodge a few times and like it. Flipper house on soi 7 is another good hotel. Pig & Whistle between soi 7 & 8 has good rooms and good pub grub.

Cheaper place to stay and good value for the money is Sky-Top on 2nd Road around the corner from soi 6. Tropical Bert's on soi6/1 is another cheap guest house thats good value for the money and has good pub grub also..

All the above have no joiner fees and are within your budget. Plus they are in the 'heart of all the action' you can handle. :D

...looking for a nice hotel within walking distance of the main action strip......don't want to spend more than 1000bht a nite.

That would have to be The Diamond Beach Hotel. Smack-dab in the middle of the Walking Street circus.

http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/pattaya/diamondbeachhotel/

I know nothing about this hotel other than its location. Maybe some other board members can offer their opinions.

...Pig & Whistle between soi 7 & 8 has good rooms and good pub grub...

Yep. I stayed there during Songkran last year and had a BLAST! Talk about being right in the middle of the action!

I've stayed at Diamond Beach Hotel many times. I much prefer the new Jasmine Hotel on Soi BJ, rooms are smaller but much cleaner. Usually stay at the Diamond because I can park my motorcycle in the parking lot underneath the hotel. My biggest complaint is that most of the rooms have roaches. Cost is 850/night and breakfast is no longer included.

Great location, have taken many there from SuperBaby AGoGo

Hi

Thanks for the info, but would prefer a place with no roach....LOL :bow

Hi Twomp

From your post I was not sure if you had been to Pattaya before... but assuming you have not....

Where to stay REALLY DOES NOT MATTER! (As long as you are between Soi 2 and Walking Street)

Baht buses run up and down the streets constantly. You will probably be going to the different spots anyway. Some people like to stay near Soi 13 since that is a central location.

Read the reviews and find a place in your price range. You will have a great time!

I hope that helps.

Sunshine soi 8

bella vista soi 7 both right in the middle of the action and within your price range.If pushed i would choose sunshine.

Can you get a good room at the Sunshine for 1,000 Baht or less? I wouldn't stay in the old hotel wing, but the newer "residence wing" is OK.

Can you get a good room at the Sunshine for 1,000 Baht or less? I wouldn't stay in the old hotel wing, but the newer "residence wing" is OK.

Im staying there june stay 14 nights pay for 12 think it works out about 700 baht a night,dont know about high season. It is not the new wing though.

www.hotels2thailand.com/pattaya-hotels/sunshine-hotel.asp

Im staying there june stay 14 nights pay for 12 think it works out about 700 baht a night,dont know about high season. It is not the new wing though.

www.hotels2thailand.com/pattaya-hotels/sunshine-hotel.asp

I booked there about 4 years back. They put me in the old wing which had just undergone renovation. The room was small and the bathroom was designed where when you took a shower the entire bathroom would get soaked. I checked out about 1 hour later and moved next door to the Eastiny Place.

My biggest complaint is that most of the rooms have roaches. Cost is 850/night and breakfast is no longer included.

I don't give a crap if the room is Free AND comes with a BG, roaches are a deal-breaker for me. At 850/night WITHOUT breakfast, it's not a great deal (unless your BG is from Issan then you don't have to take her out to breakfast).

I stayed at Eastiny Place on Soi 8 first three times, which is heart of the action but learnt that pulling different birds on differnt nights from Soi 8 was sometimes a problem as had to walk past the previous nights love. Then did 4 stays at Areca Lodge, Soi Diana and now moved over teh road to LK Metropole. Top area and everything you will need within 5 mins. My recommendation is Soi Diana area

I stayed at Eastiny Place on Soi 8 first three times, which is heart of the action but learnt that pulling different birds on differnt nights from Soi 8 was sometimes a problem as had to walk past the previous nights love. Then did 4 stays at Areca Lodge, Soi Diana and now moved over teh road to LK Metropole. Top area and everything you will need within 5 mins. My recommendation is Soi Diana area

I think you are very wise in choosing Soi Diana area. beefeater restaruant, pharmacy and 7-11 all very close. beer bars and go-go on site. sweeeeeet. Short walk to 2nd road and 10 baht ride to soi 2 (my fave), or cut through Mike's shopping mall and 10 baht to Walking street.

Have you tried any of the other hotels on Soi Diana and nearby? This is my favorite place, too.

Jasmine on Soi BJ is tops. Nice staff, ok food. extremely close to walking st. I could get from my room to FLB in about 3 minutes

Stayed there last time. My only gripe about the Jasmine is having to walk a little bit to get on a baht bus going north. No big deal really.

Skytop on 2nd Road is a small guesthouse/internet cafe that has become more popular over the past 3 years after change of ownership. More repeat customers are on the books and since it moved into the old offices of the Tourist Police and was renovated it is quite good. The prices are mixed with 3 different size rooms and the prices range from B450 to B700 and there is a small room for B400 that is only fan cooled, but popular with people holidaying on a budget. With the low season starting on the 1May, room prices can be discounted, all you have to do is ask. On top of that, guests will be given free access to the internet once a day, so you can use it for 10minutes or all day if you wish. Also on offer which is handy for guests is in-house laundry and overseas call facilities have been installed. On top of that there are motorbikes for rent BUT you must have an international or Thai drivers licence for bikes (insurance requirements). Location is great as it is only a 2 minute walk to Sexy Soi 6 and 10 minutes to the shopping centre. You want to go to walking street, all you do is stand on the foothpath and await a Song kew that will take you directly to the action down town. What I like about it mostly is that the owner is very approachable and will attend to your complaints very quickly and if the problem cannot be addressed that day he will move you into another room even if the room is more costly there is no extra cost. Also there is a complaints book on the front desk.

For a first time visitor, I defintely recommend somewhere between Beach Rd. and 2nd, anywhere from Soi 7 to South Pattaya Rd. The Walking St. area would be a close second. Eastiny, Flipper, AA Residence are what first come to mind in this area. Check the hotel review section for specifics.

• 6 months later...
That would have to be The Diamond Beach Hotel. Smack-dab in the middle of the Walking Street circus.

I know nothing about this hotel other than its location. Maybe some other board members can offer their opinions.

I would avoid this hotel even if the room is for free. I gave it a terrible review in the review section. I stayed there during 5 trips to Pattaya. Last stay was in July 2006 so I don't think if has been refurbished since then.

I could see the rooms deteriorate with time, the bathrooms are filthy, cockroaches all over the place, carpet has stains all over it, airconditioning not working all the time, phone calls at all hours from crazy bar girls ( I would think these were intended for previous occupants), the bed sheets are not always clean, etc. I think you get the picture.

I personally would recommend that a first timer should stay in the soi 7-8 or soi 13 area ,both right in the thick of it but central so you can get where you want quite easily.I recomend The flippers (either soi 7-8) and the LEK on soi 13.have stayed in them and been satisfied.

Edited by sinbinjack

Why not stay at the good ol' White Inn Hotel.

Im gonna be staying there for my second time next week for a couple of weeks :banana

Its not luxury but it has everything you need and there is no "Service Charge" ...

Details below:

White Inn Hotel

Pattaya 2nd Road (on the corner of Soi 14)

Its located a stones throw away from Walking Street and its only around 400-500 baht a night

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Galaxy suites...I took a peak at them my last visit,

a little on the small side,but very nice...and right smack in the middle of walking street.

Galaxy is better used as a ST place.

Why not stay at the good ol' White Inn Hotel.

Im gonna be staying there for my second time next week for a couple of weeks :chogdee2

Its not luxury but it has everything you need and there is no "Service Charge" ...

Details below:

White Inn Hotel

Pattaya 2nd Road (on the corner of Soi 14)

Its located a stones throw away from Walking Street and its only around 400-500 baht a night

Do they have a website or an email address? Thanks.