Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Filipino Food/Restaurants

Following my bringing a nice Filipina girl to Thailand I find that my biggest problem with her is finding some appropriate food for her. Anyone know of a Filipino Restaurant or someplace that specializes in Filipino food? I'm having a hard time keeping her weight up with just Pringles and chocolate milk.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Don,

How do you know that you didn't see any? I was walking in Tesco today and my GF heard some people talking in Tagalog. Looked like any Thai. But if you don't know the language, it would be very difficult to tell a Filipina from a Thai.

Cheers

Don,

How do you know that you didn't see any? I was walking in Tesco today and my GF heard some people talking in Tagalog. Looked like any Thai. But if you don't know the language, it would be very difficult to tell a Filipina from a Thai.

Cheers

My ex was Filipina and Im surrounded by them so I know what they look like. I know a little tagalog as well. Not saying there arent any just saying I didnt see any

I don't know of any Filipino restaurants, although there are a number of Filipino English teachers here so it would not surprise me if are one or two.

But those Korean BBQ places they have in the Fil's as well, just slightly different sauces (no bagoong). I reckon that would be a reasonable safe choice, for only 99bht.

I hate to answer my own question but I have discovered that Cafe New Orleans has a Filipino menu. Turns out that the cook and 4 servers are Filipinos. Haven't tried them yet so I don't know what the food is like but maybe will do a take out tonight.

Cheers

Following my bringing a nice Filipina girl to Thailand I find that my biggest problem with her is finding some appropriate food for her. Anyone know of a Filipino Restaurant or someplace that specializes in Filipino food? I'm having a hard time keeping her weight up with just Pringles and chocolate milk.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Um, I would try and convert your wife to eating some Thai food, not only does it taste 100 times better, but it's a damm sight more healthier than Filipino food. in Philippines, if it ain't deep fat fried, then it's had the taste boiled out of it, or just plain sweet as hell from all the sugar.

If you do find a proper Filipino restaurant, please tell, as I would like to avoid it like the plaugue. :cry2 ... sorry having lived there ... i am definitly not a Filipino food lover :hairout

Hi Ruskiehat,

I agree with you 100%. I'm not a big fan of Filipino food by a long shot but this young lady is really young (but legal) and hasn't had too much experience in living away from home. Her parents house has no electricity and the way they keep from getting sick is by cooking the hell out of everything at a high (boiled in oil ) type temperature until it's literally cooked to death. I tried to give her some nice poached salmon, for example, and while it was fine for me, she had to go back and fry it until it was brown! But now that she's been here for a few weeks, she is beginning to get accustomed to the food possibilities here. Thank God!

BTW, had a couple of items on the Cafe New Orleans Filipino menu last night. She pronounced them "Different from the Provence" and didn't eat much. Oh well, anouther experiment down the drain!

Cheers

Mike, why not send each girlfriend to a cooking school so they can learn to cook for each other.....You'll have a thai preparing Filipino dished and a Filipino preparing Thai dishes.

Let me knwo when you are ready to tour cambodia and Indonesia with me. Your life might really get exciting, and think of all the culinary possibilities!

Mark

Irishman

Last November there was a filipino resturant located in Pattayaland2? (the one with Penthouse on).It is on the opposite side to PH and immediately next door to "Cheers Bar"

Guest Fatboyfat
Love to find a good Indonesian restaurant in Pattaya, really like indonesian food

Ditto.

Sadly the concept seemed to die along with its only Pattaya exponent that I knew of , Dolf Riks. :ang2

• 5 years later...

Hello guys (well, mostly guys here),

Have you found out yet where you/your Filipino girls can get filipino food? There are now a few places where they get their supplies for cooking and eating pinoy food. There is a place called EAST CAFE on Sukhumvit Soi 89 go inside the Soi, the cafe is after Tesco Lotus Express shop on the left hand side. This cafe is open 6 days/week except on Tuesdays.

By the way, there are a lot of filipino people in and around Pattaya, yes, mostly in Teaching capacity and musicians....any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, By the way, I'm a filipina too.

Regards,

NBS

• Upvote 1
  • 8 months later...

There are at least a half dozen Filipino bands playing various bars on Walking Street. Try asking them where they go to eat and where they buy their supplies if they cook at home.

There are at least a half dozen Filipino bands playing various bars on Walking Street. Try asking them where they go to eat and where they buy their supplies if they cook at home.

Many that I know eat at Nena's kitchen.