Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pig & Whistle/ Flipper lodge

Traveling to Pattaya in November, Anyone have comments on these places. Want a nice clean room that's guest frienldy/located close to main action area/with any amenities such, room safe, frig, shower, etc.., Thanks

I didnt know there was a hotel there... but I have eaten at Pig & Whistle many times, and I give it a huge 2 thumbs up. Some of the best food I have had just about anywhere...

Frosty

I was in Pattaya in January with 5 mates who all stayed in the Pig & Whistle and everyone relocated before they left for home. There were numerous reasons why and an attitude from the managerand or owner that left a bit to be desired.

It has a good reputaion for it's food though.

I know nothing of the Flipper

i have stayed at flipper. Rooms are cheap and shabby. I had one BG who said "my room better". A/C is weak and rooms are small a very plain. Staff at flipper was nice and lobby is decent.

If you want to be in that area, Try eastiny inn. They have a very nice lobby and the pictures of the rooms looked good. Do a search and see if you can find and reviews of eastiny. If you look up flipper you should see a split decison. Many guys like it becuase you can get rooms there for 700 baht. The rest of us don't becuase we would rather pay 1000-1200 baht a get a bigger room with better bed etc.

flipper lodge is much better than flipper house.

dont get them confused.

eastiny is supposed to be nice.

i am staying at flip lodge again. friendly, great security but only have secure boxes at reception.

love that area..

Hi,

I agree with frostfire that the Pig is a fine establishment for food but have not tried the rooms. I like the Flipper Lodge, good security there and a nice pool on the roof where you can watch the sun go down. Never had a shabby room or dodgy A/C at Lodge, maybe it's because I look such a Gentleman, :bigsmile: that I'm offered a good room, and a short baht bus trip to Walking St.

Flipper Lodge is fine , No in room safe but beds are big and security seems good but as i have long time TG she collects key if i am not there , I think the price will be around 1000 bht a night in November.

I agree with the food comments about the Pig & Whistle ,but never stayed there.

I have stayed at the Pig and Whistle on my last 3 visits and I plan to stay again in June, food is magic, the rooms clean and comfortable, and I cant believe Conley what he said about the management, I have talked, golfed and drank with them all and found them very friendly towards customers, staff also very warm towards residents, I like to get room 19, 2nd floor, at the back and very quiet, even though your right in the heart of the action.

Flipper Lodge I found the rooms tired, plain, lumpy beds and no room safe. Good points are nice pool, close to alternative Soi 7/8 action and only short ride to Walking St. I paid @1000bht in March - think you can get better for the price.

Pig & Whistle - as above,heard bad reports about rooms but food is fantastic but not cheap compared to some others restaurants - big breakfast 150bht plus tea plus tip - 200bht, can be had for 95bht plus tip at Canterbury Tales close to soi diana inn.

i can give u first hand knowledge of pig and whistle after staying there in jan...well really dint stay there i was in the room for about hour till i checked out...no water really at all in the shower ac dint work at all the whole thing was out and was offered anything for it being broke....

so my first night in pattaya i had to walked around 2 hours till i found a room.....

the rooms though at pig and whistle and the bathrooms are just horrible.....

its cheap but u can spend the same or about 100 to 200 baht and get so much better.....

i moved to eastiny on soi 7 cross the street and the rooms were great....bathrooms with showers that dont get your whole bathroom wet and better beds and ac that worked....

also sabai inn on soi 2 is great....rooms are huge and really big beds and always have been great ac and service is top notch..... easy baht bus down to soi 7 and 8 or walking st.......

:bigsmile:

I personally found the Flipper House fine, rooms o.k. and very nice rooftop swimmimg pool. Older wing has been renovated so may be worth checking out.

I had a look around Eastiny Inn, in room safes but I thought the furniture was pretty cheap looking and several rooms already had cracks in walls, despite not being open long-great location though and o.k. swimming pool,though not sure how much sun it would get.

Flipper house down soy 7 if thats the one you are talking about . . i have stayed there very good , safe , girl friendly , they will not let them in with out I D . and they keep the card till morning. good for you then any problem they can check the girl out for you , ie stolen , or not got I d . as for the pig and whistle very good have eaten there . good english food if you are into that i prefare thia . but you can get sunday, roast fish chips the usual, have a good time

have you tried P J inn just round the corner from flipper house turn left of soy 7, to the lights turn right , down cental pattaya road, then about 4 soys down 7/11 on the corner turn left into soy 12, 1oo meters /yds on the right , girl friendly cleen and two minits from soy 6/7/8 moto biyke taxi outside hotel 7/11 across the road , about 8000 baht per month 10000 with tele no point in telly because only get bbc news and quite no banging noise

Edited by friendlyric6411