Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I stayed here for my last trip, it’s on Soi Bukhaow, towards the Pattaya Klang end - as you come from Pattaya Klang down Soi Bukhaow the Soi jinks right and left. Stop, it’s right on that corner, a 7 story cream and green building on your left.

It’s a condo rental rather than a hotel, so you don’t get the daily room service but you get more privacy and a cheaper price. It’s a trade off that you have to decide on for yourself.

Firstly a warning; although I’d booked in person 3 months before, paid a deposit and made email contact a week before my trip, “no have loom” when I got there. I feel that it was a genuine error, not them trying it on and they did get me a loom within 15 minutes - although it was 2,000 Baht more expensive (for the month) it was larger and IMO worth the difference. They keep a ledger (yes, an actual paper ledger!) with a page for each loom and, although my deposit receipt had the loom number on it, it hadn’t been entered on the ledger - at least not on the correct page, they showed it to me.

The place has swipe card security - you need it to get to the lifts, into the room, and to turn the electricity on (and it has to be that card for the electricity, not just any card).

My loom had 2 single beds pushed together but that didn’t bother me, if it bothers you ask - they have various sizes, room layouts and prices, up to 2 bed suites. The toilet and shower were in the same cubicle so you could shower sitting down if you wanted :bigsmile: but you couldn’t keep towels or paper dry in there.

The furniture (including the beds) was all solid wood and everything was in almost new condition - the place had been refurbished not long before. Good aircon, small fridge, in room safe, no cooking facilities, small balcony, plenty storage.

Oh, yes, price.

13,990 loom - the one I booked was 11,990.

2,700 electricity and water (paid on leaving) and that was with the aircon on all night, every night and sometimes during the day as well.

1,400 for cleaning and towel/bedding changes - the rental includes cleaning once a week but NOT clean towels or bedding, EVER. You have to pay extra for that.

And I’ve forgotten something because it added up to 18,772 baht in total for 4 weeks.

Acceptable I thought.

rconresidence01jz3.jpg

rconresidence02ea4.jpg

rconresidence03fp5.jpg

rconresidence04ay3.jpg

rconresidence05gh5.jpg

rconresidence06qn8.jpg

rconresidence07hn6.jpg

There isn’t a website, email is R-con_serviceresidence@hotmail.com and phone 098324439.

Would I stay there again. No, I missed having a pool. Apart from that, yes, without hesitation.

Hi BB!

I walked by a few times earlier this year and saw this big banner hanging outside, saying rooms for I think 9000 baht a month, but when I inquired inside they only had 5 rooms at that price and they were all occupied.

They told me that the rooms were as you said 13990 a month which was a little bit higher than I was looking for, but the free Internet connections in the rooms were not working, they told me that they will fix it later!

I just wonder did the Internet connection work when you stayed there?

Although rooms look OK on your pictures, I think that 2700 baht for el. and water for 4 weeks sounds a little bit steep though!

I payed 1500 baht for electric at (Tycoon Place) for a full month stay with use of my computer several hours a day, and no extra charge for cleaning every day and linnen change 2-3 times a week!

I'll keep R-Con Residence in mind though as an extra place to choose if I can't find another room!

Thanks for the info and pictures really appreciate it!

Plahgat

Re; internet. Dunno, I don't have a laptop. Sorry.

As to electricity & water, water was minimal under 200Baht as I recall. As I used a LOT of aircon, I didn't argue with the total.

• 2 weeks later...

Brian,

it's not acceptable. They charge 9 baht/unit for juice at R-Con, that's three times the electricity company charges them. Neither acceptable is the price for towels and bedding, for 1,400 a month you can purchase them brand new every week at Big C. Laundry would be perhaps 200 baht in a month.

Was in R-Con a couple of weeks ago, the banner said 'promotion 9,990 baht / month'. Small rooms, not especially beautiful, and utilities/services far too expensive. Non smoker rooms only, BTW.

Hi BB!

I payed 1500 baht for electric at (Tycoon Place) for a full month stay with use of my computer several hours a day, and no extra charge for cleaning every day and linnen change 2-3 times a week!

I'll keep R-Con Residence in mind though as an extra place to choose if I can't find another room!

Thanks for the info and pictures really appreciate it!

Plahgat

Used your Lap Top several hours a day............nothing better to do eh :thumbup

Brian,

it's not acceptable. They charge 9 baht/unit for juice at R-Con, that's three times the electricity company charges them. Neither acceptable is the price for towels and bedding, for 1,400 a month you can purchase them brand new every week at Big C. Laundry would be perhaps 200 baht in a month.

Was in R-Con a couple of weeks ago, the banner said 'promotion 9,990 baht / month'. Small rooms, not especially beautiful, and utilities/services far too expensive. Non smoker rooms only, BTW.

Hey, I did the report, I don't own the place. Apart from the lack of a pool I'd use it again, but no place suits everyone.

I look forward to your report on wherever you choose to stay.

Been living there for years, that leaves condominiums only to choose from. Prefer it quiet, therefore far out in Jomtien. Soi Buakaow would be living hell for me, though whatever you need, it's cheap there. Have you seen this gagster?

http://www.thompsonresorts.com/

quoted from his webpage..."Thompson House Hotel and Service Apartment centrally located on south Pattaya 22 road (soi Buakao) which is surrounded by sea and mountains. Just a few minutes from every direction you will find many of Pattaya's tourist attractions."

Soi Buakaow which is surrounded by sea and mountains. Yeah.

• 3 weeks later...
Been living there for years, that leaves condominiums only to choose from. Prefer it quiet, therefore far out in Jomtien. Soi Buakaow would be living hell for me, though whatever you need, it's cheap there. Have you seen this gagster?

http://www.thompsonresorts.com/

quoted from his webpage..."Thompson House Hotel and Service Apartment centrally located on south Pattaya 22 road (soi Buakao) which is surrounded by sea and mountains. Just a few minutes from every direction you will find many of Pattaya's tourist attractions."

Soi Buakaow which is surrounded by sea and mountains. Yeah.

Website is here; http://www.hotpge.com/thompsonhouse/index.html ......if you're interested.

Just looked at that Thompson website and they only charge 8000 baht for a month including electric and water and free Internet, sounds like a good deal!

Anyone stayed in this place and exactly were on Soi Bua Khao is it situated?

Plahgat

Just looked at that Thompson website and they only charge 8000 baht for a month including electric and water and free Internet, sounds like a good deal!

Anyone stayed in this place and exactly were on Soi Bua Khao is it situated?

Plahgat

A friend of mine is staying there at the moment,he's 3 weeks into a 6 week stay and has stayed there before.The rates are as posted but be aware that you have to bargain over the elect charges,they quote you 15 bht per unit however he reduced it to 8 without much problem.

He maintains that for the money it's just O.K. and linen/cleaning services are not to reliable,BTW it's Indian owned! <grin :finger :banana As far as I can recall it is situated towards the Tai end of Soi Buckoa not far from where the old "Paradise" GoGo was! I have just noticed that they say includes elect. but would advise checking this.

Edited by stevoman

ROOMS TARIFF-DAILY

STANDARD 600 BAHT -DAILY - ABF

DELUXE 800 BAHT-DAILY - ABF

MONTLY ROOM TARIFF

STANDARD 10,500 BAHT + ABF

STANDARD 8,000 BAHT + NO ABF

DELUXE 15,000 BAHT + ABF

DELUXE 12,500 BAHT + NO ABF

Monthly Room rate included with Electric, Water, Two times room cleaning per week.

Why did your friend have to negotiate the price of the electricity if it states it is already inclusive?

ROOMS TARIFF-DAILY

STANDARD 600 BAHT -DAILY - ABF

DELUXE 800 BAHT-DAILY - ABF

MONTLY ROOM TARIFF

STANDARD 10,500 BAHT + ABF

STANDARD 8,000 BAHT + NO ABF

DELUXE 15,000 BAHT + ABF

DELUXE 12,500 BAHT + NO ABF

Monthly Room rate included with Electric, Water, Two times room cleaning per week.

Why did your friend have to negotiate the price of the electricity if it states it is already inclusive?

I will enquire upon his return later this month!However if you note I did state that the web-site stated includes elect etc and only advised a check be made.Sorry if you missed this bit! :lol:

Goodness me, you have large teeth. Actually, I did notice it after I'd already posted. Couldn't be bothered to edit the post.

Edited by valentinoxxx
  • 3 months later...

Ok i think Stevoman was referring to me. He is correct I did negotiate a rate for the elec. The reason for this is that the standard room doesn't have a window so I didnt fancy that. The deluxe room (which is only a little bigger and with a balcony). The website quoted 12500bht per month which I enquired about. The owner advised me of this or as a return customer i could have it at 7500bht for the month but i would have to pay elec extra. He started at 15bht a unit and we finally settled on 8bht a unit (i know still too high). This still resulted in an overall saving of approx 2500bht.

Hope this explains itself Valentinoxxx.