Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi,

Recently booked to stay in Areca Lodge for 20 nights as I wanted to stay in a different part of Pattaya and the reviews of the Areca on this board made me select the Areca over my usual, the Sabai Lodge. What a mistake. The Areca is probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I checked out after 4 nights!!

Everything is a drama, no hot water for first 18 hours, sign for towels, collect vouchers for breakfast. no pool parasols after about 1100, aggressive security at night to ME!!, small (deluxe) rooms that are poorly/cheaply furnished, i.e. only cold tap in wash hand basin, no usable balcony as A/C unit takes up 3/4 of it and blows hot air on to you!!, can not smoke unless you stand on balcony!!

I booked my stay with 2 other guys (3 rooms) all the rooms where crap. I understand that this hotel, for reasons now totally beyond me, is virtually booked all year!!! I can not understand this. They asked me on booking to pay 9000Tbt deposit (3000Tbt for each room) this I can understand and accept. I also order taxi collection from the airport. But they then demand full payment of 2900Tbt for a taxi 3 months in advance!! I tell them to cancel the taxi. Sabai charge 1900Tbt on the day, not 3 month before!!

We moved back to the Sabai Lodge after 4 days of the Areca Lodge. I could not recommend the Areca Lodge to anyone.

Anyone that recommends this hotel must normally stay in budget B&B type accomodation or just not know any better!!

What I thought, said it all, was when we checked out after 4 nights no one behind reception even cared to ask why? Surely, if you own or manage a hotel and guests are checking out after a few days, having booked for 3 weeks you would ask why? They could not give a fuck!!!

I will never darken their doors again.

Regards to all,

:chogdee

At least when a place doesn't come up to expectations, there are plenty of choices in that price range.

I guess when people check out early they don't care as there will be someone waiting for free room, as the place always seems to be full.

Hi,

Recently booked to stay in Areca Lodge for 20 nights as I wanted to stay in a different part of Pattaya and the reviews of the Areca on this board made me select the Areca over my usual, the Sabai Lodge. What a mistake. The Areca is probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I checked out after 4 nights!!

Everything is a drama, no hot water for first 18 hours, sign for towels, collect vouchers for breakfast. no pool parasols after about 1100, aggressive security at night to ME!!, small (deluxe) rooms that are poorly/cheaply furnished, i.e. only cold tap in wash hand basin, no usable balcony as A/C unit takes up 3/4 of it and blows hot air on to you!!, can not smoke unless you stand on balcony!!

I booked my stay with 2 other guys (3 rooms) all the rooms where crap. I understand that this hotel, for reasons now totally beyond me, is virtually booked all year!!! I can not understand this. They asked me on booking to pay 9000Tbt deposit (3000Tbt for each room) this I can understand and accept. I also order taxi collection from the airport. But they then demand full payment of 2900Tbt for a taxi 3 months in advance!! I tell them to cancel the taxi. Sabai charge 1900Tbt on the day, not 3 month before!!

We moved back to the Sabai Lodge after 4 days of the Areca Lodge. I could not recommend the Areca Lodge to anyone.

Anyone that recommends this hotel must normally stay in budget B&B type accomodation or just not know any better!!

What I thought, said it all, was when we checked out after 4 nights no one behind reception even cared to ask why? Surely, if you own or manage a hotel and guests are checking out after a few days, having booked for 3 weeks you would ask why? They could not give a fuck!!!

I will never darken their doors again.

Regards to all,

Mate i tend to agree about Areca,its not what it was before.

Ive just come back from my seventh stay at Areca and i was very sad to see how the attitude has changed there.

The manager Nancy has always been a very false and almost rude lady,and her attitude is creeping into the rest of the staff.

Sadly they are very popular hotel,so i dont think Nancy cares if she upsets a few guests,as long as the numbers stack up.

Heres an example of her rudeness... I checked in with a long term regular,and Nancy asked is she your girl friend,i said no just a friend,Nancy then talked to the other girls on reception in Thai,and they all laughed.My

regular told me Nancy had told the other girls at reception that " Shes not his friend,just his bar girl"

I felt like confronting Nancy but i had no proof thats what she said.

Ned

I stayed at the Areca once. I found it a bit of a pain to cross 2nd rd all the time. Dangerous. They should build overcrossings like like have in Bangers.

I will respectfully disagree with you here. I prefer to stay in the Soi Buakhao area and cross Second Road quite a bit. It looks more dangerous than it actually is.