Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

will b popping to BKK for one night this july

need a hotel

preferably as close as possible to nana plaza :bigsmile:

i am pretty flexible on the price range but nothing too OTT

dont fancy nana hotel as i find it really dated

anybody stayed at Majestic Suites they look OK

thanks in advance

I personally like Dynasty Grande, around the corner from Nana on Soi 6. One of the benefits is it is one block to Lolitas on Soi 8. The rooms are large and the bathrooms are very well appointed and large also. Never had a problem bringing back a friend.

looks quite nice

no problems with bringing back girls ?

close to nana plaza ?

does anybody know the rates cant see them posted on the webby

also do they have walk in rates as i am not sure on what date i am going to be there yet ?

i would imagine they will be alot more expensive

I second Majestic Suites. The rooms are a bit small, but when I'm sleepiing or :D I can't tell the difference. Also the location is ideal for Nana, and Cowboy is a short cab or even walk away. Friendly staff and girl friendly...you also get a free breckfast, but I've never been up early enough for that.

I stayed Majestic Suites for two nights two weeks ago.

Walk up they stung me 2000b per night. Girl said it was the last room they had.

Then she asked if I wanted smoking or non-smoking room? WTF! )

I liked the hotel, really nice rooms and no joiner fee.

BUT: The room I had was the first one on the right on the first floor above the lobby. If they offer you this room DO NOT take it. The fan for the ventilation of the entire hotel is right outside the window, it blows from 6 am to midnight. Sounds like a freakin express train outside the room. :allright

also do they have walk in rates as i am not sure on what date i am going to be there yet ?

i would imagine they will be alot more expensive

The rates for the MS range from 1315B to 2025B per night, depending on the type of room. Those rates are before taxes and fees, so plan on another 20%. (BTW, all the info on rates is on the MS site - just click on accommodation.)

You'd be very lucky to find a room available at the MS on a walk-in basis, even in low season. It is hugely popular with punters and is often booked solid weeks in advance. If you can't book a room ahead, there are several hotel booking counters in the BKK airport arrival hall that can find you a room in the Nana area. Don't be embarassed to specify you want a guest-friendly room. Just book it for one night and look for better the next day if you don't like it or feel you can find cheaper.

Evil

:allright:

IMHO Majestic Suites are nice but prefer nana hotel., Just can't beat the location, shopping right fro mthe lobby, restaurant and or lounge from abot 5:00 pm till about dawn :))

Cheers, B-Man!

Also stayed at the Heidleburg (Sp?) Inn, it's on Soi 4 right across from the 7-11 and Sin. Rooms around 1700 bht, but recently remodeled with flatscreen TV and free b-fast. Someplace to try if you're in a bind.

2guns

The rates for the MS range from 1315B to 2025B per night, depending on the type of room. Those rates are before taxes and fees, so plan on another 20%. (BTW, all the info on rates is on the MS site - just click on accommodation.)

You'd be very lucky to find a room available at the MS on a walk-in basis, even in low season. It is hugely popular with punters and is often booked solid weeks in advance. If you can't book a room ahead, there are several hotel booking counters in the BKK airport arrival hall that can find you a room in the Nana area. Don't be embarassed to specify you want a guest-friendly room. Just book it for one night and look for better the next day if you don't like it or feel you can find cheaper.

Evil

:clueless:

good advice

Just got a deal at the Swiss for 1290 inc breakfast. Direct they quoted their website prices, but went through an agency (several offered this price).

I've stayed at the Majestic, and thought the rooms were too small for the money. Never used Nana, seems too old and work out for the other options. Did stay at the Honey Hotel close to Soi Cowboy once (cheap charlie trip), was about 800 per night, big rooms, but same decor from the Naam R&R days.

Edited by jnr

I'm staying at the Nana this July and think it's a great place for mongering. many places in the vicinity for more money, but why? maybe spend 5-7 hours in the room? Rest of the time you're drinking and shopping. If you have never stayed at the Nana, I recommend it 100%

If you want close to Nana Plaza, the Dynasty Inn BKK is about 50 feet from it. Rooms are 1280 baht per night. Just google Dynasty Inn Bangkok and you can reserve that way. I usually stay there upon arrival BKK for one night prior to going to Pattaya next day. They have free minibus service at 1100 the next day to Pattaya, provided you stay at least two days at the Dynasty Inn Pattaya or Dynasty Inn Resort Jomtein. I have stayed at both Pattaya locations numerous times and they are good for the money - the Dynasty Inn is centrally located on Soi 13 Pattaya (one hundred yards from beach) and if you want to be a little out of the way, the Dynasty Inn Resort is a beautiful setting with great pool area. They also provide free transportation throughout the day until around mid-night to and from Jomtein to Pattaya. I have also stayed at the Honey Hotel Bangkok on Soi 9 I think - not too far from Nana by walking - but this hotel is and has been showing its age - good email address though - honeyho@somethingorother.

I stayed at the Majestic Suites last trip & really enjoyed my stay.

The view from my window was directly over Nana Plaza & across the Nana Hotel 'parking lot'

1300bht p/n, breakfast included, girl friendly, rooms are quite small but more than adequate, very clean.

Excellent location, back there in Sept.

Book early as very popular.

If you like Tom Yam though, eat elsewhere...worst I ever tasted...but everything else ok.

Orange

I stayed at the Majestic Suites last trip & really enjoyed my stay.

The view from my window was directly over Nana Plaza & across the Nana Hotel 'parking lot'

1300bht p/n, breakfast included, girl friendly, rooms are quite small but more than adequate, very clean.

Excellent location, back there in Sept.

Book early as very popular.

If you like Tom Yam though, eat elsewhere...worst I ever tasted...but everything else ok.

Orange

The breakfast at MS pretty much sucks, too. Can order 2 eggs off the limited menu and it comes with 1 small juice. And just try to get antoher cup of coffee. Still, I've been there 2X as the location is ideal and te place is very clean. All in all, y ou really can't go wrong with MS.

wayneuk,

If you are only doing an overnighter I would highly recommend Majestic-Suites, great location.

Any more than a few nights I would recommend Majestic-Grande, nicer rooms, better breakfast and nice pool to relax.

onelilley.

wayneuk,

I should have added, I would never attempt to stay at Majestic-Suites without a booking as it has always been full when I have stayed there.

onelilley.