Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Areca Lodge - Credit card question

Hey,

I just booked and paid for a 2 week stay at the Areca Lodge through sawadee.com.

Given that I have already paid for the hotel, upon check-in will the staff at the Areca Lodge still ask me to provide them with my credit card info. and sign a blank credit card invoice? I am always paranoid about providing what is essentially a blank check to hotels. Especially given some stories I have heard about such in Pattaya.

Thanks for the insight!

I don't have any first hand experience to base this on, but I would imagine they might give you the option of providing a cc, or leaving a cash deposit. From their point of view, I guess there are a few people who might cause damage and refuse to pay.

too_mutt

Edited by too_mutt

www.sawadee.com always asks for the amount to be paid upfront to secure the booking. I don't have a problem with that. I have used them in the past a number of times and they have been great. They also always seem to give better pricing than dealing directly with the hotels.

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like it is the norm then in Pattaya to provide your credit card upon checking in even if you have booked and paid through an agent.

Cheers.

Areca will ask for your CC,and will put a voucher through without any charges.

This is purely a measure to cover any costs above accomadation.EG Mini Bar,food,bar drinks,telephone calls,etc.

When you check out simply pay for any incidentals and your CC vouher will be returned to you.

Just make sure you have proof of payment from Sawadee.Com to show on your arrival,the last thing you want is an arguement over payment when you leave.

Ned

Watch out taking an extra guest to your room it's 300 baht per person.

Not sure what to make of this post, by "an extra guest" do you mean a third person? There is never a charge for your guest, but maybe for a third person in the room but not always, I think it depends on who is at reception, definately no charge for second person.

I agree Areca will, want a cc apon check in, and print a voucher, this voucher gets ripped up in front of you apon check out, any charges to your cc and the card gets swiped and the bill is signed for by you.

Very good hotel and never had any problems leaving my cc print on the voucher.

onelilley.

Thanks Onelilley.

I have no worries or problems then with them doing that. Just wanted to check as you never know.

I think the reference to an extra guest meant more than one girl. I am sure I read that in other posts. Although I have yet to bring more than one back at once, it is good to know :) You never know when the girl may have a twin sister that wants lots of lub too... Fook Mi Fook Yu :thumbup

Thanks again.

I stayed there at the same time as freddy, and believe me, he was lucky they only charged him for ONE extra guest! :D

(The first guest is free). I also booked through sawasdee.com and procedure was the same.

Just one gripe; I requested a late checkout through sawasdee, but didn't think to confirm with the hotel. They chased me out at 1.00pm when I didn't want to go until 2.00, barely had time for one last visit to a little establishment in the soi opposite the hotel! :bj2

Two guests at Areca,is not a problem,and no charge for the second girl,if your smart.

They only question you if you walk past reception,just use the entrance between the two buildings and your laughing,done this many times over the last four years.

Ned

Two guests at Areca,is not a problem,and no charge for the second girl,if your smart.

They only question you if you walk past reception,just use the entrance between the two buildings and your laughing,done this many times over the last four years.

Ned

Ned,I tried that with a regular of mine, the guard chased us down the driveway on his pushbike!

She was worried coz she didn't have ID (she's Lao), so we just marched through reception without a sideways look. :D