Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I have sent 3 booking requests for 3 different hotels in BKK for one night in June.

(dynasty grande(3 x requests, majestic suites and mercure park ave(info on joiners policy - not a booking as such) and have not had one reply from 5 emails.

So im having a 4th go at Unico sukhumvit grande - a new property that looks close to majestic grande. i only want one night enroute to Philippines but will be back in BKK/Issan/Ptty after the Phils and if im happy i would stay in one of those properties again.

I could go back to old favourites like swiss grottino or majestic grande but want to try something new.

Do you think its because im only booking for 1 night or because the person cant understand english or simply cos they are full and cant be bothered replying to nemurous emails.

Do you think its because im only booking for 1 night or because the person cant understand english or simply cos they are full and cant be bothered replying to nemurous emails.

The Majestic Suites and Dynasty Grande often don't answer, probably because they know they'll be fully booked. Questions about guest friendly policy is a "why bother?" situation. What do they gain by answering?

Try going through a hotel booking agency. You have nothing to lose.

Evil

:bigsmile:

Edited by Evil Penevil

Giday Floyd,

Mate i gave up emailing Thai hotels a long time ago,due to lack of response.

I live in Australia and i find by spending a few dollars on a phone call is better,give it a try,they all speak english at reservations.

Ned

Giday Floyd,

Mate i gave up emailing Thai hotels a long time ago,due to lack of response.

I live in Australia and i find by spending a few dollars on a phone call is better,give it a try,they all speak english at reservations.

Ned

Solid advice. Best to call those hotels that don't reply.

Maybe I'm the exception here. I've stayed at the Majestic Suites 3 times; I booked in advance via their web site and always received a reply.

Solid advice. Best to call those hotels that don't reply.

Melcalito, are you talking suites or grande.

booked grande in the past with no problemd but as i check in 11.30pm at night and leave for airport again noonish grande didnt warrant that much expense for such a short stay.

I've found that Anand at the Majestic Suites ALWAYS replies to my e-mails, but those are e-mails about reserving a room, NOT generic e-mails asking about policies.

FYI, both the Majestic Suites and Dynasty Grande are certainly guest friendly. At Majestic Suites they will take your lady friend's ID, all of the time, whereas the Dynasty Grande is hit or miss about doing so. Both places also have in-room safes so your valuables will be safe if you fall asleep in the presence of a dishonest lady. IMHO these are two of the better values among places in Bangkok for the hobby. If you are looking for a pool and a gym, then the Dynasty Grande is a fine choice. If those features are not important to you, and you wish to save money, the Majestic Suites will provide just what you need.

LOOKING FOR INFO FROM A SABAI INN VETERAN - I have made a reservation at Sabaii Inn for two months in July and August - they came back and confirmed it but did not ask for any credit card data to hold reservation - is that their policy? On all other previous trips to bkk or patts the hotel (i.e.Dynasty A-l or Sunsine) would ask for credit card data etc to hold a reservation. I am not complaining, really, that Sabai is not asking for CC data, but I just do not have that warm and fuzzy feeling about the reservation since I am not into them for anything at this point. Would appreciate anyone with Sabai Inn experience shedding some light on this. Thanks.

Have any of you ever used the booking agency called Asia Rooms. Last week I booked five days at the Majestic Grande thru Asia Rooms. Got a rate of $86.00 for a Premiere Room which is cheaper than reserving with the hotel. Asia Rooms required my credit card. Within a couple of minutes of submitting the reservation request I received an Email from them stating that my credit card had been approved and that they would contact me when the hotel confirmed my reservation. Several days later I had not heard from Asia Rooms so I clicked on a status button on the origional reply that I received from them and it showed that my reservation has been confirmed, however Asia Rooms has yet to tell me that the reservation is confirmed. I have sent 3 Emails to Asia Rooms asking them to let me know that my reservation is definitely confirmed and they have not replied. I am now 2 days from departure for LOS so I guess that I will not know for sure until I arrive at the hotel. I am not comfortable with there service so far.

LOOKING FOR INFO FROM A SABAI INN VETERAN - I have made a reservation at Sabaii Inn for two months in July and August - they came back and confirmed it but did not ask for any credit card data to hold reservation - is that their policy? On all other previous trips to bkk or patts the hotel (i.e.Dynasty A-l or Sunsine) would ask for credit card data etc to hold a reservation. I am not complaining, really, that Sabai is not asking for CC data, but I just do not have that warm and fuzzy feeling about the reservation since I am not into them for anything at this point. Would appreciate anyone with Sabai Inn experience shedding some light on this. Thanks.

The Sabai Inn doesn't require a CC guarantee. As long as you have an e-mail confirming your booking you'll be OK.

As an aside it is worth e-mailing them and requesting an outside room. Some of the rooms are "inner" and don't have much in the way of natural light.

Have any of you ever used the booking agency called Asia Rooms. Last week I booked five days at the Majestic Grande thru Asia Rooms. Got a rate of $86.00 for a Premiere Room which is cheaper than reserving with the hotel. Asia Rooms required my credit card. Within a couple of minutes of submitting the reservation request I received an Email from them stating that my credit card had been approved and that they would contact me when the hotel confirmed my reservation. Several days later I had not heard from Asia Rooms so I clicked on a status button on the origional reply that I received from them and it showed that my reservation has been confirmed, however Asia Rooms has yet to tell me that the reservation is confirmed. I have sent 3 Emails to Asia Rooms asking them to let me know that my reservation is definitely confirmed and they have not replied. I am now 2 days from departure for LOS so I guess that I will not know for sure until I arrive at the hotel. I am not comfortable with there service so far.

I have used Asia Rooms several time and found them quite reliable. Once I booked 5 nights, pre-paid and then arrived 1 day later due to delays of flight. Never asked anything, but they credited me 1 night and refunded to my credit card.

Other reliable provider is www.agoda.com operating world wide, but very good prices in Bangkok.