Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Any opinions on this place?

Usually stay at J&P Court they're both the same price ( 18,000/20,000 for the month ) so moneys not an issue.I love my pool time to chill out and read.I don't like noisy drunken Falangs all over the place at night with no manners.

Anyway thats what i like so should i stay at the place i know or give P.B.R. a chance?

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw an interview with the owner, an American, the other night on Pattaya TV news. Sounds like a REALLY nice place with large rooms, modern (42" flat plasmas), etc.

He also stated they were having a 'special' of 13kB per month--not including electric.

Be aware, though, it's a bit of hike to Beach Rd, Walking St, so on.

Although he did say they had a 24-hr shuttle.

Spoke to them and all in no extras at the end of the stay works out at just under 18,000.I'll have to wait till i see em before i decide.Landing at 6am so plenty of time to have a wander round and check some places out.

the owner has another place in soi15 off soi buakaow (Up2Uapartments) where I have been for a year. very well run and good security. I went to have a look at pattaya bay yesterday and it is really nice, great pool area, gym etc. its a fair way down to pattaya 2nd road but they have a tuktuk to run you around. I reckon the location would be the only downside, everything else looks really good.

I've seen the tuk tuk. Its not that far of a walk to Soi Buakaow where you can catch a baht bus. Once the new mall opens then you can cut through to 2nd Rd.

The Pattaya Bay Resort hotel website looks very nice plus they have airport pickup at a reasonable price ( 1200 bahts). I may looking into staying there on my next trip to Pattaya! :bigsmile:

It's pretty much behind the Areca Lodge (on the soi before soi Diana heading north on 2nd road). You could walk from one to the other in 5 minutes along a tiny (and dark) soi that runs alongside the Areca. I had a look because as I was intrigued by the mini suites with 42" plasmas (smaller TV's in the other rooms). I didn't really like the minisuite as the TV was so far away from the bed that it didn't make any difference that it was so big (I'm lazy and like to TV watch from bed - well I'm on holiday!). Still, IMHO the rooms were very nice and even without the introductory offers it would be good value.

It's pretty much behind the Areca Lodge (on the soi before soi Diana heading north on 2nd road). You could walk from one to the other in 5 minutes along a tiny (and dark) soi that runs alongside the Areca. I had a look because as I was intrigued by the mini suites with 42" plasmas (smaller TV's in the other rooms). I didn't really like the minisuite as the TV was so far away from the bed that it didn't make any difference that it was so big (I'm lazy and like to TV watch from bed - well I'm on holiday!). Still, IMHO the rooms were very nice and even without the introductory offers it would be good value.

Thanks for that Lex. I know where it is now.

easiest way to find it on the map is to look for the Mercure hotel on Soi 15, which runs between 2nd road and soi buakaow. Pattaya bay resort is right next door, on the left hand side if you are on the road looking at the mercure.

Made a phone call to the hotel and confirmed that the hotel is next to Mecure Hotel. They have 24 hr short distance tuk tuk to bring you around. For instance after some drink at walking street you can just call the hotel they will send their tuk tuk to bring you back to the hotel. You have to pay about 20 bath for each trip.

Only standard room has twin beds. Delux rooms are all king size bed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi has anyone stayed here yet as ive booked for latter in the year and am worried how far it is from walking street/ second road? The website sounds great and there e mail response was very fast. Also i like to go to Jomtien and how easey from there would that be? Thanks

Hi has anyone stayed here yet as ive booked for latter in the year and am worried how far it is from walking street/ second road? The website sounds great and there e mail response was very fast. Also i like to go to Jomtien and how easey from there would that be? Thanks

It looks easy enough to catch a baht bus from Soi Buakhao. That'll take you to Walking. For Jomtien, you can transfer at Pattaya Tai and catch another baht bus. I'm seriously considering staying here next trip. It looks great and is a bit secluded, but still convenient enough to do everything I want to do.

I'm reserved for early Sep. Nice thing is they don't want a CC for a reservation, but I'm sure that will change. I'm impressed by their fast response to emails, less than 24 hours. I'm going to head to the Phils for a week and they volunteered to watch any luggage I may want to leave behind.

Does anyone know about decent restaurants close by?

Some more info of the hotel !!! see the hotel's response to my email:

Thanks you for your interest in our resort.

We are directly next door to the Mercure Hotel and our building looks out onto their swimming pool.

We provide the same tuk-tuk service as the Mercure - free of charge.

Our standard rooms with two beds - one is a queen size and the other is a twin.

All our room charges are for 1 or 2 persons. If it is a licensed masseuse and you notify us in advance, there would be no additional charge.

All rooms have a balcony and a digital safe

Its in the middle of nowhere!!!

Seaview??? its near 3rd road. Definately not the place for a newbie or for anyone planning on walking back pissed late at night.

And the furnishings look cheap.

It's closer to Second Road than Third Road. I actually like the location. It's a little secluded, but close enough to Soi Buakhao and Second Road.

Some more info of the hotel !!! see the hotel's response to my email:

All our room charges are for 1 or 2 persons. If it is a licensed masseuse and you notify us in advance, there would be no additional charge.

Does this mean they charge for guests?

Robin - this is what their website says:

Q: Is there an additional charge for joiners/over-night guests?

A: All of our rates quoted are for 1 or 2 persons sharing the same room. Therefore, if a single guest brings back a joiner, there is no additional fee. If you have a third person in the room, there is an additional charge of 500 baht per person, per night.