Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Just stayed at BJ Holiday Lodge on Soi 3, which was pretty nice. The have clean, quiet spacious rooms, with AC, refridgerator, balcony, Sat tv, roof safe, pool and guest friendly. The price was 24,000/month (in May). Just a word of warning that construction is just starting (June 2007) on a new hotel between BJ and Charming Inn, so noise/dust may be an issue. The hotel staff stated that a 5-6 story hotel was being built there. Chok Dee

• 2 weeks later...

:D

Just back from Pattaya,stayed at BJ 3rd to 15th June,I really like the hotel and location. The heavy duty machinery was being moved into place for digging the foundations so there will be a lot of noise and disruption I guess til the end of the year.

I heard it was an 8 storey hotel/apartment block owned by A1 hotel across the road. The resulting building will impact more on BJ as regards blocking the view and the sun on swimming pool,will be interesting to see the finished product as I like the BJ and would hope to stay there again.

Stayed for 5 nights from 16th June .never got told about noise till after i paid ,luckily the piling machine was broke for 2 days .

• 6 months later...
Does anybody have an update on the noise factor at BJ Holiday Lodge?

Thanks

Bazza

I just left there today Jan 10th 08.

The construction noise STILL continues with hammering, grinding and ALL noise associated with a major construction project.

My view out the balcony consisted of those green protective sheets wrapped around the rising building.

WI-FI was dicey at best in the restaurant.

As a matter of honesty, I think the management should post on their website that construction noise continues from 0730 to 1700.

I just checked out after 1 day at the BJ Holiday. Too much noise and too much dirt around because of the construction. Also didn't like the room anyways. Even at 1200 baht I would rather pay a little more and get a much better room and not have to deal withe the Thai style shower system.

I used to stay there for weeks at a time. I love the rooms there. But with the noise and the loss of the view, unless they drop their prices to the range of the rest of the hotels with decent rooms and no view (and there are shitloads that fit that description in Pattaya) I reckon they're going to see more and more regulars staying elsewhere. But I sure did love staying there before!

I used to stay there for weeks at a time. I love the rooms there. But with the noise and the loss of the view, unless they drop their prices to the range of the rest of the hotels with decent rooms and no view (and there are shitloads that fit that description in Pattaya) I reckon they're going to see more and more regulars staying elsewhere. But I sure did love staying there before!

same as you mate, i loved staying there but no sea view anymore and that

noise going on ill be looking for other hotels

:bigsmile:

the ironic thing is the owner of the BJ had an option to buy that lot,which would have preserved the seaview,but the site cost more as it was nearer the beach road-bad decision in hindsight.

My mate will be staying at Charming Inn the beach road side in a couple of weeks,will ask him to take some pics of the site to see how far building work has gone,as it started when I was at BJ back in May.