Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Flying to BKK from MAN next Wednesday and thought I had a good price at £428. Just checked on Lastminute.com (using the flexi date option) and same flight is available for £388 (depending on when you return, of course.

Not seen flights this cheap for a long time, so if you are flexible...................!!

Also means that the flight must be pretty empty so bodes well for a several seat snooze enroute!!

Bill

Hi Bill

Have not looked yet as I have booked my nov flights with Etihad to include emergency exit seats all the way there and back from man on line at £455. When I was booking there was a slightly cheaper option but it involved long stop overs!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

I like Etihad, but they are messing people about a bit on prices 2guns

The price has ranged for me between £380-£450 from LHR, but when I wanted a booking in August, the prices had shot up to over £700. The same time now is £577 and November is £540 :ang2

<huh

Whoa there!

About six months ago you got the fare quoted with Lastminute; try following the next stages and I think you'll get a price quoted of £481.00 on the 'view details panel'. (Despite it quoting, as you say, £388.00 inc

taxes). :unsure:

I have booked my nov flights with Etihad to include emergency exit seats all the way there and back from man on line at £455.

Really? you could be flying over with my 61 yr old mother!

Take care of her won't you, and please don't tell her too much about Pattaya!!

Whoa there!

About six months ago you got the fare quoted with Lastminute; try following the next stages and I think you'll get a price quoted of £481.00 on the 'view details panel'. (Despite it quoting, as you say, £388.00 inc

taxes). :D

Nope, you are wrong. at 0430BST today at Lastminute flying MAN-BKK departing 20 June returning 18 July the price including tax is £388. You can follow it all the way to the payment box and it is still £388! Remember the price will vary depending on your return date - use my dates and look again.

I paid £428 a couple of weeks ago so it is now £40 cheaper.

Not sure what you refer to "about six months" ago but my previous (recent) flights have been:-

£375.70 paid on 6/7/06 (Airline Network)

£428.89 paid on 14 Jan (Lmin)

£447.32 paid on 17 Apr (Lmin)

Those prices were the bottom line on my debit card. In ten years I have never paid over £500 but that is only because Emirates, Qatar and now Etihad have come to the rescue. The likes of KLM, SAS, Luftwaffe etc are nearly always over the £500 mark these days. BA and Quaintarse are of course just a joke.

Tom, not sure if it was me who said that the days of cheap flights were over, think I was responding to someone else and making the point that of course it is worth being flexible and shopping around. Having used Etihad several times now, often in half empty planes, I do wonder how they make a profit (which I'm sure they don't)!!

Casper - noted mate. What does she look like? (I'm 60)!!

Off to do some packing :D

Bill

Bill, thanks for the quick follow up. You are right! :ang2 Plenty of imminent dates available at £388.00 with good connection timing.

I note also EVA are doing rtn for £404.60 for London dpt.

Regards

Tom, not sure if it was me who said that the days of cheap flights were over, think I was responding to someone else and making the point that of course it is worth being flexible and shopping around. Having used Etihad several times now, often in half empty planes, I do wonder how they make a profit (which I'm sure they don't)!!

Bill,

Nah, it was on another thread a couple of weeks back.

FWIW, I've just booked on Qatar's site for biz class return from BKK to MAN next weekend. The fare is 66,000 Baht inclusive of taxes etc. With the 200% miles in biz class plus 50% bonus for gold card holder it amounts to a good deal ...........

Bill,

Nah, it was on another thread a couple of weeks back.

FWIW, I've just booked on Qatar's site for biz class return from BKK to MAN next weekend. The fare is 66,000 Baht inclusive of taxes etc. With the 200% miles in biz class plus 50% bonus for gold card holder it amounts to a good deal ...........

I'll give you a wave as we pass in the sky (almost)!! :D

Bill

Cheshire Tom

The Etihad cheap prices are available if you book close to your flight date. Try

getting these deals booking well in advance. My flights are ex MAN to BKK on 6th

Sept to 23rd Sept. Can you find me an Etihad deal for these dates please ? Booked with

Emirates £476.00

I checked Etihad yesterday for someone and the price was only £322, flying from Man to BKK on the 10th Nov. Staying for 3 weeks.

Amazing.

Just checked Etihad for flights to cover your dates ....... £335 ..... oops, no they only have the £405 flights available.

Ignore everything i've said ..... these prices are plus the taxes of around 120 sterling. :thumbup

Edited by casper_uk

:thumbup

Just got back after 3 weeks in Pattaya,flew with Qatar for first time at £383 ex Manchester, every leg was full as their price was much less than Etihad etc. On check in at Bangkok when admittedly the Etihad flight was 45 min later than ours, their check in was empty while Qatar was full, so perhaps that's why they are reducing their prices.

A little bit of good news with Qatar, you don't need to pay the 700 baht departure tax,it is included, don't think that is with Etihad for instance.

Doha airport was fine,better than Abu Dhabi in my opinion,also I never noticed anyone smoking,unlike Abu Dhabi where it seemed compulsory!

One drawback was flying and arriving back on Saturdays from a chaotic Terminal 2 at Manchester as the charter holiday airlines use this terminal.

This caused a delayed departure and as there was only a 1 hour connecting time in Doha,we had to run straight on to the connecting plane,didn't see the airport.

Things looked even worst on the return flight as plane was at gate,departure time passed and an announcement was then made that due to technical problems flight was delayed and further announcement made in 2 hours, and voucher could be collected for sandwich!

Worst case scenarios of missed connections,12 or 24 delays in Bangkok or Doha were being looked at by me and my friend and then after about 30 min a further update from engineer was made. I was expecting the flight to be cancelled but it was to announce that engineer had fixed problem and flight would board soon.Eventually took of an hour late but easily made connection and arrived in Manchester early along with a load holiday flights and mile long immigration queue.

Cheshire Tom

The Etihad cheap prices are available if you book close to your flight date. Try

getting these deals booking well in advance. My flights are ex MAN to BKK on 6th

Sept to 23rd Sept. Can you find me an Etihad deal for these dates please ? Booked with

Emirates £476.00

You don't have to go any further than Etihad's own site to get flights for 310 quid plus tax in Oct (458 quid all in) so they do have cheap seats well in advance ........ just not on the dates you would prefer.

You don't have to go any further than Etihad's own site to get flights for 310 quid plus tax in Oct (458 quid all in) so they do have cheap seats well in advance ........ just not on the dates you would prefer.

Indeed they certainly do have excellent prices on their website for certain dates although most of the cheapest prices mean extremely long connection times, even though they do put you in a hotel overnight.

Chivas

Indeed they certainly do have excellent prices on their website for certain dates although most of the cheapest prices mean extremely long connection times, even though they do put you in a hotel overnight.

Chivas

All the deals from MAN that have been quoted in this thread are for bog-standard connection times i.e. under 3 hours.

All the deals from MAN that have been quoted in this thread are for bog-standard connection times i.e. under 3 hours.

So why am I looking at a "live" system thats telling me for example MAN-AD-BKK with a total time of 1 day 19 hours from take off to landing !!

Thats at the cheapest price of £308 plus tax, available approx 5 minutes prior to this post.

Chivas

So why am I looking at a "live" system thats telling me for example MAN-AD-BKK with a total time of 1 day 19 hours from take off to landing !!

Thats at the cheapest price of £308 plus tax, available approx 5 minutes prior to this post.

Chivas

And if you look at the posts above the same price is available on flights with

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Glad to see Etihad have now reduced their fares at long last, i was very critical of their

decision to end the Gatwick flights, and to introduce 2 daily flights from Heathrow.

But now all is forgotten and i am now a registered Etihad member and have booked

2 flights with them to my liking with only 90min stop-overs.

Dep 14th October at £429 to 10th December

Dep 14th February at £459 to 27th March 2008

Guys, anyone like to comment on the quality and reliability of Etihad and Qatar (Economy) compared to (say) KLM? I have used KLM, BA and Thai in the past and thought all were OK, but never used one of the Middle East connects.

I do like to be able to have a few drinks on the plane, only way I can get any sleep usually. So any issues there? Like if you want to get a couple extra after service are they OK?

Thanks,

Paul

Guest andgerrard
Guys, anyone like to comment on the quality and reliability of Etihad and Qatar (Economy) compared to (say) KLM? I have used KLM, BA and Thai in the past and thought all were OK, but never used one of the Middle East connects.

Used 4 out of 5 of the above airlines( not Etihad) plus,swiss,China,Lufthansa and (COUGH) biman.

Qatar against KLM?for me no comparison, Qatar all the way!

Qatar against the rest ? Qatar all the way!

I do like to be able to have a few drinks on the plane, only way I can get any sleep usually. So any issues there? Like if you want to get a couple extra after service are they OK?

Thanks,

Paul

No problems getting a drink "after service" just be polite(as of course you always are!)