Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hey guys! I will be traveling to Thailand for the 1st time at the end of Aug. I am thinking about staying at the Royal Cruise Hotel. Does anyone know if it is guest friendly? There was only 1 review about it in the hotel section. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey guys! I will be traveling to Thailand for the 1st time at the end of Aug. I am thinking about staying at the Royal Cruise Hotel. Does anyone know if it is guest friendly? There was only 1 review about it in the hotel section. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The best you can do is to send them a e-mail and ask them...I found this at google seach about the hotel.

All rates shown are per room per night unless stated otherwise, not per person per night

So guess its GF.....But to be sure just mail them.

Jesper.

Edited by jesper_dk

mikey,

I am not positive, but I am pretty certain that it is not a GF hotel. Email them and ask them if they charge joiner/guest fee.

The hotel always seems to be full of Jap tourists. Hundred of them are outside eating at the BBQ that the hotel puts on I think every night. I hear its very good but not cheap at 800Tbt a head. I wonder how much a room is??

This hotel certainly looks impressive as you walk past it, but I dont think its a place I would stay in. I would suggest one of the Sabai Hotels as they are in this area.

Regards,

I stopped in and looked at their rooms and facilities during my trip last April. Nice enough place, but in my opinion there are much better values for the $. Pretty expensive and the rooms are not all that big/nice. For the money I would rather stay at Whitehouse Condotel, any of the LK properties, RG, Mariott, etc.

Thanks for all the help! I emailed them but I got no response, so I will take my business somewhere else. Thanks again for the info. I look forward to visiting for my 1st time.

I'd pick another hotel... never stayed but visited and it was enough to keep me at my spot on Soi 13

What's your spot on Soi 13?

Glad to see you have decided not to stay there-Royal Cruise caters for the mass Jap/Indian/Korean/Chinese market mainly and is certainly not guest friendly-I would have recommended BJ across the road but construction work is just starting next to it-courtesy of Royal Cruise!

Was talking to a European female recently in soi 7 who was staying there and it was 3200 baht in february so not cheap.

Guess it would be cheaper in low season now.

Take any of the hotels in soi 7 or soi 8 for a third of the price or less.

Bella Vista is 700 at present

Chivas

The Sabai Lodge right around the corner on Soi 2 is a better bet. Cheaper, girl friendly, has everything you'll need.

Never stayed at the “big boat” as I was advised that BG joiner fee was hefty.

Not sure of what you are looking for but here are some options that may fit (based on North Pattaya {Soi 2 – 3} being your preference).

Looking for an “upscale” location with a great beach view and Girl friendly (according to friends that previously lived there): Mark-Land Condos which is a short walk north of Royal Cruise may fit your requirements.

Sunshine Vista – Soi 3 no beach view but a nice (upscale) place.

SabaiInn / SabaiLodge; Not quite as upscale as above but (as of last visit to each) good, defiantly above acceptable level. Having stayed at both properties, I prefer the Inn but YMMV.

I’d probably be remiss to not mention the Welcome Inn. Okay rooms (try to get a ground level room that boarders the pool). On site afternoon/evening P4P action in your room or a ST room at an additional fee.

They emailed me back and it is 1000 baht a night to have a guest. I will take a look at these other places mentioned here. Thanks for the info.

They emailed me back and it is 1000 baht a night to have a guest. I will take a look at these other places mentioned here. Thanks for the info.

Bt1000 for a guest? That's insane. Never stayed there but I've heard it was popular with Jap/Chinese tourists so, they probably get the fee with no problem.

For a decent room at a fairly reasonable price try the Soi 13 area, i.e., Dynasty Inn(NOT Dynasty Resort**), Whitehouse Condotel, Sandy Springs, etc... Book ASAP. It's a popular area.

Convenient to everything, quickly, by baht bus. Good for 1st-timers and the experienced both. Enjoy.

** From what I understand, Dynasty Resort is nice also but it is not the one on Soi 13 but, rather, a little off the beaten path towards Jomtien. Same ownership as the Dynasty Inn but not as good of a locale, IMOH, for a 1st timer.

Edited by cenctm
Bt1000 for a guest? That's insane. Never stayed there but I've heard it was popular with Jap/Chinese tourists so, they probably get the fee with no problem.

For a decent room at a fairly reasonable price try the Soi 13 area, i.e., Dynasty Inn(NOT Dynasty Resort**), Whitehouse Condotel, Sandy Springs, etc... Book ASAP. It's a popular area.

Convenient to everything, quickly, by baht bus. Good for 1st-timers and the experienced both. Enjoy.

** From what I understand, Dynasty Resort is nice also but it is not the one on Soi 13 but, rather, a little off the beaten path towards Jomtien. Same ownership as the Dynasty Inn but not as good of a locale, IMOH, for a 1st timer.

Totally agree with you Cenctm about Soi 13 being a great spot for a 1st timer. As a matter of fact, on my first trip to Pattaya I stayed at the Dynasty Inn on Soi 13 and loved it! :D The other hotels you have mentioned are good suggestions for him also. Easy access to either Beach Rd or 2nd Rd to catch the baht bus and you can be most anywhere in Pattaya in short time. Here are the links to some of those hotels on Soi 13...

http://www.dynastyinn.com/beta_DynastyInnPattaya.htm

http://www.sandyspringhotel.com/

http://www.whitehousecondotel.com/index.htm

After he gets the lay of the land in Pattaya he can then branch out to the area he likes best and maybe check out hotels in those areas. :banghead

Totally agree with you Cenctm about Soi 13 being a great spot for a 1st timer. As a matter of fact, on my first trip to Pattaya I stayed at the Dynasty Inn on Soi 13 and loved it! :D The other hotels you have mentioned are good suggestions for him also. Easy access to either Beach Rd or 2nd Rd to catch the baht bus and you can be most anywhere in Pattaya in short time. Here are the links to some of those hotels on Soi 13...

http://www.dynastyinn.com/beta_DynastyInnPattaya.htm

http://www.sandyspringhotel.com/

http://www.whitehousecondotel.com/index.htm

After he gets the lay of the land in Pattaya he can then branch out to the area he likes best and maybe check out hotels in those areas. <grin

Great options. I really like the looks of the suite at the whitehouse. As soon as I can confirm my dates. I will be booking there. Thanks again guys for the info.

Great options. I really like the looks of the suite at the whitehouse. As soon as I can confirm my dates. I will be booking there. Thanks again guys for the info.

I think there is a cost for a second joiner at whitehouse so if you plan to fill your suite with :bigsmile: be prepared for added cost. I am not speaking first hand so double check if that's your fancy.

I can confirm that the Whitehouse charges a joiner fee for a second guest - 500 Bht if my memory serves me correctly but I'm not sure. No problem with multiple TGs for a bit of afternoon or evening delight though.

First trip I stayed a couple of days at the Sandy Spring but didn't really like it so I took a walk up the Soi, dropped into the Whitehouse, saw a suite and was immediately sold. Never stay anywhere else now.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip where ever you stay.