Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

BEST BANG for the BUCK/BAHT

Guest Farty McFarland

You can not beat the korean BBQ Buffet resteraunts in Ang Sila and Muang Mai. 89 baht all you can eat, with deserts and some special stir fry stuff made upon request. Absolutely the best bang for the baht.

I like the Korat Fried Chicken stand on Soi Buakhao. If you're walking from Pattaya Klang to Pattaya Tai, it's right after the curve. The boneless breast is delicious and cheap. The price is by weight, but depending on how much you eat, you should be able to get chicken and rice for you and a TG for 40 to 60 baht.

My favourites are all the food stalls near the Fried Chicken stand mentioned above (and the fried chicken too).

At a higher price point though, Bruno's is still my No.1 Choice ...... though I have heard that the main Chef has left in the last few weeks.

Tried the 'New Orleans' again the other day too, still do the best ribs in town.

White Knight buffet on Soi VC @ 220 baht.

The BBQ buffet where you do the cooking on 3rd RD (the 1st one you come to coming from Paqttaya Klang on the right) @ 129 baht.

The Star Dice buffet up on Naklua RD @ 199 baht but I've been told that the buffet was discontinued last month. Hope they start it again soon.

I'll throw a vote in for the outdoor, covered restaurant area in the Alcazar parking lot. Lots of different, well-cooked food to be had at reasonable prices out of the sun and with ceiling fans.

For a proper restaurant, every time I have eaten at the Cherry Restaurant (across from Exzyte on 3rd Road), I have enjoyed the food, the presentation and the value.

For Bami Moo Daeng (yellow noodles with red pork), I go to the stand in front of the Family Mart on Soi Buakhao just before you get to the big market area.

Thanks for the tip on gai tawt (fried chicken). I'll give them a go.

Oh, for fruit shakes, the best place I've found is near that fried chicken place in the market...15b for a delicious and fresh smoothie.

So many other places, depending on the mood...lots of good food in town.

If you can eat Thai food and want a large selection in one area, check out the weekend market on Theppisit Rd. The area of this market that sell fresh food and cooked food may even be open during the week, can anyone verify.

I also find that the price of the food gets less and less the further away from the tourist area in Pattaya. Some very good value seafood can be had down the road from Pattaya in Sattahip near the ocean.

Keep 'em coming boys, There's no such thing as knowing too many good restaurants.

By the way, I like both Zen and Fuji for sushi. The sushi sets provide good value.

Keep 'em coming boys, There's no such thing as knowing too many good restaurants.

By the way, I like both Zen and Fuji for sushi. The sushi sets provide good value.

Hi,

Fuji has GREAT Shrimp Tempura and sushi. Always go there every trip. There is a place at the Big "C" closed to Fuji that is like Thai fast food. There is a steaming pot of chicken stock on every table where you cook your raw food and then dip it in this incredible chile sauce. The jelly fish is to die for, one of the best crunches of any food that I have ever eaten. The Thai's always look at me funny eating their food, with chopsticks no less, when there is a big Steakhouse right next to this restaurant.

I am from Texas and if I want a steak, I will Bar-B-Q it myself. When In Thailand, I am eating Thai (the hot chilis and spices remind me of the Mexican food back home that I am so found of).

crazedchef

(yes, I was a chef for many years)

In Jomtiem going down Beach Road till it ends and turns left there's a beach front seafood restaurant at the turn that serves excellent food at a reasonable price. Mostly Thai's eat there so you know it's priced right. :bigsmile:

Pan Pan in Jomtien for pizza at 290 baht, much better than the chain store pizzas.

Zen restaurant atop Royal Garden Plaza does a delicious teriyaki salmon for only 200 baht.

Sizzler buffett, Royal Garden Mall. For 150B, a nice mix of salad, soup, desert. The food's fresh, healthy, and filling. Need I say more?

Crazedchef: I think you are referring to MK Restaurant. If you are ever in BKK try MK Gold in Siam Paragon on Sukhumvit Road. This mall has the biggest food court I've seen yet.

Crazedchef: I think you are referring to MK Restaurant. If you are ever in BKK try MK Gold in Siam Paragon on Sukhumvit Road. This mall has the biggest food court I've seen yet.

Yes, that is it MK restaurant: Thai Fast Food; YUM!!!

I did go to MBK Food Court, you are right HUGE. Is this the one that you buy coupons for the food. It is so CHEAP, FRESH, & DELICIOUS!!

I am going to MBK just for that Food Court!

crazedchef

MK Gold is a high end version of MK Restaurant located in the Siam Paragon Mall in BKK.

It's the mall with high end designer clothes, also electronics, and high end car dealers, too. I'm on a high end roll in the post, too.

Edited by The Mook
Yes, that is it MK restaurant: Thai Fast Food; YUM!!!

Pretty international, this one, but a really good example of what Thais do when they steal a dish. This started off as something that goes by various names - steamboat and hot pot, for example. It's quite Chinese, and has variations among the southern China provinces, including Hong Kong.

The Thais added the little bowl of hot-and-sour dip. They also strengthened the broth, widened the stuff that goes into the pot.

Now it's Thai suki - presumably shortened from sukiyaki, although the two dishes are not all that close at all.

Pan Pan in Jomtien for pizza at 290 baht, much better than the chain store pizzas.

Zen restaurant atop Royal Garden Plaza does a delicious teriyaki salmon for only 200 baht.

Agreed! Pan Pan pizza is my favorite in all of Pattaya and Jomtien. My favorite is the plan with tomato sauce and cheese. Very economical and delicious! Anyway, I'm a New Yorker, plain pizza is how we do it.

The all-you-can-eat Thai BBQ near the Shell station on 2nd road.

Get off the songthaew at the Shell station (past Big C on the right) and walk up about 100 yards.

Its a huge place and you buy a ticket at the entrance, used to be 99 might be a few more baht since last fall. BBQ at the table, whole fish cooked by ladies on a grill, pork chops etc etc and always spaghetti w/meat sauce for adventurous eaters.

Cute Tiger girls, too.