Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Christmas Flights.......

I've been checking out the December flights from UK.

Unless they come down drastically I predict this will be the quietest Christmas ever in Pattaya.

Westeast are all £870 for the 2 weeks around the big day. :D

From the east coast of America the flights are starting at $1700...I'm still debating coming to Thailand for xmas but I think you're right.

i just booked my mate a flight today , 21 december returning 05 january flying with mahan (iranian) manchester via tehran to BKK £479 with gazelle travel..! not my cup of tea but cheap & the times are good with not long spent in tehran

Hi peps First post here so guess i should say hello :puke

Sorry couldn't resist!

Coming back to pattaya for the third year running and think i will be coming back for many years to come.

Booked flights last week with Etihad Lon - Bkk 10th Dec - 10th Jan £577 no long stopovers only an hour at abu dhabi (thank god i hate that airport).

Not bad i think, nearly double what we paid last year but that is what you get for coming peak season, tips for people looking for a cheap flight with a decent airline over xmas, if you can help it do not fly week before xmas or week after, the prices go through the roof and ive seen in excess of £1100 for an econamy ticket, if you can be flexable with your dates there is better deals to be found.

also i have found going throught hundreds of searches and going through the middlemen (ie travelsupermarket, or kayak etc) before have been cheaper but have found for xmas it is better to search for a good price via the airline it self.

Ok thats my 2p worth hope it helps someone as i spent weeks looking for a reasonably priced flight, if only i had known to go to etihad first of all.

flying with mahan (iranian) manchester via tehran to BKK £479 with gazelle travel..! not my cup of tea but cheap & the times are good with not long spent in tehran

He, he. It's a bit like Terry Waite saying he was just nipping to Beirut for the weekend.

He, he. It's a bit like Terry Waite saying he was just nipping to Beirut for the weekend. :banana
:allright :allright Can you get a drink on the Mahan flights... or in Tehran airport?
Regarding Mahan Airlines ex Manchester - yes they will be the cheapest but from what i hear flights are usually delayed which means missed connection outbound in Iran

Being stuck in Iran ...that should be fun :banana

The downside is they could take you hostage for political or publicity reasons.

The upside is they do provide you with a new suit on your, hopefully, eventual release :allright

Edited by Marty167
i just booked my mate a flight today , 21 december returning 05 january flying with mahan (iranian) manchester via tehran to BKK £479 with gazelle travel..! not my cup of tea but cheap & the times are good with not long spent in tehran

Do you want the good news or the bad news ...........

http://uk.reuters.com/article/domesticNews...141416020070721

Britain has suspended Iranian airline Mahan Air's operating permit on safety grounds, a Department of Transport spokesman said on Saturday.

In June, Mahan Air increased the regularity of its flights from Tehran to Manchester to five times a week.

"We suspended the operating permit of Mahan Air on Friday night as it's not able to operate safely," said a Department of Transport spokesman.

"It has been involved in a number of recent incidents which suggests a poor level of operational control, planning and safety management," he said.

Do you want the good news or the bad news ...........

http://uk.reuters.com/article/domesticNews...141416020070721

Britain has suspended Iranian airline Mahan Air's operating permit on safety grounds, a Department of Transport spokesman said on Saturday.

i was going to mention, what with the american/un embargo on spare parts etc to iran, i wouldnt risk flying

with them, i also would not fancy being on the ground in teheran if the americans start the war, it could be a

very long stopover :D

The best 'comparison' Travel website is...

www.travelsupermarket.com

Now, I can tell you 100% that they are not 'middle-men'. They make money on the amount of website 'hits' to each Flight Consolidator.

Make sure you try alternative dates for both your outbound and return. You will find this site a gem as it checks all the big companies in one go.

Give it a whirl!

R.....

Just booked my flight this afternoon with Royal Jordanian Airlines flying out of Heathrow on 17th. January and returning on 12lfth. February. £386 only. Birmingham is handier for me but it is £100 more expensive. £20 or so for a bus to Heathrow and back ain't bad but it does add a few hours to the travelling time.

My previously only trip to Pattaya was for one week on the back of a week in Bangkok. This time I aim to spend three weeks in Pattaya and a week in Bangkok at the end of the trip. Roll on January and a nice combination of sanuk and sabai. Can't wait! :bigsmile:

www.travelsupermarket.com

Now, I can tell you 100% that they are not 'middle-men'. They make money on the amount of website 'hits' to each Flight Consolidator.

Make sure you try alternative dates for both your outbound and return. You will find this site a gem as it checks all the big companies in one go.

Give it a whirl!

R.....

Wonderful...except that some airlines purposefully do not allow their flight details to be listed on a price comparison site because they have to pay out each and every time that someone clicks on the price comparison site and then is forwarded on to the airlines's own site. They are charged for each click.

Many airlines have special deals which they do not list on price comparison sites but keep for their own customers i.e. those customers who log on to the airlines's individual site without coming through a price comparison site.

www.travelsupermarket.com ...................................

You will find this site a gem as it checks all the big companies in one go.

It excludes more big companies than it checks ........ Travelmood and Trailfinders are just two of the majors that it misses out on.

Edited by CheshireTom
Guest jackjones

Are you implying that Al-Qaeda is Iranian or are you just thick?

Al-Qaeda is the name of a training camp formed in Afghanistan, to fight the Russians. They were supported by the CIA.

The United States Department of Defense defines the organization as;

A radical Sunni Muslim umbrella organization established to recruit young Muslims into the Afghani mujahideen......

So, where is the connection to Iran?

Maybe you should upgrade your reading from The SUN newspaper to a more serious read.

If by these people you mean the Iranians....weren't they 'our friends' until they decided to nationalise their oil industry. From then on, our attempts to sabotage and control only ended up in the rise of the Ayatollahs(Shi'a clerics).

Strange that these people only become the enemy when they refuse to do 'the west's' bidding.

Just an opinion.

Al-Qaeda is the name of a training camp formed in Afghanistan, to fight the Russians. They were supported by the CIA.

Maybe you should upgrade your reading from The SUN newspaper to a more serious read.

If by these people you mean the Iranians....weren't they 'our friends' until they decided to nationalise their oil industry. From then on, our attempts to sabotage and control only ended up in the rise of the Ayatollahs(Shi'a clerics).

Strange that these people only become the enemy when they refuse to do 'the west's' bidding.

Just an opinion.

Maybe some would rather you did stay at home.

Just an opinion.

Just an opinion.

Where's the £$%^* Edit button?