Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

United miles on Thai Airways

I know you can use United miles on Thai Airways. I know thier is a small fee for using miles. My question is better to book through United or call Thai directly to book a flight. I am going to Chiang Mai while I am in Thailand and was going to use some miles that are going to expire in September. Thanks for any help.

the way i do it ,i'd call uited mileage plus reservations,and tell them i wan't to use my united miles for a ticket on thai air(kind of ironic,isn't it ,get a free ticket from united,and than fly another airline,i think thai air is has much better service with a smile imho)

I think you have to call United to use their miles. I tried calling Thai and they told me I must contact United. The hold time was really long when I booked my ticket, but they where very helpful once I got connected. The only problem was I ended up on ANA instead of Thai, but the flight was great.

for god's sake do not use your ff miles to fly to chiang mai. It will cost you 20k miles. you can book a ticket on asia air for 2500 baht. for the same milage you could fly to tpe, sin, or ngo.

if you want to keep your miles active sign up for the dining program or grocery program. one meal for $10 and your miles are good for another 18 months.

buttt...... if you really want to be rid of them you could transfer them to me and I give you enought money to buy the bkk chaingmai ticket on asia air.

Edited by cowboy
for god's sake do not use your ff miles to fly to chiang mai. It will cost you 20k miles. you can book a ticket on asia air for 2500 baht. for the same milage you could fly to tpe, sin, or ngo.

if you want to keep your miles active sign up for the dining program or grocery program. one meal for $10 and your miles are good for another 18 months.

For GOD's Sake - Please follow this advice./Travlr

Thanks for the advice. I am going to book the trip through either Nok air or Air Asia. Any preferance of the two. The price is around the same of 2000 baht.

Like others have already said don't use those miles for a domestic flight within LOS. You can keep those miles from expiring by using a credit card. I can give you the info for a card that will give you 20K miles just for signing up and using it once. You'll also get 1 mile for each $ spent and there is no fee for the first year. Once you get 60K miles you can get a free trip to LOS and if you don't like flying on United you can get the flight on Singapore Air.

how much annual fee do they charge after first year? or can you cancel the card after first year?

Its either 50 or 60 dollars and they will give you another 5K miles at renewal or you can just cancel. If you cancel they will probably offer you another card free of an annual fee but you will only earn 1 mile for every $2 spent. Let me know if your interested as I will earn 5K miles for referal.