Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

All I've seen on the net in regards to bungalows on Koh Samet is resorts that are like 2700 baht per night? Isn't there ANYTHING nice on this island for a decent LOS price??

Anyone know of anything?

Anyone stayed at Ao Prao resort?

Edited by JCMoneyUSN

Yes i have stayed there, heres an extract from my trip report Ko Sametikaa kaa kaa kaa.

http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29319

"However, i reccomend skipping the accomodation part of the package deal, and stay along either Hat Sai Keaw or Ao Phai beach, which both join to each other easily, and a whole new world opens up. 'A' and I staggered with our bags away from the Malibu boredom hole, followed the taxi signs, and went to Ao Phai, to the Ao Phai hut which is where i had decided we were staying. I like it because it is the next resort to the island disco 'Silver Sands', the bungalows are well spaced out and private which doesnt restrict shagging noise concerns, and it is cheap at 600 baht a night. While Ko Samet is beautiful, the days of budget accomodation are long gone, and if you need your air con, TV, hot shower etc, then be ready to pay 1500 to 3000 a night for it.

You cannot book the Ao Phai hut in advance, ive tried before but the staff always say no, and when you arrive you wil see why. apart from Friday and Saturday, when the island swells up with Thais, it is easy just to turn up any other day and get a bungalow. There are air con ones that can be negotiated to 800 baht right near the beach and road.

Rico

Edited by ricosuave