Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

The Laphraoig + marmite of football

The team you either love or hate....

I spent so many hours on the terraces of Elland Road in the glorious '70s....also following them around the country on trains, coaches and sometimes in a broken down mini ( What a trip to Newcastle that was!!!).....I have ran down so many side streets all over the country...sometimes the pursued and sometimes the pursuer..

The High times had a lead on the low times by a nose but now I think the high times are now so old they have fallen at the last fence, tripped up in the penalty area by Bates and have had to move back 10 yards for arguing that they are now back in the dressing room for an early bath...probably their last..

Some would like that bath to be full of bubble bath and sexy girls and some would like to piss in it like the donkey pissed on Delboy...

:allright :lol: :lol: :D

Which are you???

My da supports Leeds and I think its hilarious what has happened to them. I remember about 5 or 6 years ago he was gloating about getting into the champions league semi-final. I support spurs and we weren't doing that well then,but how the tables have turned!! :thumbdown:

Ive been a Leeds fan all my life, ive been from Rotherham to Rome and from Ipswich to Eindhoven with the lads, ive had some great times with the club and some bad times, but i can honestly say ive never seen a club as big as Leeds Utd fall as quick as this in the history of football.

One day the club will be known as the mighty whites once again, and Elland Rd will be a place for opposing fans and teams to be feard, but ime afraid i think with this 15 point dedution they have been given,its one big mountain to climb :thumbup

There is misery and joy in supporting a football team that you consider 'yours'. I have always admired the fans of the smaller London, Manchester and Liverpool clubs from the lower divisions. These people are passionate about their home team, not the big money ones.

In the past I have not liked Leeds, in the 60's they were boring. I can however sympathise with the fans of a club 'on the down'. My local team Brentford are like that now. It is a rollercoaster ride in the lower divisions. We aren't worried about how we are going to do in Europe or against Man U. We just want a win. As we go through the turnstile, we never know how we will feel in 90 minutes time. Perhaps that is the attraction. :bigsmile:

My brother and a few mates are Leeds fans. My brother lives in Australia so has only seen their demise from the weekly paper I sent him. He is understandably gutted.

I am also a spurs fan and no matter how much you love or hate Leeds the demise of such a huge name in football is very very sad. Those performances in the Champions league seem like only yesterday.

I do hope they recover but I think its gonna take a while.

Good Luck!

But ask yourself if an away support from Leeds or Wigan et al brings a better atmosphere ?

My youngest sister lives about 10 miles from Bournemouth and my Nieces and Nephews are Bournemouth season ticket holders. A few years ago a group of Leeds " fans" ran through the gardens knocking old ladies over and smashing ice cream huts.... :bigsmile: :D :ang2 :ang2

What can I say but a ground full of enthusiastic and vocal Leeds supporters can really add to the atmosphere of a game. The Premiership can't be the same without them...but we are always remembered for the pricks that cause trouble unfortunately... :drunk :gulp

But this really is sad reading... :cry2 :cry2 :cry2 Although we are in the company of a European Cup winning team!!! :huh: :allright ..

1 Bournemouth 0 0 0

2 Brighton 0 0 0

3 Bristol Rovers 0 0 0

4 Carlisle 0 0 0

5 Cheltenham 0 0 0

6 Crewe 0 0 0

7 Doncaster 0 0 0

8 Gillingham 0 0 0

9 Hartlepool 0 0 0

10 Huddersfield 0 0 0

11 Leyton Orient 0 0 0

12 Luton 0 0 0

13 Millwall 0 0 0

14 Northampton 0 0 0

15 Nottm Forest 0 0 0

16 Oldham 0 0 0

17 Port Vale 0 0 0

18 Southend 0 0 0

19 Swansea 0 0 0

20 Swindon 0 0 0

21 Tranmere 0 0 0

22 Walsall 0 0 0

23 Yeovil 0 0 0

24 Leeds 0 0 -15

Edited by Bullfrog

Rotherham, although starting well last season, found that 10 piont deduction too much for them. You you will have to win 5 times to start competing wiht the others. As long as you beat Swansea- twice ! :allright

- 12 points

Coca-Cola Football League One Table

11 August 2007 16:59

P GD PTS

1 Crewe 1 1 3

2 Leyton Orient 1 1 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Luton 1 1 3

4 Oldham 1 1 3

5 Cheltenham 1 1 3

6 Huddersfield 1 1 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Bristol Rovers 1 0 1

8 Carlisle 1 0 1

9 Northampton 1 0 1

10 Port Vale 1 0 1

11 Swindon 1 0 1

12 Walsall 1 0 1

13 Bournemouth 1 0 1

14 Doncaster 1 0 1

15 Millwall 1 0 1

16 Nottm Forest 1 0 1

17 Brighton 1 -1 0

18 Hartlepool 1 -1 0

19 Southend 1 -1 0

20 Swansea 1 -1 0

21 Tranmere 1 -1 0

22 Gillingham 1 -1 0

23 Yeovil 1 -1 0

24 Leeds 1 1 -12

Super Leeds will be back

Brentford managed a draw with the team most likely to be demoted -Mansfield Town. Our goalie saved us a few times.

Lost 3-0 to Bristol.C. in first round of the Cup. A long term player had a row with Terry Butcher during the game. We did beat 'Fulham' 1-0 at a behind closed doors game.

I have a feeling we may be following the stock markets, unless we get our act together.

Oh well, its only a game. :bigsmile:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest andgerrard

Leeds to make the play-offs?

3 games 9 points ,you now stand on minus 6 which is only 2 more wins `til zero ,currently 15 points behind the leaders Leyton orient! Your original deficit at the start ,Leeds have 9 points the same as the `leaders` so barring the ridiculous FA sanction Leeds utd would now be sitting top of league 1(gd +5),

Leeds to make the play-offs?You bet!

• 2 weeks later...
unfortunately they,ll be battling to stay up :drunk after their points deduction

NO WAY!

Just 3 more points will see us clear of the relegation area and then the next target is the play off area which is but a further 6 points away.

Here we go with Leeds United

We're gonna give the boys a hand

Stand up and sing for Leeds United

They are the greatest in the land

Every day, we're all gonna say

We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds

Everywhere, we're gonna be there

Marching on together

We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)

We are so proud

We shout it out loud

We've been through it all together

And we've had our up's and down's

We're gonna stay with you forever

At least until the world stops going 'round

Marching on together

We are so proud

We shout it out loud

We are so proud

We shout it out loud

NO WAY!

Here we go with Leeds United

We're gonna give the boys a hand

Stand up and sing for Leeds United

They are the greatest in the land

Marching on together

We are so proud

We shout it out loud

We've been through it all together

And we've had our up's and down's

We're gonna stay with you forever

At least until the world stops going 'round

Marching on together

We are so proud

We shout it out loud

We are so proud

We shout it out loud

William Shakespeare. :drunk

William Shakespeare. :rolleyes:

True poetry was on 4th March 1972 in a game where Leeds completely destroyed Southampton and made them look like kids in the park on a Sunday afternoon instead of a top flight football team.

Yes, they were the 'glory days', but the club will return to the top flight in the near future I'm sure.

True poetry was on 4th March 1972 in a game where Leeds completely destroyed Southampton and made them look like kids in the park on a Sunday afternoon instead of a top flight football team.

Yes, they were the 'glory days', but the club will return to the top flight in the near future I'm sure.

You know what ?

Going back 35 years, don't really give your argument a lot of clout. :D :D

• 4 weeks later...