Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

The Laphraoig + marmite of football

Leeds lost their first game to top team Carlisle today, but it's only a hiccup I suspect. Lets see where they are on Valentines day, that's about the time positions start to form for the season end.

Leeds lost their first game to top team Carlisle today, but it's only a hiccup I suspect. Lets see where they are on Valentines day, that's about the time positions start to form for the season end.

No shame in losing up there in the wilderness. Leeds run had to end sometime :bigsmile:

No shame in losing up there in the wilderness. Leeds run had to end sometime :clueless

Did I say there was any shame involved ? Did I say their run will never end ? Do I need a

No wonder the Welsh are so popular ! :D

Guys, was club managment ever held accountable for the financial collapse of Leeds?

Anyone face embezzlement charges?

Good luck on the road back up.

I don't know who was responsible for the huge losses at Leeds, but it is happening all over the sport.

The higher football management, is less transparent than Government. Managers live in fear of the whims of the owners- look at Chelsea :D Many lower teams sell their best players to the richer clubs, but they are not replaced ie Millwall & Brentford. A Millwall fan on the radio made a good point. He said that in the winter, you manage a football team, in the summer you manage the Club. It seems in the summer all the deals are laid out for the coming transfer season. that is where the top managers make the decisions in the boardroom. That's probably why Martin Alan left Brentford 2 years ago. He saw the transfers coming up and the team he would have left to start the new season with.

Two manager later we are struggling in the bottom division. Where the money went for the 5+ players that now play in the Premiership has gone, I couldn't tell you. Oh yes, Brentford is owned by the fans. We are looking for a rich local to help out. Greg Dyke is a director, but has not put his hand in his pocket, or likely to. :banghead

Edited by nidnoyham

Thanks Nidnoyham.

Always give me a laugh nowadays when players kiss their emblem ... only to fuck off to the next club for a few extra pounds in the summer.

Surprised there's not more of a public uproar in England about a "league" effectively being reduced to 3-4 mega-rich teams.

Either fans have to wait for a few more billionaires to enter the frey to give more teams a chance or some sort of draft/salary cap is needed like in the US but given the global nature of football that could be impossible to implement.

What's the answer lads?

Beer o'clock here.

Here's to Leeds :D

Just as an aside.

Harry Redknap, the Portsmouth, manager, is complaining that the Africa Cup Next January, could stop his team qualifying for Europe next year. Their main goal scorers will be away in Africa playing for their country. All I can say is Som Nom Nah. No doubt Arsenal and a few others will be in the same boat - Good !

I can be quite bitter sometimes. :D

Watched an Italian game Sunday, not only was the female presenter a fair sort ( They can't be real ) nearly all the players had Italian names. Could this have any connection to them winning the World cup ? :D

You remember Gary Sprake punching some one ? How he got away with it is still a mystery. P'raps the ref' just thought- Oh he's welsh....... <grin

No. But I remember the ball rolling under his body and into the net many times though :D The weak link in a great Leeds side <grin

Thanks Nidnoyham.

Always give me a laugh nowadays when players kiss their emblem ... only to fuck off to the next club for a few extra pounds in the summer.

You have a point Dungheap, but from our division, I can't help but wish the lads well in their higher paid jobs.

3 years ago, DJ Campbell was working as a warehouseman for DHL at Heathrow. He played part time for Yeading, who had an FA cup draw against Newcastle. He played well, our club gave him a chance to play professionally and he did us proud. Martin Alan, the manager, knew he had a bad attitude at Yeading and told him to knuckle down, which he did. He scored 2 goals against Sunderland in a cup game on the Saturday and was transfered to Birmingham 2 days later. Last week he scored against Chelsea in a cup match. Good luck to the boy.

Another player Jay Tabb, was one of our juniors, who come good. he scored against West Ham in the cup.

If you can score goals, everyone wants you. :D

We get players on loan who are defenders or goalies, but to get a free loan of a striker is almost impossible. :rotflmao

• 12 years later...

Well....Am I too early to resurrect this thread???

Brilliant 3 points today v Swansea, we need 4 points in 3 games....

Two posters in this thread need mentioning.

Skygod: Are you watching????

Wig and Pizzle: I wonder if that was Simon from Retox...from Rotherham and a Leeds fan....

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

Two posters in this thread need mentioning.

Skygod: Are you watching????

Wig and Pizzle: I wonder if that was Simon from Retox...from Rotherham and a Leeds fan....

Skygod (RIP) would have loved it!!!

• Like 1

Bloody Hell I've just had a right scare! I woke up to check the scores and saw 8-0 ....It took a few seconds to realise it was Wigan not WBA !!

0 - 0 is fine for me ...Goodnight!!