Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I've been playing golf while on holiday in Pattaya for a few years now, usually out of Lewinskiis.

It's a good place to play out of and well organised, but one thing always gets to me. The start time. You need to be there for 09:00. Now, I like a drink, between that and and getting to bed with company in the early hours, it isn't easy to get up at 08:00 for golf.

I don't need the hassle of arranging my own transport and tee times, so playing out of a bar is my best option.

Here's the question; does anyone know of a bar who play later in the day. Say, leaving at 11:00 for a 12:30-13:00 tee off? I know that's starting in the heat of the day, but it would allow for sleep beforehand, and it would be getting cooler towards the end of the round.

I doubt if there is such a bar, but if there is one, someone on this forum will know about it. :bigsmile:

My friends and I play around 4 days each week at Phoenix and Pattana.We are 8 -11 handicappers.We play at 12.30.So if you want to join in send me a pm.

Thanks, I'll do that closer to the time (November is still a long way away

I've never played Pattana, that and Century Chonburi are the only two I've still to tick off of the list.

• 3 weeks later...

BRIAN,THERE IS A BAR CALLED THE FUN BAR AT THE BOTTOM OF SOI 7 NEAR THE BEACH.....THE OWNER PETER DOES 5 DAYS A WEEK FROM HERE NORMALLY MON TO FRIDAY.

LEAVE THE BAR NORMALLY AT 11.30 AFTER FULL ENGLISH BACK AROUND 6.30/7PM DEPENDING ON WHICH COURSE THAT DAY,ALL ORGANISED BACK TO THE BAR FOR DRINKS AND PRIZES...GOOD CRACK! JUST CALL IN AND SE E HIM

• 1 month later...

I have played golf with Peter at the Soi 7 Fun Bar during my last 4 trips to Pattaya.

Just to confirm some details from my last trip in July. Depart the bar at 10:30am after having breakfast, arrive at golf course around 11:30am and usually hit off between 12:00 and 12:30, shower after the game and then have a drink, your own expense, at the golf course and arriving back in Soi 7 around 6:00pm. On arrival at the bar there is a free draught beer, sometimes 2, and very good food from the diner. There are also prizes for nearest to pins and winners, runners up and third place depending on how many people attend. All of this included in the cost which ranges from 1,300 baht to around 2,500 for Laem Chabang including cart.

In the high season Peter organises golf 5 days a week on weekdays while in the low season it can be as low as 3 days a week depending on number of people interested. In July the number of golfers was very low compared to my trips last New Year and Easter.

I will be there again for 2 weeks early December and will hopefully play 10 games of golf.

Yes you can hire clubs from Peter for 300 baht/day. He has many sets of hire clubs for right handers and to be honest I really did not take a close look at the manufacturer as I am left handed and he always has a set of clubs for me. In fact on my last 3 trips I have been able to hire the same set of clubs.

Another alternative is to hire from any of the Pattaya pro shops if you are after a specific set of clubs but they charge 500 baht/day or you can hire from the golf course direct but they will charge you somewhere between 500-800 baht/day and from what I have seen do not have a wide variety of hire clubs. Well at least for left handers anyway.

I've been playing golf while on holiday in Pattaya for a few years now, usually out of Lewinskiis.

It's a good place to play out of and well organised, but one thing always gets to me. The start time. You need to be there for 09:00. Now, I like a drink, between that and and getting to bed with company in the early hours, it isn't easy to get up at 08:00 for golf.

I don't need the hassle of arranging my own transport and tee times, so playing out of a bar is my best option.

Here's the question; does anyone know of a bar who play later in the day. Say, leaving at 11:00 for a 12:30-13:00 tee off? I know that's starting in the heat of the day, but it would allow for sleep beforehand, and it would be getting cooler towards the end of the round.

I doubt if there is such a bar, but if there is one, someone on this forum will know about it. :D

I would caution against late tee times after say 1pm. It gets dark around 6.15 and in the afternoon the slow Thais tend to collect making rounds difficult to finish and very long. As high season arrives this problem will get worse. Teed off at Phoenix last Friday at 1.45 and not a hope in hell of finishing. We came off with 2 holes still to play and were held up badly on the front 9. On the back 9 we skipped 1 and 2 but it was still dark by the time we got to 9.

Laem Chabang for 2500 including cart?????

That is impossible at the normal rates in high season. The only time you will see a rate like that is on a sport day in low season when the course offers a green fee of 850 baht on one day in the week. The sport days end in October.

Doggie