Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

brillant, its been worth it just for the replies i have had.I hope everybody turns up on the 1st September whatever the shop will be.At the moment the unit looks a bit tatty,hope to get it repainted soon.Thanks for all the replies.

Paul.

well thats one job that wont take long :D

kebab stand????

or how about

A chocolate fountain (like the ones at uk weddings)

embroidery shop/t-shirt printing (only a few in pattaya)

Pastry shop (like one in poppy bar)

Oxygen bar (all the rage in uk now)

or my favourite.....blue-screen photography shop

While you're thinking about what to do with your shop, remember that an essential element to your success is your knowledge and understanding of the product or service you offer. Ask yourself, "What do I know really well?" Do something you (or your friend) know a lot about. Choc dee.

Hi,

I've got an idea, well a few actually.

First, I think food. What about one of those traditional baked potatoe ovens. You sell baked spuds with a spoonful of whatever filling. Or...

Secondly, put in a desk(small one) and a couple of chairs. Open a 1 to 1 mongers advice buereau. Advise all the newbie farangs of best bars, girls for certain services, listen to their probs and advise, you could always ask them to come back meanwhile you could get a second opinion on here as to their dilemma's. Could be good for a laugh, sorry, I mean advice. Lastly..

Have you thought of a few pay phones??

Regards,

well thats one job that wont take long Better peel the old paint off first or you lose a good percentage of your shop space. :drunk

Hi,

thanks to everybody for all the ideas,and funnies. The shop has been repainted inside and out,so things are starting to take shape.The shop is at the bottom of the Atlantic bar.Good postion,with a lot of passing trade.Still not made my mind up thanks to some really great ideas from everybody.I will hope to have some freebies for the opening day,so if your in pattaya that day just mention my ID (Thaiempire).I will keep everybody posted.

All the best.

Paul.

First, I think food.

Agree. I like the potato idea. How about rotisserie beef or pork sandwiches or hotdogs, hot links, polish etc. If you want to cater to the ladies then a som tam shack.

'TIPS'

Just put a big box on a counter with someone smiling sitting to it, put a big sign up outside

'TIPS ACCEPTED HERE' :allright

Hi Everybody,

Mr Whipy ice cream shop.Must be the smallest in Thailand.Trying to open on the 22nd now,all being well.Checked out the repaint and inside,clean now.Had the girlfriend buy her uniform yesterday,but i am not sure about the mini skirt look.Still i will wait and see what happens.

Paul.

Agree. I like the potato idea. How about rotisserie beef or pork sandwiches or hotdogs, hot links, polish etc. If you want to cater to the ladies then a som tam shack.

do you think it might get a bit hot in there ??

do you think it might get a bit hot in there ??

Haha. Which is why I suck at buying presents, cuz I always get what I like.

Best wishes for a successful shop Paul :allright

Edited by brotherbuzz

Good luck with your shop...

All you need now is footfall...

and of course ...good product...good service ...and good price

with the above ingrediants...

you cant go wrong...

I will check it out next month...my first shop wasnt much bigger

Hi,

brillant, its been worth it just for the replies i have had.I hope everybody turns up on the 1st September whatever the shop will be.At the moment the unit looks a bit tatty,hope to get it repainted soon.Thanks for all the replies.

Paul.

I can see lot of newbies looking for ideas where to go for booze and BG :clap2 so I suggest browse through all the posts and start a consultancy for newbies arriving patt for 1st time :clap2 Charge THB 500-1000 for advices on bars/bgs/bj/massage etc and u might be able to plough back fortune :banghead