Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

1. Regarding Americans. I have Thai ID, and I carry my Thai ID. No reason to let anybody know I am an american. BUT, I AM retired, and yes, this devaluation is painful.

2. I got ripped off last night at the wet and wild bar What's Up Agogo, and would like to tell the entire world, that my favorite bar before yesterday is now on my unfavorite bar list. Wish Alan could teach that BAR !! Here is what happened: I went in and was enjoying myself. The mamason came over and told me she had a new girl as i was her good friend. she brought the girl over and sat her down. I will NOT do short time, even if the girl pays ME, i won't do short time. And, if i hear the words short time, I think "AIDS FACTORY" and won't go any further. The mamason knows this, and she brought this girl. She asked me to buy her a drink, so I said "okay." then when the mamason left, 2 drinks came for this girl, and I asked her if she was going with me and she asked for SHORT TIME! I told her we were finished now, and went to pay my bill, and i was charged for 2 drinks for her and one for me. so, i paid one for me and one for her. then i went out the door peacefully but irked. I had been enjoying myself before this mamason did this crap. Then the doorman from WET AND WILDWhat's Up Agogo, DOWN BY ANGELWITCH, came down the street and actually HIT ME, and told me to go back to the bar to talk to the mamason, i didn't pay enough. Then I told the mamason that she had asked me as her good friend to buy this girl a drink, so I paid for it and gave actually a 10 baht tip, I don't know why. Then the mamason argued and the man that hit me kept yelling. I told them to get the police, i would wait. Then the mamason said "okay" and I walked away, never again to go to that bar. I loved this bar before, and now i can't go back, which makes me really sad. This mamason should be fired, this girl sent packing, and this door man arrested for assault. All in all, this is why i am writing at 4:50 am. I would like to go to Alan's party tonight, and would love to leave early with 2 super adorable, young, long time girls for 1000 baht all night, but if not possible, i will pay more, i just really really really need a good night tonight.

Please boycott this wet and wild barWhat's Up Agogo, or do something, to help me protest their abuse please. I loved this bar. In thai culture, they can katote, but it will cost them something.

Apparently assaulting customers for not paying for drinks they don't order is a new business technique.

Edited by MM: Giving the incorrect bar name consistently.

Edited by MM

Sorry you had a bad experience. I suppose it could happen almost anywhere but I will definitely avoid Wet and Wild until I read that it is under new management. Thanks for telling your story.

g'day playmates :clueless

CECCO , that bar will never see me in there , thank's for the warning

MRBILL2

This is potentially confusing.

There is a What's Up Agogo on Soi 15, past Angelwitch. It can get wet and wild in there, but I don't think that is their name.

There is also a Wet and Wild Agogo (formerly Blue Lagoon) on Pattaya Tai, near Center Condos.

cecco, for the record, which bar did this happen in? I can tell by your description, but it would be best if you made it unequivocal so that the wrong bar does not get tarnished by your story.

Edit in: you've posted essentially this same experience in two other threads. I think once is enough.

This is potentially confusing.

There is a What's Up Agogo on Soi 15, past Angelwitch. It can get wet and wild in there, but I don't think that is their name.

There is also a Wet and Wild Agogo (formerly Blue Lagoon) on Pattaya Tai, near Center Condos.

cecco, for the record, which bar did this happen in? I can tell by your description, but it would be best if you made it unequivocal so that the wrong bar does not get tarnished by your story.

Edit in: you've posted essentially this same experience in two other threads. I think once is enough.

==========

elite, i posted one place and somebody told me to post in it's own thread, and as for a third post, .. that is due to old age (which is a perfectly good excuse you young guys will use some day).

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT "WHAT'S UP A-GO-GO ON SOI 15 BY ANGELWITCH"

I AM GOING TO START TAKING FOTOS. I BOUGHT A CELL FONE SO I CAN TAKE FOTOS, BUT I AM AN OLD MAN, AND FORGET I HAVE THE CELL FONE.

==========

elite, i posted one place and somebody told me to post in it's own thread, and as for a third post, .. that is due to old age (which is a perfectly good excuse you young guys will use some day).

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT "WHAT'S UP A-GO-GO ON SOI 15 BY ANGELWITCH"

I AM GOING TO START TAKING FOTOS. I BOUGHT A CELL FONE SO I CAN TAKE FOTOS, BUT I AM AN OLD MAN, AND FORGET I HAVE THE CELL FONE.

Go back and read your original post. If you are going to slam a business, at least get the name right. I am also removing your other posts on this subject, since they were placed in other topics, and hence off-topic.

I understand that miscommunications can occur, but when an employee lays a hand on a customer, it's taken to another level. No bar deserves to be underpaid, but there's a right way and a wrong way to handle it. Hitting a customer doesn't seem to be the right way to me, especially when the customer is a regular. Good businesses take their best care of their best customers.

At this point we've only heard 1 side of the story, and I think it is reasonable to hear a response from the business before condemning the place. It's a great venue.

Methinks cecco would be much happier out of Pattaya and back in the province! It seems like a dark cloud over his head follows him everywhere he goes! :D

Read his report in Members section under topic of I Don't Do ST. Alan has met with him and tried to figure out his problem, but apparently to no avail so far.

I suggest that Martin extend cecco a personal invitation to the FLB and spend an evening giving him wise and judicious counsel!

What do you say Martin?

Edited by rockinjerry

I've spent some good nights in What's Up Ago-go and some good times with their ladies.

I know the owner and most of the service girls; well did anyway. They can be a little pushy about drinks but I can say "no" faster than they can say, "you buy one drink for me?". It's pretty wild and wet in there now since they remodeled it. Actually enjoyed it more before but can't turn back the clock.

I would have sorted the issue right away when they brought the second drink. It could well be an innocent mistake that two different service girls got the same message, i.e. bring the girl a drink. It would have been easier to sort it then rather than walking out paying less than the bin. At that point the service girl is yelling at the bouncer to stop you or she's on the hook for the bin, so things can escalate. The Thais can turn ugly fast if they think you are running out on a bill. Still no call for the violence thought obviously. You seem a little angry about the girl offering ST. Some only do ST, and others are good to go for either. No need to get shitty about it; just tell them politely that's not what you are looking for.

I would never walk out without getting satisfaction first, like you ultimately did when you talked reasonably to a responsible party. The owner/manager has never been difficult with me and I have asked for a favor or two in the last year. Of course, I was also ringing the bell last June '06 when the place was still a ghost town before they remodeled. You can hardly recognize the place since that time.

edit: I really should add that their english skills are really not the best around there. Like I mentioned, they've always treated me well but the service staff and management will do a lot of nodding sometimes, even if they don't entirely understand. Not a slam on them really, and definitely not exclusive to this establishment, but just something to be aware of. They try, but I've had a few mis-steps that were clearly just an English language comprehension issue at What's Up.

You aren't without fault here, namely walking out without getting the bin straight first. But we would like to think they can control their staff enough not to be smacking the customers.

~Sa-teef

Edited by Sa-teef

Great

Next week cecco will be complaining that a couple of thai bouncers beat him up and took his mobile off him for taking photos inside the gogos!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are certain "rules" that we can all adopt in order to not be in the cecco situation.....namely simple things we would do in our home country....but NO.....as soon as the tourists are on that plane they leave their brain at home.

i.e. BE CLEAR when ordering LD's

DONT worry about looking a prat...ALWAYS check EVERY bill that is put in your bin

ALWAYS hand the bin to a service lady and let her check"ok" BEFORE you leave

and on and on and on!!!!!!!!!

For the record.....i love this gogo and its always been 1 of my favs

Edited by vidman
Rumour has it that the BIB are going to make boycotting this place a lot easier for a while :)

That doesn't sound good! :D

Did they get nicked for showing Bill?

Hadn't heard that one.

Scary considering it's Thai owned and operated, ay? :bigsmile:

~Sa-teef

Taken from an online news paper is a warning about the condition of the dollar.

DECATUR, Ala. - A Thailand-based company announced plans Friday to develop a plant in north Alabama that will employ about 100 people.

AlphaPet, a new subsidiary of Indorama Polymers of Bangkok, will manufacture polyethylene terephthalate resin at the $160 million plant in Decatur. The resin is used to make packaging materials for soft drinks and other beverages and liquids.

Gov. Bob Riley joined CEO Aloke Lohia to announce the company's second plant in the United States. The first, StarPet, is in Asheboro, N.C.

"We are very pleased that AlphaPet and Indorama have chosen Decatur as the location for their largest and most modern manufacturing facility, and we pledge to continue working with the company to make sure their operation in our state is very successful," the governor said at a news conference.

The company plans to begin work on the plant immediately, Lohia said.

What's Up was doing fine a couple of nights ago, in spite of the rumors on the ground of their closure.

Thank you for that. Good to hear they are doing well.

And sorry about your head, Alan! :o

I found it interesting that AngelWitch and What's Up are on the same soi, less than 100 meters apart.

AngelWitch has the center stage with everything going on there, with all the bells, whistles and lights directed there.

What's Up has gone to the multiple little naughty corners approach, with the bathtub here, the couches there and oh by the way they have some traditional pole dancers as well.

May they both prosper.

~Sa-teef

Have to admit that Angelwitch and What's Up satisfy two separate parts of my brain very well.

======

after having conflict with "What's Up Agogo" how long I have to wait before I go back?

I am just getting so sensitive these days to people thinking i go to bars to buy ladies drinks! I never do that, go for barfines, and if i am going to bf a girl, long time, i am more than happy to buy her a drink.

Here is mom below:

post-10914-1188253066.jpg

Mom here is begging for money :allright

This is Kontea, she loved me before she and Mom argued over who got me, and I think Mom won, because Kontea stopped talking to me, and she works with Mom.

post-10914-1188253117.jpg

and, yes, I was taking them both out. But what would happen was that Kontea would be there, and mom would come to see if i was with Kontea. Then, nobody would answer the door, so mom would come all night, and early in the morning.

One day i was sneaking off to a beach resort, and when I woke up, there was Mom sitting in my living room all packed and ready to go. I don't even know how she knew. Then after we got back, I went back with Kontea, but somehow, mom "fixed it." <huh

Mom and Kontea make me happy. But alas, neither are in Pats :allright

Oh, Below is "Pat" (Warapat). Many of you have asked what I am looking for. This is my last girlfriend I loved sooooooooo much!

We broke up about 3 years ago. We fought over Kaan Maak :clueless Man, did I love this woman ! I have been back to CM several times to try and find her again, but alas, she has disappeared.

post-10914-1188343810.jpg

oh, yeah, and this one is not in pats either, but china :

post-10914-1188255957.jpg

Alas B) so many stories, but this year in pats, i seem to be batting zero.

Edited by cecco
2. I got ripped off last night at

... at some bar or other, you're not sure.

Look, you may have had a bad experience, and it's even possible you were screwed. But you made a very, Very VERY bad mistake walking out on a bill. That's unacceptable anywhere, and escalates a problem to an event. What might have been smoothed over suddenly because Very Important solely because of your actions.

Don't do that. It hurts, sometimes hurts really badly.

When I went into Whats up agogo in July. There was a very good looking girl lazily lapping at the clitoris of a girl who had her legs spread on the mattresses at the far end of the bar to the entrance. She would raise her head every now and then to look around before languidly resuming her 'task'. I was sitting so close I could see her that her tongue was flicking across the raised hood of the girl's clitoris. I did not have to pay anything extra to see this as this show was almost continuous.

One month later when I went in there last week things had changed. There were girls in their bikinis on the mattresses but they were standing up and not touching each other. There were also girls standing in the jacuzzi wearing white vests and underwear with the water up to their ankles - a strange sight however a result of this bar being specifically warned about their shows as part of the current crackdown.

I was in there at 1.30am which was quite late however the bar was open for another 2 hours and I was one of only two customers in there. On previous visits there was always a minium of 7 - 10 customers inside. As there was not much to see I had one drink and paid up - unfortunately I only had a 1000 baht note. When the change arrived and I was putting it away 4/5 girls suddenly descended on me asking for a tip - understandable because there had been little or no business that night. Some of them thought that by yanking down the fronts of the panties and indicating that I could put the tip in there was all that they needed to do to obtain a tip - sadly no.

When I went into Whats up agogo in July. ------------

I was in there at 1.30am which was quite late however the bar was open for another 2 hours and I was one of only two customers in there. ------ When the change arrived and I was putting it away 4/5 girls suddenly descended on me asking for a tip - -------I could put the tip in there was all that they needed to do to obtain a tip - sadly no.

=======

I am lately finding many guys are saying they don't tip, and tip at the most 10 or 15 baht. Some of the gals are asking for tips, and times are getting tough, but the girls want to maximize income. When the province learns that guys are no longer rushing to the internet, for sites like ThaiLoveLinks, where one girl showed me there are like 130 girl members for 900 guy members, and very few attractive girls, ... how can that possibly continue? When I am in the province, in the villages, there are guys EVERYWHERE looking for decent, attractive women, marriageable women.

One bar I go to, in Udon, it's an upscale place, has a waitress, who got married, only for her husband to learn a few days later, she had 2 other husbands, and multiple boyfriends. Girls consider marriage, dating, and sweeting as a job, more than as a heart. I mean, how many times have u met a sweet and lovable huggable in a club, only to discover on the baht taxi that she is neither sweet nor huggable?

She let's her hair down, and is just a normal girl.

Some of the girls are purely confused. Geesh, how scarey it must be for an 18 or 19 year old girl to have parents who call her for massive sums of money on a regular basis. She finds her self-worth in obliging horrendous demands upon her in the prime of her life.

Yes, it would be better for the system to revert back to yester-year with young brides (Mary was only 13 when she had Jesus), and allow men to marry women younger, and to have some say in protecting, nurturing, and safeguarding them from some of the errors of rebellious youth.

But NGO's have come in and altered the methods by which millenia old practices are continued. People alter apparent behaviors for money, but in reality, find ways to remain as they have always been, behind the scrutiny of the narcistic beneficent.

I don't know where we are going, but I am not sure anybody wants to be going there.

This is so true in every bar.

Customers and patrons should never have dissonance after leaving a bar. I would suggest that it is best that the situation teach a new attitude and concept to the gals working.

It would appear that as the gals are learning how to get more faster, the guys are learning how to drink their drinks longer, and resist pressure to buy drinks for ladies and tips for everyone.

Throwing money is always silly. Americans don't talk about money, unless they don't have any, and girls want to find a rich American by trying to get him to show money or talk about money.

Guys who have money, will rarely show anybody by throwing it around in public.

It is going to be very interesting to see the mutation cycle of Thailand and Tourism.

I would suspect that within a decade, Pattaya will be high ticket only, and the poor will be camping outside the walls.

Edited by cecco