Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Areca Lodge, Sandy Springs or Rockhouse

Areca Lodge vs Sandy Springs

I can stay at all three. Sandy Springs seems ideal for WS. Areca Lodge maybe a little nicer and they arrange transportation (more than Mr. Toom) Rockhouse is the least expensive.

I would like to hear your thoughts.

I'd stay at Areca. It's just as easy to get to Walking from the Soi Buakhao baht but as it is from Soi 13--it's actually faster by motorbike taxi if you want to go a bit further in (Soi Marine, etc.). I like the Soi Buakhao area much better than any soi between Beach Road/Second Road.

Areca Lodge vs Sandy Springs

I can stay at all three. Sandy Springs seems ideal for WS. Areca Lodge maybe a little nicer and they arrange transportation (more than Mr. Toom) Rockhouse is the least expensive.

I would like to hear your thoughts.

midlifecrisis,

i guess it all depends on your lifestyle while on vacation and what facilities you would require.

both sandy springs and the areca lodge are hotels andas such offer you all the facilities you would expect of a hotel , such as a dining room , swimming pool etc etc etc.

we at the rockhouse simply offer large size apartments for rent.

i would be prepared to stick my neck out and say the rooms themselves at the rockhouse are bigger , nicer and far cheaper than the other 2 options , but of course we cant offer you normal hotel facilities.

what we do offer you is nice accommodation , good customer service in a relaxing setting ,in a good location, at value for money.

but as i said in the beginning , its all about your own expectations.

Mulphy

Do you get clean towels and sheets every day?

the rest i can live without

room cleaned and free towels every day.

sheets changed weekly , but can be changed as often as you like at your cost , which is whatever the laundry charges to wash them. small money,

room cleaned and free towels every day.

sheets changed weekly , but can be changed as often as you like at your cost , which is whatever the laundry charges to wash them. small money,

Weekly! There must be more DNA on those buggers than in the CSI lab :D :D

Weekly! There must be more DNA on those buggers than in the CSI lab :allright :banghead

i dont see why ?

as stated i can change them 100 times a day if you like at your cost .

if you want them changed simply ask. or use the spare bedding in the room yourself.

I have heard rumors that the areca is now charging for girls to "visit" your room...anyone know if this is true...suppose to stay there next month.

i have many customers drink in my place who stay in the areca lodge which is just round the corner from us.

they are all saying the first girl is free , but if more than one then you are charged more money.

however they are all saying , they feel the areca is attempting to foster a family hotel image nowadays and they feel the security staff and reception staff are not very respectful of your thai guests.

i dont see why ?

as stated i can change them 100 times a day if you like at your cost .

if you want them changed simply ask. or use the spare bedding in the room yourself.

i have many customers drink in my place who stay in the areca lodge which is just round the corner from us.

they are all saying the first girl is free , but if more than one then you are charged more money.

however they are all saying , they feel the areca is attempting to foster a family hotel image nowadays and they feel the security staff and reception staff are not very respectful of your thai guests.

I always liked your bar, you have any room availabilty 5-15 oct?

Guest jackjones

Sheets changed weekly? That's disgusting. Daily rates should entail daily bedding changes.

Most apartments with long term rates will include at least twice weekly bedding changes. If they have a daily rate that will include daily bedding renewal.

In a establishment such as the Rockhouse, where there is little else to do but drink and liaise with the 'hostesses', I would have thought that daily bedding renewal was imperative.

Che schifo!

Seems that 850 baht daily rate isn't the full story. State the cost of the daily bedding change clearly.

50 baht per day? 100 baht per day? 150 baht per day?

Anyway, as you are considering accommodation without a pool, you could try my new recommendation;

Imperial Residence, on the Beach Road at Soi 10. It has an excellent location.

There are individual electronic safes in the rooms. Balconies.

Bathtubs in the bathrooms for those who like them. Shower above the bath.

It's still all shiny and new.

The Superior rooms are 1200 baht. The ones on the seafront are 1500 baht.

It's the first building at the beginning of the street, so the seaviews are uninterrupted.

They haven't forwarded me an email address as of yet.

Telephone: +66 (0) 38 710383, +66 (0) 38 710870 Fax: +66 (0) 38 710985

I'll see if I can get someone to take some pics later.

It's the first building at the beginning of the street, so the seaviews are uninterrupted.

Do they have in room Internet access? WiFi or hardwired?

Guest jackjones

I did ask, but I'm not sure that she understood. They have computers and internet access in the foyer.

Probably best to give them a call to be sure.

I'll see if I can get an email address. If they can get the details right, it will be one of the best locations in Central Pattaya.

Sheets changed weekly? That's disgusting. Daily rates should entail daily bedding changes.

Most apartments with long term rates will include at least twice weekly bedding changes. If they have a daily rate that will include daily bedding renewal.

In a establishment such as the Rockhouse, where there is little else to do but drink and liaise with the 'hostesses', I would have thought that daily bedding renewal was imperative.

Che schifo!

Seems that 850 baht daily rate isn't the full story. State the cost of the daily bedding change clearly.

Anyway, as you are considering accommodation without a pool, you could try my new recommendation;

Do they have a web page?

Che schifo!

clearly your reading ability or your comprehending ability are not functioning at a very high level.

the sheets can be as stated , changed as often as the customer requires.

there is also a complete bed change in each and every room at all times.

anybody, even wishing to change the bed clothes themselves at 4 30 am has the facilities to do it.

we are accommodation for rent , as previously stated , we are not ,and do not , pretend to be a hotel.

if you want to change your sheets as often as you wish , then feel free to go to the local laundry yourself ,or ask our daily housekeeper to do so for you.

was that simple enough for you? do you understand now ?

mulphy , always willing to help those with educational abnormalities.

clearly your reading ability or your comprehending ability are not functioning at a very high level.

That's an interesting way to attract new customers....

That's an interesting way to attract new customers....

jack jones is not and never will be a customer of mine.

jack jones is someone who takes great delight in slandering the rockhouse on every forum , on any thread it gets mentioned.

it wouldnt be so bad if he had actually ever been a customer and had some sort of bad experience to fuel his obvious disregard for both the rockhouse and myself .

so im sorry stinger , it was not an attempt to , attract new customers , just to reply to jack jones further attempt to put down the rockhouse.

also you quite me out of context by altering my post .

Edited by mulphy
jack jones is not and never will be a customer of mine.

jack jones is someone who takes great delight in slandering the rockhouse on every forum , on any thread it gets mentioned.

it wouldnt be so bad if he had actually ever been a customer and had some sort of bad experience to fuel his obvious disregard for both the rockhouse and myself .

so im sorry stinger , it was not an attempt to , attract new customers , just to reply to jack jones further attempt to put down the rockhouse.

also you quite me out of context by altering my post .

No need to apologize. I'm not aware of any history between the two of you, so I'm probably ignorant about the situation.

Just judging from his words, it didn't seem liked he meant harm--it just seemed like he was expecting a different service from the solution you offer. I don't think there's a right or a wrong here, but your reply seemed rather harsh. My apologies to you! I did not know he was repeat slammer of yours.

:D

Guest jackjones

the sheets can be as stated , changed as often as the customer requires.

anybody, even wishing to change the bed clothes themselves at 4 30 am has the facilities to do it.

we are accommodation for rent , as previously stated , we are not ,and do not , pretend to be a hotel.

if you want to change your sheets as often as you wish , then feel free to go to the local laundry yourself ,or ask our daily housekeeper to do so for you.

mulphy

The term, if correct, would be libel.

Fortunately, neither description is accurate, because everything I have written about yourself and your concern, is true.

To make sure that we all understand, please confirm which of these statements are true;

1. Your Housekeeper is able to change the bedding on a daily basis at no extra charge, as there is always a spare set of bedding in the room.

2. Your Housekeeper is able to change the bedding on a daily basis on request at no extra charge.

3. Your Housekeepeer will change the bedding on a daily basis on request at an extra charge for each change.

If the third statement is true, what is the extra charge for the daily linen change?

I'm sure your potential customers would like to know.

Now your customers will be able to evaluate your ability to tell the truth.

If, as you write;

then why doesn't the Housekeeper change the bedding on a daily basis?

Why the talk of going to the laundry or sending the Housekeeper to the laundry?

Actually, you bang on about them being luxury apartments when they are nothing of the sort.

They have no luxury facility, other than having more space than a standard hotel room.

Your exaggerations border on false advertising. Since you are using the forums for blatantly free advertising, don't expect to be able to edit out any opinion that doesn't agree with your description.

I'm sure your potential customers would like a clear reply as to the [/b]additional cost of the daily linen change by your Housekeeping service on top of the Daily rate.

Is there an extra cost or not?

Guest jackjones
No need to apologize. I'm not aware of any history between the two of you, so I'm probably ignorant about the situation.

Just judging from his words, it didn't seem liked he meant harm--it just seemed like he was expecting a different service from the solution you offer. I don't think there's a right or a wrong here, but your reply seemed rather harsh. My apologies to you! I did not know he was repeat slammer of yours.

:clueless

My objection to mulphy, is his blatant self promotion on the forums and his inability to tell the truth.

Just take a look at his answers to questions posed.

The Rockhouse doesn't just get mentioned. He'll start a new thread expressly for advertising purposes(generally with the same information and pictures as his previous threads) and then disengenuously welcome 'opinions'.

He wants nothing of the sort, just one sided free advertising.

Otherwise, he'll recommend his place above all others, even though it's ultimately inferior, in terms of location and facility.

Take a look at any recent threads started by mulphy. It's just an exact replica of earlier threads, on this and other forums.

Let's see if he comes up with a clear and honest answer about the linen change question.

I think it will be a step too far for him. :)

mulphy

The term, if correct, would be libel.

Fortunately, neither description is accurate, because everything I have written about yourself and your concern, is true.

To make sure that we all understand, please confirm which of these statements are true;

1. Your Housekeeper is able to change the bedding on a daily basis at no extra charge, as there is always a spare set of bedding in the room.

2. Your Housekeeper is able to change the bedding on a daily basis on request at no extra charge.

3. Your Housekeepeer will change the bedding on a daily basis on request at an extra charge for each change.

If the third statement is true, what is the extra charge for the daily linen change?

I'm sure your potential customers would like to know.

Now your customers will be able to evaluate your ability to tell the truth.

If, as you write; then why doesn't the Housekeeper change the bedding on a daily basis?

Why the talk of going to the laundry or sending the Housekeeper to the laundry?

Actually, you bang on about them being luxury apartments when they are nothing of the sort.

They have no luxury facility, other than having more space than a standard hotel room.

Your exaggerations border on false advertising. Since you are using the forums for blatantly free advertising, don't expect to be able to edit out any opinion that doesn't agree with your description.

I'm sure your potential customers would like a clear reply as to the [/b]additional cost of the daily linen change by your Housekeeping service on top of the Daily rate.

Is there an extra cost or not?

whilst i strongly dislike both yourself and replying to anything you may have to say, i suppose i better answer your question in order to satisfy anybody reading the thread , as i certainly couldnt care less about you.

so here it is , i am the owner ,i dont change sheets ,i also dont pay laundry bills , i have people to do things like that for me.

the rules of the house are we will change your sheets weekly , which i am positive is more frequently than most people do at home.

incidentally one of your favourite places that you keep referring to , the mosiak apartments , charge extra just for a cleaner any day of the week , bedding changes , electricity , and wifi internet service. yet you see fit to attempt to condemn me or my place for having the audacity to charge for extra laundry expenses. yet laud approval on the afore mentioned.

there is however always a complete set of bedding in the room at any time , and so the person renting the accommodation can change the sheets any time they want , or can ask the housekeeper to do so as many times as they like , but they will be charged for this. the exact figure i do not know , but it will be very small money , perhaps 40 b or 50 b , whatever the laundry charges to wash the bedding.

anyway having answered your question ,i ll finish by making a statement to all who read this post.

jack jones ,is an obnoxious person , who constantly follows myself around various forums , bad mouthing myself and the rockhouse.

he is in fact practically a stalker , and as you can imagine ,i dont like the person at all..

he has never been a customer at the rockhouse and i have never spoken to him in my life, so figure out why he stalks me for yourselfs , i cant.

he seems to believe that i should not be allowed to advertise my business on any forum , when in fact doing so , is well within the rules.

he has nothing better to do with his time is my only assumption.

thank you. :bigsmile:

Edited by mulphy
Guest jackjones

What an idiot!

At least now we can see the bullshit behind mulphy's marketing.

so here it is , i am the owner ,i dont change sheets ,i also dont pay laundry bills , i have people to do things like that for me.

What an arse. :bigsmile:

No potential customer wants to hear that kind of bullsh*t. They want to know if you can provide the service and at what cost.

Who wants to have to negotiate, on a daily basis, with a Housekeeper who may or may not speak English?

the rules of the house are we will change your sheets weekly , which i am positive is more frequently than most people do at home.

But they are not at home. They are probably having sex with someone on a daily basis. So daily sheet changes are far more important than at home.

Interesting that you mention Mozaik. I started the thread about Moziak as an answer to your claims about your apartments being the best value in Pattaya.

The difference though, is that Mozaik actually are apartments, with a kitchen and a much more convenient location, dedicated entrance etc.

I picked them, because they are at a similar price point(on a monthly basis) with the rooms being of a similar size.

In fact, I have much better value apartments on my list. I just choose not to post them on the open forum.

For instance, my place has everything that Mozaik has, plus a pool, personal CCTV, private telephone line and again....location.

Personally, I wouldn't consider your place because of the poor location and lack of facility. Also, the proprietor is a two faced liar.

Either way, at any accommodation, if you pay a daily rate, you expect daily linen change to be included. Especially if, inevitably, the room will be used for entertaining.

There is still some confusion about this statement;

there is however always a complete set of bedding in the room at any time

If there is always a complete set of bedding in the room at any time, why is there a need to pay extra charges?

According to your statement, if one was to use the spare set of bedding, another clean spare set would immediately be supplied.

But that isn't the case, or is it?

So, what is the definitive answer(maybe you can ask the question of the people to do things like that for me?)?

Can you tell your potential customers that it definitely costs a maximum of 50 baht extra per day to have your linen changed on a daily basis? (That means your Housekeeper doing the changing, not the customer)

The more you post, the more you reveal of your real personality. Carry on.

Nice that you chose to edit your post, taking out some of the mindless abuse. Your potential customers wouldn't be impressed.

Again, you are wrong on all counts.

My problem with you, is that I don't like two faced liars. You lie, a lot.

I've been around here a bit longer than you. I just don't like your particular style of bullshi*.

Personally, I wouldn't consider your place because of the poor location

Not to get in the way of you guys bickering (which is getting really entertaining, btw), but I love the Soi Buakhao area. A lot of other boardies do too. I think it's a fantastic location.