Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

One of the biggest turn off for me is walking into a bar and the fucking music is to damn loud. I think most bar owners/managers are hard of hearing as I like to be able to talk to the person sitting next to me.

Most sound systems are CRAP. Tired knock off JBL or no name Thai speakers played with the bass/treble controls maxed out.

I want a stun gun available so I can damn near kill the BG that after I harangue the staff to turn that shit down two minutes later goes over and cranks the shit out of the volume control.

Rant over. :banghead

Strange

I thought that all every falang wants is

overpriced beer

Big screen TV with non stop football

A wanked out pool table

An uncomfortable stool

& maxed out crap music as described

or has every bar got it wrong?

I love music more than most people. I can listen to just about anything and learn to appreciate it. But I have to agree with Big D. There is a differance between playing music and blaring it to the point my drink vibrates to the beat. :D

I have left bars and I have watched others leave because of this. Then there are the bars that battle between each other to see who can play the loudest. Another big turn off for me. Typically the loudest bar is also the most empty bar. :D

I agree on this one.

The music in some bars is so loud you can not even start a conversation with someone.

Some bars in soi 8 try to outvolume the next bar and that's why i seldom visit soi 8 anymore.

Better to use one soundsystem and play the same songs for every bar over there.

Then there is no need to play it on ridicolous volume.

The Arab beer bars off walking street are a source of continued wonder to me. How can anyone withstand music that loud?

To those of you who love to listen to the music that loud: Take it from someone who worked in clubs w/ very loud music for years and did not start wearing ear plugs until AFTER the damage started...Don't do it.