Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pattaya Bay Resort - is it noisy?

Hi,

We are planning to stay at the Pattaya Bay Resort in November.

I am a light sleeper and construction noise is a major sleep stopper for me...

Do you guys know if construction noise (or any otrher loud noise) can be heard in the room? :banghead

Thank you so much for your help. :cry2

Just completed a stay last month and could see construction site from my balcony....not a peep, never heard enough noise at any time of day...believe me I was on that balcony at all hrs of the day and nite....not a problem I would think!!!!

The contruction wasn't a problem for most of my 30 days in August, although a new project just started while I was there and the real noise had not started yet. The only problem was the shanty town right below the hotel (made for the migrant workers). There were a few days of tear down when it was super noisy.

I am/was in an odd number upper floor room. The construction noise is not a problem. The TV or LOUD talking from next door room may be if there is any. So far it has been only NIT NOY for me, so little that it doesn't bother me. The walls are not paper thin but barely cardboard thick, somehow noise just seems to carry in the building.

Very nice rooms, great staff, wonderful entertainment center in my room. Short cut thru shopping center gets you to 2nd street in less than 5 minutes stroll.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

We are planning to stay at the Pattaya Bay Resort in November.

I am a light sleeper and construction noise is a major sleep stopper for me...

Do you guys know if construction noise (or any otrher loud noise) can be heard in the room?

Thank you so much for your help. :D

I stayed there in May and thought it was a great value hotel with great staff. However, like you, I am a very light sleeper and I think that I will not stay there again. The walls are really thin and noise seems to echo around the corridors. If you are unlucky enough to have a noisey neighbour, your stay could be pretty miserable.

I stayed there two weeks ago for a week. The stay was enjoyable and I didn't have any noise problems. I stayed on the 3rd floor facing the front. The shacks in front have been taken down that the new mall workers stayed. There is construction going on next to the new mall, but I couldn't hear any of the noise.

The staff was great and the wireless internet worked good through out the hotel. I would stay there again.

LeoTex

I stayed there in May and thought it was a great value hotel with great staff. However, like you, I am a very light sleeper and I think that I will not stay there again. The walls are really thin and noise seems to echo around the corridors. If you are unlucky enough to have a noisey neighbour, your stay could be pretty miserable.

Nice place but:

Thin walls. I had noise from next rooms or corridors.

All tile so when someone moves a chair or something in the room above, that's loud too.

I was on the 4th floor. I didn't notice construction noise over the interior noise.

At check in they asked for a 3000 thb deposit for my 6 day stay and seemed surprised when I asked for a receipt. ?

Nice pool.

• 3 weeks later...

I was in room 511 for two-and-a-half weeks (ending on 08 October). Room 511 faces the construction, and is sort of down at the construction end of the building.

Could I hear that there was building going on right outside? Yes.

Was what made it through the sliding doors disturbing or anything that prevented an afternoon nap, watching television or getting down to business at any time of night or day? Absolutely not.

It was my first stay at PBR, and for the market it shoots for and everything it seeks to be, I couldn't and wouldn't ask for more. The pool, restaurant and staff are actually a lot more to shout about than a lot of places costing more THB. Also, the location is a hell of a lot more convenient than I had thought prior to booking.

As a last vote of confidence, I've already reserved three weeks there for my next trip to the Home Land.

~ Pen

Stayed at PBR from Oct 6th till Oct 18th, had a room on the 6th floor facing the back.

Very little noise from construction, although as already mentioned : the walls are very thin.

The room service is great & fast, nice bathroom and the bed is of good quality.

Liked the security system (you need a badge to get through to the elevator) and the TucTuc was on hand 24/7 to get you to 2nd road or Soi Bukhauw. Going through the new mall you're opposite soi 13 & it takes less than 10 minutes to get to Beachroad.

I'll stay there again.

Jay

• 2 weeks later...
thinking of staying here next trip,one thing i would like to know is do they require a deposit when you check in.i think they say on their website that they do,if so how much and if you pay by credit card do they waive it.

The deposit depends on the length of your stay. If you pay by credit card, you still have to pay the deposit.