Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

side trip to philippenes

We just came back from Angeles City last week and flew with Thai Air Bangkok - Manila return was 13220 thb. We could have gone with Phillipine Air for approx 7500 thb but the flight times did not suit as waell as the Thai Air ones.

If your going to Angeles City you can as lajimmy said fly to Clarke airbase which is only a couple of km from the City centre however to do this you have to go via Hong Kong, KL or Singapore.

I have never stayed in Manila but the nightlife is meant to be great although like most large Asian Cities it is meant to be extremely dangerous if you go of the beaten track.

All in all Angeles City is a great place to spend a few days and I will definately be going back soon.

Hope this helped.

Mactan is the Airport for Cebu and I believe Davau in the southern Philippines also has an international airport.There is also one in the north of Luzon Ilocos Norte I believe but this services mainly the charter flights!

I would imho avoid manilla domestic airport like the plague it is asloute chaos

at normal times and impossible at holidays in the pi

it would be quicker to get a pick up from the hotel or

the margarita station than go to the domestic airport

and fly to clark

I decided to go with cebu pacific airline. I am flying into manila from bkk. I am then flying from manila to davao. What should i expect? Do i have to change airports? Any info appreciated...

I decided to go with cebu pacific airline. I am flying into manila from bkk. I am then flying from manila to davao. What should i expect? Do i have to change airports? Any info appreciated...

yes you need to go to the domestic airport which is near by but you will need to get a taxi

one you clear customs change some money at the bank kiosks at arrivals

then go get a taxi from the kiosk which is at arrivals

(cebu pacific do provide a shuttle but its not worth the hassle)

make sure you have plenty of time as the domestic airport is total chaos

and the ques need to be seen to be believed

ps in the philippines do not use travellers cheques no one wants to take them

i had a hard time cashing amex cheques in aud at manilla airport

atm cards and cash are ok

Be prepared for a bit of everything at the airports. Transport between NAIA and domestic can be a pain in the ass. And when you get there the domestic is can be chaotic. PI is nothing like Thailand when it comes public transportation.

Take care, watch your money and look out for scams. The women are great though...

thanks for the info...do i just grab a cab to get back and forth between the 2 airports?

at least i think there will be more english spoken than thailand...

thanks for the info...do i just grab a cab to get back and forth between the 2 airports?

at least i think there will be more english spoken than thailand...

the best way to get to the domestic airport is to go to the taxi kiosk just outside of arrivals

and before the arrivals extension at ninoy aquino airport it should cost about 100 peso

also make sure you keep your baggage check from bkk as the philpinos check it when you exit the airport

have fun :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have flown 3 times with Cebu Pacific to Manila. Depending on your destination you then take a pre-arranged taxi or the local bus. We took a taxi at 2500 peso to AC, but there is also a bus from the airport, think its 1 every hour at 120 peso to AC, which I have used once. Both take about the same amount of time to get there. Last flight we managed to get with Cebu Pacific cost 4000 baht including all the airport taxes. Cebu Pacific is not one of the most luxurious of aircraft but at those prices who cares as long as you get there. Just gives you more dosh to spend when you get to your destination.

Edited by The Dark Lord

I have been to the PI (AC) 3 times this year using PAL and Cebu. I prefer PAL as you arrive at their own terminal (newer and more coordinated) and the timing of the flight fits my schedule better. On Cebu you end up getting to AC around 8 am and checkin on most of the hotels aren't until 1-2 pm. So you walk around like a smelly zombie for 5-6 hours until check-in. PAL arrive AC at ~9 pm and after SSS by 10 pm your in a go go.

Since it hasn't already been mentioned, I thought this method might help someone.

I traveled from BKK to Angeles City this past spring, by going RT BKK to Macau on Air Asia ($152. USD), and then RT Macau to Clark AFB ($120. USD).

This was my 2nd trip to Angeles, and I really wanted to avoid the hassle of Manilla. You land at Clark and get a 300 peso hotel pickup which takes about 10-15 minutes back to the hotel. Very smooth!

I had pre-booked both RT flights and it was off-season, so that may have contributed to lower fares. But the itinerary worked out well. Since I stayed a few days/nights in Macau before going on to Angeles, I can't say for sure if the connection times would work to go straight through on the same day. But coming back was perfect, leaving Clark about 15:00, and arriving back in Bangkok early that same evening with about an hour connection time in Macau.

I plan to do it exactly the same way again next time I'm in LOS.

-- pug

Two weeks ago i flew Cebu Pacific from BKK to Manila...Flight times are not great leaving BKK @ 1.10pm...ariiving Manila @ 5.30 pm....but the return Fare was a little over 5,000 baht.

I was in AC for 7.30pm then had to hang around until by room was ready at 9.30pm(Pacific Breeze).

Return from Manila to Bkk departs about 10pm.

No frills with Cebu but no complaints either.

I have been to the PI (AC) 3 times this year using PAL and Cebu. I prefer PAL as you arrive at their own terminal (newer and more coordinated) and the timing of the flight fits my schedule better. On Cebu you end up getting to AC around 8 am and checkin on most of the hotels aren't until 1-2 pm. So you walk around like a smelly zombie for 5-6 hours until check-in. PAL arrive AC at ~9 pm and after SSS by 10 pm your in a go go.

When I have a early AM arrival I book my hotel one day early so I don't have to wait around until they get a room ready. For me well worth the added expense.

Anybody hear more on the rumour of Thai Air beginning service BKK -CRK (Angeles City) in November? I have just checked their website, no mention of it

Yes there was talk of that happening before the turn of the year but nothing as yet has been confirmed.

Cebu Pacific intended flying that route as well but just read that there application has been rejected in the meantime.

• 2 years later...

I have read on here and other boards many complaints about Cebu Pacific particularly on the Bkk/Clark(Angeles) route about flight cancellations, delays etc.

Personally I have never done that route but on several occasions have used them for Bkk/Manila/Bkk and without exception they have been spot on. Of course they are a budget airline and you get what you pay for but as I say they have never let me down.

:allright

I'm booked on the Cebu Pacific BKK - Clark flight early November. I've also heard bad reports about that route but decided to risk it to avoid the taxi ride/rip off from Manila to Angeles. I've used them on other routes before with no problems so it's fingers crossed. If you want a good departure/arrival time then you're better off with non budget airlines. BKK-Clarke departs at something like 11pm arriving at 4am