Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hello

Planning next trip from Dec 2 arrival afternoon to depart Dec 30 midnight +

anticipate being in BK from afternoon Dec 02 and checkout Dec 8th morning then Pattaya

My Previous recent hotel combinations:

2005 Dec

BK Soi 11 Grand Business Inn 1600 bt night, 2005 good near to Lolita's Soi 8, equal distance between Asoke Soi Cowboy and Nana areas.... and then:

Pattaya: Siam Sawasdee Soi Buakhow 750-850 Bt night good location short walk thru Soi Honey Inn to 2nd Road, easy Baht bus to walking street and up 2nd road to soi 6... great local area, pool

2006: Dec

Pattaya: Areca Lodge ( also went Ko Larn Jo Samet Ko Samui) Soi Diana, 1700 BT night smarter, 2 pools, great location ... near 2nd road, easy baht bus to Pattaya Tai...

2007 May:

BKK Grottino residence Soi 19, small private hotel with quality restaurant very near to Soi Cowboy Asoke, but Nana possible walk easy 10 mins, 1900 bt night, nice rooms, great food, small, hidden away..

then Pattaya Centercondotel rental Condo via friend ( opposite Soi Day Night) one month

ok so advise me on Dec 2007.

BK - near Nana end of Sukhumvit for NEP and going other way down that main road, stay 6 nights, want quality hotel, under 2000 bt night, no meals, GF totally, aircon essential noise free as much as possible, and no bugs...pool not essential but gym is welcome...

Pattaya - fancy this time being out near Soi 2 area... nearer to Soi 6/ 4/ 5. explore this end near to Big C and get me into different pattern from WS and Pattaya Tai area.... pool nice, gym good, aircon essential, GF totally, preferably up to 1500 night, 22 nights...or suitable condo private rental in that area..?

any suggestions for an interesting 2007 combi along these lines - prices flexible within reason ??

thanks

Edited by Agent09
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks both for suggestions

Obviously I have already stayed at Grand Business Inn BK

As for Pattaya Sunshine Vista and Sabai lodge 2 are both way way over my quoted budget so although nice are not suitable for an actual use. Same for Dynasty Grand which looks really nice

Anyone got any other recommendations...?

thanks

Edited by Agent09

In Bangers I think that the Honey hotel Soi 19 and the Manhatton Soi15? run out less than 2000, Honey has a swimming pool.

Of course there is the infamous Nana hotel as well, they have a pool and a disco :D :D

Guest jackjones

Nothing suitable yet?

My choice for Bangkok is normally; http://www.centrepoint.com/Locations/petchburi_a.aspx

Found some pics:

p1sk4.th.jpg

p2ns6.th.jpg

p3mx3.th.jpg

It's almost opposite Pantip Plaza. Gym pool, good breakfast.

You can book it here: http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok...buri_hotel.html

For North Pattaya: http://www.lekvilla.com/ starts from around 1250 baht.

Long stay, there is Seaville Place: http://www.seavilleplace.com/ Up to 15000 per month.

Forgot to add, at Centrepoint, there is also a DVD player and a sound system in the apartment. Balcony too.

BKK: Royal Asia Lodge: Not quality, but good location (at the end of soi 8), close to Lolita's, NEP and Soi Cowboy (all within walking distance). Large, clean rooms, but outdated. No breakfast. Girlfriendly. Roomrate @ 1300 (www.sawadee.com)

I support Jackjones' choice: Centre Point Petchburi: Will need taxi to Suk (50 - 60 baht), but location is good and hotel is absolutely fantastic. Great pool, great breakfast, girlfriendly. At 2085 baht (http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/bangkok/centre_point_service_apartment_petchburi.html) just over your budget, but please reconsider! My choice when staying in BKK. Rooms als spacious (46 m3), kingsize bed, balcony, in-room internet (LAN, no wifi. Wifi only in hotel lobby), TV, DVD, Radio + CD.

I've got two recommendations on the low end. Both are within spitting distance of soi 6 and they are located on 2nd Road. Each offer cheap but clean rooms with in room safe, TV, AC, fridge. They don't have a pool or gym but they are good value for the money.

www.skytopcenterpattaya.com

www.tropicalberts.com

ok so advise me on Dec 2007.

BK - near Nana end of Sukhumvit for NEP and going other way down that main road, stay 6 nights, want quality hotel, under 2000 bt night, no meals, GF totally, aircon essential noise free as much as possible, and no bugs...pool not essential but gym is welcome...

Pattaya - fancy this time being out near Soi 2 area... nearer to Soi 6/ 4/ 5. explore this end near to Big C and get me into different pattern from WS and Pattaya Tai area.... pool nice, gym good, aircon essential, GF totally, preferably up to 1500 night, 22 nights...or suitable condo private rental in that area..?

any suggestions for an interesting 2007 combi along these lines - prices flexible within reason ??

thanks

In Bangkok, Dynasty Grand is closer to Nana but the low season price is 2280 per room, so that is a little more than you asked. Nana, Dynasty Inn is also good and even closer to Nana, but never stayed at either so can't give any opinion. Swiss Grottino is on Soi 19 1950 baht this is the only hotel that I'm positive meals are not included in their price. Livingstones Soi 33 1800. Townlodge 1800 THB but at the very end of Soi 18. Majestic Suites Sukhumvit going towards Soi 6 from Soi 4 on the same side as NEP prices start at 1315. The bug thing is kind of questionable to me, I even hear horror story's from the nicer hotels so I think some has to do with luck. Even at high end places like the Intercontinental, which is about 5900 baht + I read story's about people not very satisfied with their rooms.

Pattaya, not too sure maybe Bella Prima Villa or Sabai Lodge. Sorry don't know enough yet to give a good answer but I'm sure you will get a few answers from others.

Edited by soibj
Guest jackjones
In Bangkok, Dynasty Grand is closer to Nana but the low season price is 2280 per room, so that is a little more than you asked. Nana, Dynasty Inn is also good and even closer to Nana, but never stayed at either so can't give any opinion. Swiss Grottino is on Soi 19 1950 baht this is the only hotel that I'm positive meals are not included in their price. Livingstones Soi 33 1800. Townlodge 1800 THB but at the very end of Soi 18. Majestic Suites Sukhumvit going towards Soi 6 from Soi 4 on the same side as NEP prices start at 1315. The bug thing is kind of questionable to me, I even hear horror story's from the nicer hotels so I think some has to do with luck. Even at high end places like the Intercontinental, which is about 5900 baht + I read story's about people not very satisfied with their rooms.

Pattaya, not too sure maybe Bella Prima Villa or Sabai Lodge. Sorry don't know enough yet to give a good answer but I'm sure you will get a few answers from others.

Is Dec 2007 considered low season by the Dynasty Grande? :bigsmile: Nana/Dynasty Inn quality hotels? :clap2

Anyway, Agent09, if you would like to upgrade from your last digs, but to stay on Sukhumvit, take a look at a 73 square metre, One Bedroom serviced apartment at Centrepoint Sukhumvit for around 2,500 baht. http://www.centrepoint.com/Locations/Sukhumvit_a.aspx#type

Splashing out I know. :clap2

As for Bangkok? Why not try Livingstone's Lodge on Soi 33? I think you can get a room for around 1800 baht, and Soi 33 can be fun. Plus, you're not too far from Soi Cowboy, and Nana Plaza is only a short cab ride away. As for Pattaya? Many choices.

J

Guest jackjones

I just wondered why you were quoting the low season rate for the OP, when he wrote that he was travelling in December.

Nevertheless, he might feel like splashing out 2680 baht for a 28 sq. m. hotel room. :bow

My mistake, the doubles are 40 sq. m.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all

many interesting suggestions. Hotel choices vary like preferences for BG but it's always good to hear about choices, regular haunts and gems. I am booked now for flight , outward NOv 30 arr BKK Dec 1 and return home (sob!!) on Dec 30... but it is my second month trip inside 2007 and third since same time last year included so can't complain... many a man would envy that while I am drooling at the luck and skill of the long term stayers or residents..

all suggestions helpful as with hotels like girls it's good to keep variety uppermost.. I'm making my arrival choices now but even in Dec one can do the occasional flit about and I do plan to eyeball some of your chosen venues while I am there to engage for future trips...

thanks again for replies

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not nearly as enthusiastic about the Dynasty Grande now that they have upped their rates to 2680/nt for the smaller rooms in the back building, and 2880/nt for the front building. That's a pretty steep increase over 2280/nt for either, considering that it still does not include breakfast.

But it looks like everyone in Bangkok has been raising their rates this December.

Anyone know anything about the new CitiChic Hotel on Soi 13? It looks great on their website, and it's owned and run by the same folks who own the Majestic Suites and Majestic Grande.

http://www.citichichotel.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Again thanks to all suggestions so many hotels ... so little holiday... !

my decision in the end for my 28 day December 07 trip from Dec 1 to 29 is:

Bangkok

Grand Business Inn - deluxe room 7 nights @1600 Baht Soi 11

convenient, in street with smart bars and attractions and near between Nana and Asoke, opposite Lolita's Soi 8 and half way between all attractions, redecorated some in 07 and a place I have stayed before, GF, desk ID check and phone call if lady leaves, great location and easy to find.

Pattaya ( 2 hotes for variety and location and test new one)

Areca Lodge - deluxe room double, 6 nights 8-15th Dec @1350 Baht Soi Diana

Smart mediteranean looking white hotel with palms and 2 pools, micro gym, great bustling location near to Soi Buakhow, Papagayo night bar, pool hall, markets and 2 mins to 2nd Road, GF,, ID check, have stayed prior and calm nice atmosphere and near to great bars, nearer the Walking Street end of things and Mikes/Royal Garden etc very near. Also opposite Lolita's in LK Metro ( ha all my hotels !!)

Pinewood Residences - deluxe 60sqm room, 14 nights @1400 Baht, Pattaya 2nd Road

No lolita's but opposite Soi 6 !! behind the Bangkok Bank, and close to BIg C, and vibrant interesting soi 2-5 bars and clubs... a different test for a new stay with well appointed rooms set around a nice looking pool and extremely efficient admin so far on booking. This based on recomendations from the site here:

60 sq/m with Kitchenette equipped with micro-wave, family size refrigerator, hot water boiler, hotplates with standard utensils.

I fancy being up at that end for a change from all my usual South Pattaya Road haunts allowing me to explore the other end a bit more and shopping for food to cook from BigC is just great as I loved it in May when I rented an apartment for a month. and well... opposite Soi 6... heaven !!

That's the choice then, locked and loaded and booked and 3 days to Wheels up on Nov 30 !!

see you there if ur there !