Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

BOB'S BBQ - LK Metro - REVIEW

Porky bollocks over here decided it was time to pay Bob’s BBQ on Soi LK Metro a visit last night, however, as apposed to just the wench and I dropping in, I thought it would be a good idea to rally some of the troops up and give Bob a testing time! (Because I am a tosspot)

So there we were the 12 or so of us, settling into Bob’s new gaff…The place is well decked out, it is comfortable and pleasant, a little work yet to be done re: public toilets, but no big deal. A very good first impression!

I won’t talk about anybody else’s fodder as I am sure they will add their own comments at some point in the near future, I will comment on Bigleg being a greedy fucker, though that’ll all come out in the wash soon enough.

The wench can’t read English and the menu is written English only, so it was up to me to either, make her day or piss her off, no Thai food either (which I think is a great move) as it makes the walking turds eat farang grub.

Beers ordered and quickly served, it was onto a nice large plate of Jalapeno Poppers, mainly for the wench as they're spicy, served up with sour cream and salsa dips, the poppers tasted really nice with the cream cheese and chilli filling…They got handed around the table and enjoyed by all!

Another beer and it was onto a half Family Feast, in the meat section was some sliced pork served with a mustard/horseradish type sauce which had a really good bite to it, the pork was really tender and had obviously gone through some secret marinating process. Some ‘pulled’ pork (I think), I didn’t have much of this ‘cos the wench liked it and wanted to take it home for supper (so that was that). A half set of ribs, and as they are one of Bob’s specialities you’d expect them to be good, and they were, they were falling off the bone with a strong smokey taste (not normally my bag) though this time I couldn’t get enough of them. There was also a quarter chicken served that had some magic fookin’ sauce on it and in it, seriously tasty and all the wench wanted was the skin off it, I was happy to munch on the succulent chicken breast and suck the bones clean…It was THAT good!

The meal also came with some side orders that I am not sure were on the menu or not, I kinda remembered that I was supposed to get corn on the cob and BBQ beans but they never arrived…However, I wasn’t disappointed at their none arrival as they were replaced with a side salad, a potato salad, French fries and the best coleslaw I have had in decades (so much so I ordered an extra portion to take home).

Bob was very generous to us all and served up two huge plates of Nachos with 3 dips, one which was avocado/guacamole that was really well chilled and had a really clean palatable taste to it.

No room for desert as I was stuffed to burstin’

I will be going back and it will be soon...

I suggest YOU do too!!!

but being the invalid fucker I am.

I don't want to hijack this thread but I must ask ,if you are so poorly,why?and if you are poorly then can I assume that i can now ignore you with impunity and get that 4000th spot with no need to worry about you ignoring your way past me to glory.

I don't want to hijack this thread but I must ask ,if you are so poorly,why?and if you are poorly then can I assume that i can now ignore you with impunity and get that 4000th spot with no need to worry about you ignoring your way past me to glory.

nope, I can beat you to the 4000th post 'one handed' :D

A puny broken shoulder wont stop me!

My favorites of the Texas BBQ cuisine, are the pulled pork and the brisket. Other BBQ items are prepared better in other regions of the U.S. If anybody can provide a gastronomical review of the pulled pork and brisket it would be appreciated. Kolobos - the fact that your TG hogged all the pulled pork (sorry about that pun) is an indication it was quite tasty.

Thanks Kolobos for your visit and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Yes the Half Family Feast should have corn & beans, see what happens when you take your eye off your food sitting at a table with your mates LOL :gulp:

Kolobos_gang.jpg

Kolobos_gang2.jpg

Bigleg about to start his Wagon Wheel Challenge attemp

Kolobos_gang3.jpg

Thanks again everyone

Bob

Has ANYONE made it through?

Yes we have about 13 or 14 people who have made it. We will have there names up on our Wall of Fame soon and they are listed on our website now.

If you complete the challenge successfully you get your burger for half price and a certificate and your name on our Wagon Wheel Wall of Fame

Where on Soi LK Metro? Can you give some directions or a map?

Never mind. Got the map off your website.

Edited by Sammy
Guest Fatboyfat
Yes we have about 13 or 14 people who have made it. We will have there names up on our Wall of Fame soon and they are listed on our website now.

I sincerely hope it's not an obituary column !! :thumbup :D

• 5 weeks later...

After having some of the food Bob put out for the crawl last night, I decided that I would go over today and have some smoked ribs. Glad I did, they were great! I would love to eat those with a spicy carolina type sauce (hint hint), but Bobs regular is good too.

• 1 month later...

I tried Bobs at LK about 2 weeks ago.

Had the kettle fired beans which were nice although I had to send back as they were luke warm, actually cold in the middle, second time they came out nice and hot, taste wise, not bad.

Then had a cheeseburger which to be honest was pretty disappointing, not much taste or much filling, also very few fries to go with it to be honest a Big Mac would have been better.

Margarita though was very good and as the advert said, the best in Pattaya and from having quite a few when there, Bobs gets my vote as the best.

Service was good as well; the young girl who served me was very apologetic about the beans and came across twice after to see if everything else was ok.

Saw some other diners having the ribs and they did look good, never got back for a second visit.

IMO, it’s worth a visit but maybe give the burgers a miss.

Has ANYONE made it through?

I made it through and had a large chips as well as a dish of icecream and pie,but I still had to pay full price as I didn't eat the salad which I never eat anywhere as I don't like it.

I ate at Bob's twice during my last visit to Pattaya. The first visit I had the rib'n'chicken combo. Very tasty indeed and plenty of it. The mild smokey flavour on the chicken was spot on, and the meat was juicy and cooked to perfection. The ribs was good as well, but I could not finish it all.

On the second visit I tried the chilliburger. I had the medium size, and that too was plenty. The chilli was good, and the burger was....ehh.. a burger. A lot better than the fast-food chains, but a hamburger is really just a hamburger.

I have an amusing story about bob's. About 10 days ago, I went to bob's for the first time. It was early and there was only one other guy there at the bar. I went in to try one of bob's burgers. So I sit down at the bar and notice the guy is eating Mcdonalds burgers. That was strange enough, but then I noticed the guy was Bob himself. I joking told him this was not very good advertising for his food. Bob had a good explanation, he and the kids just got back from a road trip and the kids wanted Mcdonalds...what could he do, no one can keep kids away from Mcd. Bob was a nice guy and I enjoyed meeting a fellow american making out in the los.

• 6 months later...

WOW....

I am wondering why BOB only responds to good comments about his eatery ????

And does NOT respond to any negative comments ????

I can only guess that he doesnt really care about customers. Just like on Feb 14, 2008.

I am still waiting , BOB....

This goes back to a post from March 6, 2008.

geedeeo

geedeeo

Bob doesn't handle criticism well. But that defies the point the he tries to give a good product.

Don't confuse how well he handles critisism with the quality of the food he delivers.

Although he doesn't know the internet well he produces some damn good texas food.

geedeeo

Bob doesn't handle criticism well. But that defies the point the he tries to give a good product.

Don't confuse how well he handles critisism with the quality of the food he delivers.

Although he doesn't know the internet well he produces some damn good texas food.

I had a burger there last week. It didn't taste like beef. I am not sure what he mixes with it but I could not finish it.

The fries were excellent and the staff tried hard (but had to remind them to bring my Coke).

Bob, beef should taste like beef!

If I want to put A1 Sauce or ketchup or mustard, etc. on it I will.

Please give us the option.