Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Guest jackjones

Is it just me or does their website look cheap?

It's looks to be in much the same location as the All Seasons. The entry and exit is not that well populated at night, but it's ok.

If you like your space, at the alleged 50% discount, it's attractive.

Unfortunately for you, their system shows no availability until February, when the 50% discount is long gone.

Guest jackjones

It may be that you have to call to get a room before the 1st of February.

Would I pay 63700 baht a month plus electricity bills for a one bed corner apartment in that location? The answer is a resounding, no.

Though, they could capture some of the LK Royal Suite customers, as they are a lot better value than that overpriced nonsense.

What an ugly building. :) On second look it's around the same value as the rooms at the LK Royal. Good for a laugh though. The girls might be impressed...or they might think that you're a sucker.

They'll be thinking...I could buy 10 buffaloes for the cost of his month's stay. :)

Hi JJ,

The price is OK - I've been quoted 39K ++ and electric at 5 or 7 baht a unit. I reckon a month will be well under 50K baht.

100 square metre suite, daily cleaning, two flatscreen TVs, broadband, gym, swimming pool etc etc - if all works then it's a steal at that price ( :bow ).

I'm really tempted to take the gamble and knowing that nothing is ever as it seems ... I've decided - off to fax and book!

Any further info would be appreciated ...

Thanks,

C.

First, its not on the same soi as All Seasons. Its on soi AR if thats any help. If you head north on this soi you'll go past the Nova Park hotel. Shortly past the Nova Park you'll come to an intersection where if you stay on soi AR you'll come out at the Bangkok Bank on 2nd Rd nearly opposite Soi 6. If you take the other direction you'll come to the as end of the Big C. That soi is being torn up to install new water drainage between Pattayklang and the Nova when I left Pattaya about 5 days ago. I wasn't aware that they had completed construction and when I had walked by in this past this place was be advertised as a Condo project. While this soi was pretty isolated in the past, now its very active and when they open that new disco up towards the Big C expect even more traffic.

Guest jackjones

As I wrote earlier, at a 50% discount(39,500baht++) plus electricity, it's attractive.

Wheter I would feel the same paying 63700 plus electricity after Feb. was my point.

That's £735 versus £1000....to stay in a back street in Pattaya?

I'm not familiar with the location of the Amari Nova, however, if you look at these two maps; http://www.amari.com/novasuites/hotels-location.asp & http://www.allseasonspattaya.com/location.html you too may come to a similar conclusion. :)

In reality, All Seasons is on Soi Lang Talat with the Amari Nova further east on Soi Phettrakun(follow Soi A.R.). Would it be near the Pinewood?

Can't remember ever going down that way.

The only thing missing for me, is the proximity of the sea and of course, a sea view.

In reality, All Seasons is on Soi Lang Talat with the Amari Nova further east on Soi Phettrakun(follow Soi A.R.). Would it be near the Pinewood?

Can't remember ever going down that way.

The only thing missing for me, is the proximity of the sea and of course, a sea view.

The top floor you might have a sea view. Pinewood is further north and west. This soi, when not under construction) will take you from Pattayaklang to North Pattaya Rd although it does change names and has two way traffic which is used heavily for those that want to avoid the signal at the intersection of Pattayaklang and 2nd Rd. Right next to it is another hotel (can't remember its name, Siam something) that opened within the last year but is geared to the budget traveler as the rooms where around 800 baht and then just around the bend heading north is the Nova Park. Right next to the Nova Park the Nova group just recently opened another Condo called the Nova Suites and when I walked past there they had a "For Sale" and "For Rent" sign out front.

With the sharp edges on those beds when you get in and out you can cause some serious damage to the back and front of your legs.

You know when someone is staying there just look at all the scrapes on the shins.

Close to a grand for the month is really expensive for the locatation.

Diverse

Guest jackjones

When I write of a sea view, I also mean proximity to the beach and all of the things that come with it. A sea breeze etc.

That's not to say they are not nice apartments, but let's not forget the location. One thousand pounds a month for an apartment in Pattaya??

I've been guilty of paying relatively large amounts, but my locations are second to none.

I will endeavour to take a look at them.

Maybe that will redress the balance.

I didn't travel to Thailand to spend the sort of money that I spend in the UK. <grin

Time for my siesta.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback.

I've taken the gamble and booked it - and had it confirmed ...

I'll post a full review etc when there. I actually like the area (proximity to Sois 6, 7 & 8 - restaurants etc) and, of course, would love it to be on beach Road but none of the hotels/apartments there have the advertised facilities that this place does.

If it lives up to the advert then the money is good and well within my budget - My MO is to spend a lot of time in the hotel and use the gym / pool and all the other facilities during the day and evening before heading out late on. I've also got some work to do and at least I've got a chance of doing some here!

We shall see ... I can always arrive, can it and move somewhere else if I've got a bum steer ( I'm never put off by the inconvenience of doing so).

Thanks for the replies.

All the best,

C.

i am here right now at the dusit and allthough the amari had its opening it does NOT look open ,ie lights not on at night in the new tower ,also boxes at windows etc ,i might be wrong not been in there,too busy doing nothing,regards alancee <grin :clap2 :clap2

i am here right now at the dusit and allthough the amari had its opening it does NOT look open ,ie lights not on at night in the new tower ,also boxes at windows etc ,i might be wrong not been in there,too busy doing nothing,regards alancee :clap2

We're talking about an entirely different hotel.

I've taken the gamble and booked it - and had it confirmed ...

You saw the part of my post about the road work I hope. When I left about a week ago the road had been torn up from PattayaKlang on this road to just about 50 meter south of the the place. They were tearing up this road the whole 6 weeks that I was in Pattaya. When you arrive this road construction could well be in front of the place so you may have to lug your luggage by hand down the road as you won't have access by car. When you go out you could be walking on dirt and if it has rained, then mud. If you had read about the work down on Soi Honey a few months back you'll understand what you could be in for as that project had that soi shut down for over 2 months and the lenght of this project is longer.

Edited by Emil
You saw the part of my post about the road work I hope. When I left about a week ago the road had been torn up from PattayaKlang on this road to just about 50 meter south of the the place. They were tearing up this road the whole 6 weeks that I was in Pattaya. When you arrive this road construction could well be in front of the place so you may have to lug your luggage by hand down the road as you won't have access by car. When you go out you could be walking on dirt and if it has rained, then mud. If you had read about the work down on Soi Honey a few months back you'll understand what you could be in for as that project had that soi shut down for over 2 months and the lenght of this project is longer.

Hi Emil,

Thanks for that - I had taken it into account and gambled on it being ok.

There is always a risk that any Pattaya trip will be inconvenienced by construction work. Maybe it would be a good thing if the road was totally screwed ... Imagine, a whole new apartment block with full facilities all to yourself :rolleyes: I'd buy a pair of wellies and stock it with a few of Pattay's finest !!!

Thanks for the advice it is appreciated.

C.