Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi, We are coming to pattaya for 3 weeks at christmas and was hoping to spend a few nights in bangkok before flying back home, was wondering if anybody has any favourite hotels they stay in in bangkok. I am looking for hotels around £25 per night which are guest friendly.

any help and advice will be grateful.

Thanks. <grin

Majestic Suites is definitely the best in that price range, but you'd better book early, as the place is getting too popular. I was unable to get it for this 2nd week in December because my time in Bangkok did not firm up until a few weeks ago, and it was already fully booked.

In general, hotel rates have been rising fast in Bangkok, and the places one-two notches up from the Majestic Suites, that I used to get for $60-70 US (30-35 pounds) are now all between $85 & $100.

If you can't get the Majestic Suites, and your 25-pound price point is firm, the best alternative choices IMHO would be the Dynasty Inn or the EverRich Inn. If you could swing 2300 baht/nt, the new CitiChic is really excellent, although it requires a nearly 10 minute walk to Sukhumvit and the closest P4P venues.

If this is your first trip and you're bringing a wife, then Majestic suites. It's clean and not "in your face" sex. If you're single and this is your first trip, I'd recommend the Nana Plaza. It's 24/7 and the breakfast is really quite good. The bar/lounge onsite is great and of course you're directly across from NEP. The rooms are not that bad, really (older, to be sure). No in-room safe is the only drawback. I've stayed at the Majestic and found it was well-run and clean, but the rooms are very small.