Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

BKK TO CRK (Bangko to Clark, Philippines)

Sorry for all the links but there is too much important info to take out of context in little snippets.

I have spent a long time previous and am still looking for an easy route between Bangkok BKK to Clark CRK in the Philippines. then found these. Good News? We'll see...

http://www.angeles2.com/board/ubbthreads.p...p;Number=554622

Seems folks in AC want this connection as much as we do here. Mongers there wanna come here as much as we wanna go there.

Though this has been a rumor we have all heard many times before.

But now the good news. Well maybe.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=15849214

Philippine airports including Clark CRK have successfully completed trials of the new A-380 airbus.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=534424

DMIA it seems have started building a new terminal at Clark CRK.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=275003

Can anyone living out there confirm this? From reading this the plans for the future is to replace Clark as the main international airport within the Philippines.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=98146

Post #276 from the last link claims the first phase of the project is due to be ready by January 2008. Is it?

This would easily explain all the new road improvements we all saw on our trips out to AC to date.

Can't say if this is good news or not for the monger's out there. Would have been nice for a small airline to get a direct flight into Clark. But for a major development like the ones that seem to be going through, time will tell. Might be the end of AC as the few of us that have been have grown a liking to.

Clark from the photos have landed the A-380 airbus there, a new terminal is under construction, this has then got to be more than just a rumor now. Now its just a matter of time to when the first flight will be available. After all, events happening on this scale aren't for nothing. Something is going on, Big style!

:allright <grin <huh :clap2 :clap2 :clap2 :clap2

Edited by The Dark Lord
I HOPE this comes to fruition. One reason I stopped going to Angeles City is the having to get there from Manila--which is pure HELL!

How?..it never took me longer then a 2 hour car ride,the same time you spend from don muang to pattaya in the old days.

Below is a cut and paste from an AC board.

twice daily via air asia.....

had the pleasure to welcome once again our good friend victor luciano president and ceo of clark international airport at c'italian tonight for a quick dinner!

quite rightfully he beamed with pride as he informed a group of friends that the clark bangkok flights have finally been approved, the starting date is set for march. reservations are accepted and can be made starting january.

i will post another message tomorrow with price estimates, i do recall that victor informed me that one flight will be in the morning the second in the afternoon!

the potential of this new flights are endless, open door to europe etc etc etc.....

cheers

chef chris

• 3 weeks later...
Below is a cut and paste from an AC board.

twice daily via air asia.....

had the pleasure to welcome once again our good friend victor luciano president and ceo of clark international airport at c'italian tonight for a quick dinner!

quite rightfully he beamed with pride as he informed a group of friends that the clark bangkok flights have finally been approved, the starting date is set for march. reservations are accepted and can be made starting january.

i will post another message tomorrow with price estimates, i do recall that victor informed me that one flight will be in the morning the second in the afternoon!

the potential of this new flights are endless, open door to europe etc etc etc.....

cheers

chef chris

Any new word on this? Definintely going to hit AC in conjunction with the April trip.

It is not available on airasia.com yet, hopefully wont be long.

One has to admire blind faith,believe it if and when it actually happens! Until then simply ignore everything these so called "Experts" try to forecast, reason being of course nothing moves before ALL palms are well and truly greased!

Rumours have been circulating regarding the old Clark base for many years including the closure of NIAI and replacing it with Clark,to re-opening it as a base for the P.I. Air-force,both pie in the sky dreams,but nevertheless said to be at the time merely a few months away!

Chances are in 5 years the same statements will still be around! :banghead :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I hope this does come about but don't forget that Phillipines Airline and particularly Thai International are dead set against any other airline flying to the PI from Thailand. Thai very quickly squashed the Air Asia proposal to start a service from U Tapao to Clark.

stevoh.

Edited by stevemcm
Thai very quickly squashed the Air Asia proposal to start a sevice from U Tapao to Clark.

stevoh.

What a shame - U Tapao to Clack would have been so perfect :allright