Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I just got back from 2 weeks in Pattaya. This time around, I stayed at the Honey Inn, located on Soi 11 off Soi Buakhao (or off 2nd Road), about half way up the soi. I booked via an agency (I didn't have their number before), but later got their hotel info and requested their airport pickup service at 1,500B. The driver was on time, a safe driver, and spoke English. Ditto with the drop off (1,000B).

Pros: It's been renovated, so the rooms are clean. The bed was huge and the room was spacious. The bathroom had a walk in shower with good water pressure. The staff were friendly, efficient, spoke English and didn't screw up once, not even my laundry or the final checkout bill. The price was great for this, at about 800B a night (high season rate), breakfast included. And no hassle at all about joiners. The late night guy was cool about everything, and leaving an ID card was up to you.

Cons: It's a noisy soi, with bars across the street, bikes at all hours, and construction noise starts early. So bring earplugs. The restaurant has no non-smoking section, so if you can't tolerate nicotine with your breakfast, best eat someplace else. And if you do eat in the restaurant, make sure you are clear about what you want. The woman in there is a bit slow on the uptake, and she constantly made mistakes with peoples' breakfast orders. A final con: No safe, and the safe-deposit box at the front desk is not available after 10PM, which sucks if you have an early-morning checkout and forget to get your shit.

Note that soi 11 has loads of massage parlors which can be a pro if you like convenience and don't mind walking by the girls you've already done every day with a new one on your arm. Also, I spoke with the GM there over breakfast one day, and he seems to be very improvement minded, so I think the hotel will get better as time goes on. He said they are planning to build 160 new units in the lot behind the hotel on Soi 10 (off 2nd road).

Definitely a good place to stay. :clap1

Mail: honeyinn@gmail.com

Tel: 038-421-543 (or 544)

Definitevely a great choice since the renovation, the room with backside view, wich i had, are quiet. A pool will certainly added.

srce3b8a0aejz0.jpgsrce3b8a0aadp5.jpgsrce3b8a0acyk7.jpg

Definitevely a great choice since the renovation, the room with backside view, wich i had, are quiet. A pool will certainly added

Shiiiiit! How stupid am I, eh!

I was there two weeks and never once thought of just asking to change to the rooms facing the empty soi!! <grin Doh!

• 2 weeks later...
RE <Honey Inn Hotel>,DO they do monthly rates? can anyone tell me how many floors there are in the hotel, It looks exactly what Iam looking for. G/O. :banghead

No Monthly rates offered at the moment,but suspect that might change when faced with low season empty rooms!

I just got back from 2 weeks in Pattaya. This time around, I stayed at the Honey Inn, located on Soi 11 off Soi Buakhao (or off 2nd Road), about half way up the soi. I booked via an agency (I didn't have their number before), but later got their hotel info and requested their airport pickup service at 1,500B. The driver was on time, a safe driver, and spoke English. Ditto with the drop off (1,000B).

Pros: It's been renovated, so the rooms are clean. The bed was huge and the room was spacious. The bathroom had a walk in shower with good water pressure. The staff were friendly, efficient, spoke English and didn't screw up once, not even my laundry or the final checkout bill. The price was great for this, at about 800B a night (high season rate), breakfast included. And no hassle at all about joiners. The late night guy was cool about everything, and leaving an ID card was up to you.

Cons: It's a noisy soi, with bars across the street, bikes at all hours, and construction noise starts early. So bring earplugs. The restaurant has no non-smoking section, so if you can't tolerate nicotine with your breakfast, best eat someplace else. And if you do eat in the restaurant, make sure you are clear about what you want. The woman in there is a bit slow on the uptake, and she constantly made mistakes with peoples' breakfast orders. A final con: No safe, and the safe-deposit box at the front desk is not available after 10PM, which sucks if you have an early-morning checkout and forget to get your shit.

Note that soi 11 has loads of massage parlors which can be a pro if you like convenience and don't mind walking by the girls you've already done every day with a new one on your arm. Also, I spoke with the GM there over breakfast one day, and he seems to be very improvement minded, so I think the hotel will get better as time goes on. He said they are planning to build 160 new units in the lot behind the hotel on Soi 10 (off 2nd road).

Definitely a good place to stay. :clap1

Mail: honeyinn@gmail.com

Tel: 038-421-543 (or 544)

Thanks for the review. However, after those comments, I'm surprised you think it's a good place to stay! I guess we all attach different levels of importance to different things.

RE> Soi Honey Inn Will someone please post a reply to these questions.How many floors ? if more than two do they have alift? Also do they have 24hr reception as I would not arrive until about 2am in Pattaya. Is breakfast included in room rates? if so, is it for 1 or 2 persons. Latest update on all these questions would very appreciated, and a big thankyou to all who have taken the time to reply to this post: Regards Golden Oldie. :bigsmile:

RE> Soi Honey Inn Will someone please post a reply to these questions.How many floors ? if more than two do they have alift? Also do they have 24hr reception as I would not arrive until about 2am in Pattaya. Is breakfast included in room rates? if so, is it for 1 or 2 persons. Latest update on all these questions would very appreciated, and a big thankyou to all who have taken the time to reply to this post: Regards Golden Oldie. :bigsmile:

honey inn has no lift it has 3 floors including grond floor it has night porters they would probably just let you in the room sort paperwork out in the morning breakfast is included 1 person restaurant is very cheap anyway stayed in the honey inn many times very homely and friendly but now no pool intown just up the soi is probably better value

ANDYFALANG::Thanks for that infomation.Now may I take a little more of your precious time. Does INTOWN that you mentioned have a web site? if not can you give me details re room rates daily/monthly etc.More or less the same questions you have just answered for me.I am trying to find somewhere reasonably priced eg, 2 rooms (3 people). THANKYOU.Cheers

ANDYFALANG::Thanks for that infomation.Now may I take a little more of your precious time. Does INTOWN that you mentioned have a web site? if not can you give me details re room rates daily/monthly etc.More or less the same questions you have just answered for me.I am trying to find somewhere reasonably priced eg, 2 rooms (3 people). THANKYOU.Cheers

intown has no website room rates at the moment are about 700 per night they will come down if you are staying 1 week or more also i think they come down on the 1st of march i payed 550 in october no problems with taking 2 friends back the rooms are large and ok for the money small roof top pool with good views they will take a telephone reservation or email booking email is info@intownholiday co.th telephone is 038420696-701 you need to put the thai code and drop the 0 also there are many good value guest houses soi lk metro soi buakhow and the sois of soi buakhow do a search hope this helps

Intown is very good value for money,get a room with balcony facing the soi and you will see some action and get some offers from across at sawasdee.The coffee shop over there does the best spring rolls in pattaya.And yes I am a perv !!!

• 10 months later...

Beware-cockroaches !

Stayed one night at Honey Inn in September this year,not by choice but my mates had been in Pattaya 3 days before me and wanted to see if the refurb was any good.

Got a room on the ground floor,checked in at about 21.30,by 22.30 I had seen 5 live cockroaches and had one dead and decaying one cleaned from the corridor.700 per night,the pits !

Moved almost directly opposite to a new hotel,Orn's Place.Directly above Pims Bar.Large room with many lockable cupboards and drawers,balcony included for 600 per night.No in room safe but 24hr access to safe deposit in reception.

ps 3 massage parlours visible from the balcony !

IMO Intown is better value.

Rooms are now 800... but there is an elevator!

And a rooftop pool to get out of the afternoon noise and pollution.

Rooms on the backside are perfectly quiet.