Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Any BM fly to LOS from Birmingham or Cardiff?

yes I have flown a few times from Birmingham. both Emerates and China aiways give an excellent service.

Fly from Aberdeen to Birmingham and Manchester, then to LOS using Emirates.

Price just now about £562.00 or so direct from their website. Emirates are better IMHO than KLM, never used Air France so can't comment on them.

Hope of some help.

Best Regards

Fireman Sam

Edited by Fireman Sam

Flew from Bangkok to Birmingham and return in August with Emirates the price then was 32,000 baht inclusive, in economy. Had three hour stopover in Dubai which was busy but took advantage of a lounge.

Two years ago flew KLM from Leeds to Amsterdam, but due to snow was three hours on the ground at Leeds so late for China Airways connection to Bangkok. Had booked business class and KLM transfer desk said I could wait three days in the airport for the next available seat in China or take an economy seat in KLM in 8 hours. I opted for KLM, but is was not good to see half the business class seats empty and no chance of being moved. No refund just a 15 euro food voucher. Fortunately better coming back.

Normally I have flown Etihad from and to Manchester, normally good, but last December, 26 hours at Manchester and overnight hotel due to breakdown. Etihad are good also due to the increased luggage allowance not sure if it still is the same but last year it was 30k in economy and 40k in business a boon when you move out here permanently like I did last year.

never use air France, very very expensive, full of frogs and 31" seat pitch. Just awfull.

Emirates or China both OK

Griffo..

Flew Emirates from Birmingham - Dubai - Bangkok..... good flight with decent times, good airline.

Have flown KLM, on Newcastle - Amsterdam - Bangkok. Will never fly them with again on the Bangkok route..

I should be based in Cardiff for at least the next 3 months and with Easter coming up I was looking to hope over to LOS for some R&R.

KLM seems to be the best route to BKK from Cardiff but having lived in Amsterdam I know KLM is not exactly big on service or value. But they are the quickest route to BKK

Emirate are offering good prices but an 8 hour wait for a plane in Dubai is not never appealing to be honest.

Emirate are offering good prices but an 8 hour wait for a plane in Dubai is not never appealing to be honest.

There is an under 3 hour connection which I have always managed to get a seat on. EK384 is the best DXB-BKK flight to get when flying in from the UK - gets you into BKK for midday.

Look for it and it will come up :banghead

I should be based in Cardiff for at least the next 3 months and with Easter coming up I was looking to hope over to LOS for some R&R.

KLM seems to be the best route to BKK from Cardiff but having lived in Amsterdam I know KLM is not exactly big on service or value. But they are the quickest route to BKK

Another opion to fly from Amsterdam would be China airlines. I flew from Amsterdam to Bangkok with them years ago. As I remember they were O.K. too. May be worth enquiring about? Getting froM Cardiff to Amsterdam, you shouldnt get too much hassle getting a flight on another airline-as obviously China dont fly Cardiff to Amsterdam! HTH!

Yes the China Airline is the best I can find from Cardiff, otherwise I have to go to Birmingham.

Of course the KLM flights are cheaper than the Air China.

Oh well I will try not to think about LOS to much as I am working Cardiff not the same as London, Amsterdam or Frankfurt so no direct flights.

Yes the China Airline is the best I can find from Cardiff, otherwise I have to go to Birmingham.

Of course the KLM flights are cheaper than the Air China.

Oh well I will try not to think about LOS to much as I am working Cardiff not the same as London, Amsterdam or Frankfurt so no direct flights.

To be honest with you, distance and time wise, there is hardly any difference between flying from Birmingham as opposed to flying from Heathrow. Of course Heathrow is a shit-hole, but lots more choice of flights from there obviously. Personally (and I live in Cardiff), I always fly either Eva or Thai, from Heathrow (get the 21.30 flights).

I have looked at flying from Cardiff, but its always been more expensive and/or a quite long wait in Amsterdam!

So now I fly from Heathrow, and book a lounge for 18 quid before the flight! (as Im doing so this very evening!).

Its easy to book it! You simply book it online, pay with a credit card, they will send you an e-mail, almost straightawy, then you print out the coupon which is in the e-mail and show the coupon to get into the lounge! I booked through Servisair (just do a google for either servisair or airport lounges.

The lounge (at least in Heathrow!) is alright. O bviously its not as good as an airlines business class lounge, but IMHO its far better than the terminal 3! The drinks are free, teas coffee, wines beers spirits etc,.Limited free food (crisps nbbbles cookies cheese etc), they have internet (not free though) a tv, (SKY) and free newspapers and magazines. Also the seats are far better than in the terminal area, clean toilets too. Its also quieter in there and not frantic like bloody terminal 3!

As I say its not as good a business class lounges but I reckon its far far better than the terminal! Plus it only costs 18 quid, so if you drink a fair view! (I dont , I have a few!) it could well work out cheaper!

Just a thought and only 1 hour drive form Cardiff, have you tried KLM from Bristol to Amsterdam then pick up China Airlines to BKK. An option and generally not too dear. An option worth considering - try Travelabg website.

Just a thought and only 1 hour drive form Cardiff, have you tried KLM from Bristol to Amsterdam then pick up China Airlines to BKK. An option and generally not too dear. An option worth considering - try Travelabg website.

Thanks for the information going at Easter I have to leave and be back at certain times. But I am also going 4 weeks later and am not under such pressure the travelbag website came back 100 quic cheeper on the ticket I was going to book. :clap1