Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Will be staying in Hua Hin area in a weeks time. Any nice hotels that are not at Japanese tourist prices ?

Will only be for a few days, but I like value for money. :banghead

Thnx NNH

The way the yen is going, Japanese tourist prices will get you a shack and a bucket of water for a shower. :banghead :ang2

My favorite has always been the Hyatt for its leafy setting and oasis feel. Even if you don't stay there it's a great spot to chill on an afternoon at the pool bar. No trouble using the facilties either. Apart from the cost the only downside is it's a little bit away from the main strip.

If you want location it's hard to beat the Hilton.

I'm no expert but there seems a shortage of mid-range joints in a good location. Either top end stuff or guests houses.

Will be staying in Hua Hin area in a weeks time. Any nice hotels that are not at Japanese tourist prices ?

Will only be for a few days, but I like value for money. :banghead

Thnx NNH

I stayed at the “City Beach Hotel” nice place central to everything in town GF was about 1600thb a night.

Some more places listed on;

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/

I have been recommended to stay at this hotel in Hua Hin:

Jed Pee Nong Hotel

I have not stayed here myself as I am not going to Hua Hin until Sep/Oct. I checked it out on Tripadvisor and they rate it well.

I prefer this type of smaller hotel as opposed to vast Hilton type complex's.

Regards,

I have been recommended to stay at this hotel in Hua Hin:

Jed Pee Nong Hotel

I have not stayed here myself as I am not going to Hua Hin until Sep/Oct. I checked it out on Tripadvisor and they rate it well.

I prefer this type of smaller hotel as opposed to vast Hilton type complex's.

Regards,

My mate gave me this hotel, but they are not taking bookings online.

The Hilton is awersome - Would highly recommened it!

It is bang right in the centre of town and it is literally a walk down the steps and your into the centre. The hilton has a nightclub loacted on the side of it where a number of freelancers come every night!

The Hilton is awersome - Would highly recommened it!

It is bang right in the centre of town and it is literally a walk down the steps and your into the centre. The hilton has a nightclub loacted on the side of it where a number of freelancers come every night!

Got to agree the Hilton is by far the best Hotel in Hua Hin :moon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Arrived in Hua Hin after dark. I won't go into why, it's a Thai thing. It was Saturday night and it was heaving with people.

Tried to get to the beach area but all the sois are tiny, like between Beach and 2nd road. finally ended up in a dead end that had a hotel. The guard told us it was full. An old bloke wearing a plastic crash helmet with a towel underneath -foreign Legion style, told us he knew a hotel for 1000 bht, but we had to give him 50bht for showing us where it was. After 7hours of driving and half an hour around Hua Hin, I agreed. I expected him to get in our pick up, but he jumped on his rickshaw bike, for me to follow. He must have been 70 if a day and had to stand on the pedals to get it going. after crawling along the dual carriage way with him in the outside lane at 5mph, we turned right into a narrow soi.

Went into the hotel, where the owner took one look at me and said " One thousand two hundred baht ! " I was in mood to argue. the room was a dump, I went out and got pissed at the nearest bar.

Next day we drove around in the daylight, it was so much easier on the nerves. anyway found a nice hotel-800 bht, a few minutes walk from the beach- pool, restaurant and newly refurbished- nice !

It is called Subhamitra Hotel, Amnuaysin Rd Huahin. Tel. (032) 511208 / 511487.

What is the best way to get there from Pattaya other then driving? Minibuses? Tours?

My mates went by taxi, if there are a few of you, it would be the best way.

My mates went by taxi, if there are a few of you, it would be the best way.

nidnoyham,

Would you happen to know, or even have a rough idea as to how much it cost them?

Just curious, as if things go to plan for me I will need a taxi from BKK to Hua Hin then a few weeks later, Hua Hin to Pattaya, via BKK to drop off my Mrs. :cry2

Are taxis generally more expensive in HH than Pats?

Cheers,

nidnoyham,

Would you happen to know, or even have a rough idea as to how much it cost them?

Just curious, as if things go to plan for me I will need a taxi from BKK to Hua Hin then a few weeks later, Hua Hin to Pattaya, via BKK to drop off my Mrs. :clap2

Are taxis generally more expensive in HH than Pats?

Cheers,

Just spoke to my mate, thinks the taxi from Pat' to HH was 2500bht. Taxis are cheaper from HH than Pat'. he only went to BKK from HH. Don't know how much he paid.

cheers.

Just spoke to my mate, thinks the taxi from Pat' to HH was 2500bht. Taxis are cheaper from HH than Pat'. he only went to BKK from HH. Don't know how much he paid.

cheers.

nidnoyham,

Thank you. As I am paying for it myself I think that seems a fair price. Even less than expected.

Best regards,

Just curious, as if things go to plan for me I will need a taxi from BKK to Hua Hin then a few weeks later, Hua Hin to Pattaya, via BKK to drop off my Mrs. :banghead

I think the rate for a sedan is 2,500 baht Bangkok-Hua Hin and 3,500 baht Pattaya-Hua Hin.

Try The Limo Pattaya or you may be able to find a cheaper rate in Hua Hin coming back to Pattaya.

Edited by johnk
  • 3 weeks later...

We stayed In Hua hin in January.Sofitel, very pleasant. But not really cheap.

There are a couple of hotels opposite Sofitel on the main drag, that are about 1200 Bht a night.

Pool and so on.

In truth they are on the left hand side of the road as u go towards the train station from Sofitel.

I would also be interested in finding away from HUA HIN to Pattaya. other than Minibus or Taxi

Loved Hua HIN, but want to compare to Pattaya.

I am thinking of buying in Hua Hin and renting in Pattaya. It seems Pattaya has a bit more about it !!!

Any thoughts?

Jomtiem seems to be a reasonable place to stay, any help appreciated