Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Christmas 2008 flights from UK

Looking to book London/Bangkok early for next Christmas.

Dates outbound anytime between 11th dec / 16th dec

inbound anytime between 31st dec / 4th jan

After a quick look cheapest with Ebookers were

£504 Kuwait or £577 China .

Opodo had Oman £513 :banghead .

Last 4 or 5 times Ive flown Eva or Thai but if

a non direct flight saves me £250 I`ll take it.

Airfaresbasement.com are coming up with some good fares

BA/KLM to Amsterdam then China air to Bangkok.

I would have booked but can not see that they

are ABTA,IATA, etc registered.

As Nariad say its too early at the moment. TG only give out fares for 333 day ahead. Everyone waits to see what thy price at before reducing the price. So till then BA can quote crazy prices and the non directs can fight over everyone else. Just wait a few more weeks and the price should be more realistic.

Qatar has 11/12-31/12 @ 517 quid, 11/12-1/1 @ 561 quid and 11/12-2/1 @ 587 quid. All bookable on their website.

My experience is that you can book early, i.e. now, or contribute to the annual threads later in the year when guys are struggling to get anything at all under 800 quid on the likes of Kuwait and Aeroflot. Also keep in mind that the form of passenger taxation is almost certainly going to change in the next budget and fuel surcharges are likely to increase as airlines hedging at 75 and 80 dollars a barrel comes to an end.

forget cheap deals as most cheap tickets are sold yet,also inbound 31/12-04/01 will be a problem.

My advise ,if you see a good deal now then book it as soon as possible.

i was checking last weekend for the same outbound and a later inbound,no cheap deals could be

booked(!) ..whatever they offer you.

China air from Amsterdam is a lot more expensive then Eva .

Finnair (through booking agency,s) and LTU( dusseldorf) has some nice offers.

Here are some cheap dutch bookingsites,

333 travel

bm travel

supersaver

Another dutch/thai agency located in BKK

greenwood

from july the Dutch goverment will add 45 euro to all tickets,planning to make the world a cleaner place :banghead

fun,i want to book to Manila or Cebu(via BKK or whatever) but prices are getting skyhigh too so i found a offer on supersaver.

fly BA to hongkong and get a GOOD philippino low cost airline from there,return with Finnair,total costs +/-800 euro for 40 days mid december to end january.

It really pays off to search the web for good offers or change dates,good luck

Thank you Tom, thats great advice regarding the probable

jump in taxation/charges.

Lost in Amsterdam the 333 days prior to 4st jan 2009 was

around 6th feb.

I tried to book it on the TG website to get the price for the other BM but the TG website was not having it. :D

I guess I will have to call them tomorrow. Oh well something to do at work tomorrow. :D

I called TG and they have tickets at 1395 including everything :allright

The lady said on the phone best she can suggest is check in 2 or 3 weeks when there could be a special offer.

I said could be or will be, the reply I got was there will be a special offer but please book a soon as you see the offer as they sell out every year.

Hi LIA,

Seats on Economy class are still available on Thai Airways on those 2 dates. However, returning in January is already fully booked for some of the dates. If you want, we can put you on the waiting list if the return date is full. What is the dates that you are searching for ?

Regards,

Come on how can it already be almost sold out in Jan 09

I guess they are just holding seats back :clueless

Hi LIA,

Seats on Economy class are still available on Thai Airways on those 2 dates. However, returning in January is already fully booked for some of the dates. If you want, we can put you on the waiting list if the return date is full. What is the dates that you are searching for ?

Regards,

Come on how can it already be almost sold out in Jan 09

I guess they are just holding seats back :clueless

Their computerised yield management system figures that historically they have successfully sold the seats at a higher price therefore it won't allocate any seats to the cheaper booking classes until its booking trends indicates that isn't happening this year.

Their computerised yield management system figures that historically they have successfully sold the seats at a higher price therefore it won't allocate any seats to the cheaper booking classes until its booking trends indicates that isn't happening this year.

So is there anypoint with me being on the waiting list. I am TG Gold Card Holder, so I should just ask for a certain class of ticket say B class and wait for them to release those tickets?

So is there anypoint with me being on the waiting list. I am TG Gold Card Holder, so I should just ask for a certain class of ticket say B class and wait for them to release those tickets?

I've no idea what B Class constitutes on Thai but it's really your call as to what you think a decent price is. As a rule of thumb, if you're going out between 10 -24 Dec and/or coming back between 2-10 Jan you're going to have to pay premium rates on the major carriers. Those dates will vary by a day or two either way according to the carrier and what they deem to be their high season.

That said, there could be countless events take place that will dissuade folk from international travel and the airlines will lower their prices in order to fill the aircraft. It all depends on what priority you have given to travelling on given dates.

Edited by CheshireTom

16th dec 4.25pm/2.25pm

31st dec 11.15pm/ 2.45pm

£476 inc tax Royal Jordanian.

Read some favourable and some not so good reviews but Ive

taken the plunge and booked.

Around £70/80 cheaper than Kuwait and also shorter

travelling time.

Could have waited and probably got emiates etihad,etc

for £620 or so for a similar travelling time.

Now where do I stay in Pattaya ? :bigsmile:

Edited by ranger
16th dec 4.25pm/2.25pm

31st dec 11.15pm/ 2.45pm

£476 inc tax.

Read some favourable and some not so good reviews but Ive

taken the plunge and booked.

Around £70/80 cheaper than Kuwait and also shorter

travelling time.

Could have waited and probably got emiates etihad,etc

for £620 or so for a similar travelling time.

Now where do I stay in Pattaya ? :bigsmile:

with which airline is this.its a very good price

Royal Jordanian, short transit way out, 7 hour way back,

but they give you a free hotel room @ queen alia airport hotel

for the duration.

Booked through flight supermarket 20 mins after booking

same flight with Southall travel appeared on the same site for £466.

Royal Jordanian, short transit way out, 7 hour way back,

but they give you a free hotel room @ queen alia airport hotel

for the duration.

Booked through flight supermarket 20 mins after booking

same flight with Southall travel appeared on the same site for £466.

ranger,

I wouldn't worry about it ...... I'd be pretty sure that southall will have little gems such as CC charges, safi insurance or booking fees to add on once you get to the payment options.

Tom, thats probably correct, I am happy with £476 so I do not care

what price they go for now.

You know what its like if we were worried a better deal was around the

corner we would never book.